Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB'r built car on cover of Rod & Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kxmotox247, Apr 21, 2006.

1. kxmotox247

kxmotox247

If you guys haven't seen it yet, the July issue of Rod & Custom magazine features a badass model A sedan known as the Sin' Wagon.

A good friend of mine and fellow HAMB addict "drhotrodmd" built this car himself and I wanted to publicly congratulate him! Mike has all the right details in this car so if you haven't seen it...pick up a copy! Nice job Mike. I hope to have the details in my car that you have in yours.

Here's a couple teaser shots of the magazine:

Attached Files:

2. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

looks cool, tell yer' buddy, congrats!

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

Is this the same one that yngrodder's purple coupe is in?

I hope it is in the mailbox when I get home.

Attached Files:

4. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

That would be the same issue.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Just got my issue and thought it was a winner. However, after everyone here get it I'm sure there will be the usual whinners that will have something negative to say about it, happens every issue of every mag. I just don't get it.:mad:

Frank

6. Tell your buddy his sedan kicks ass! Thanks again for that title dude!

7. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Probably jinxing myself, but on the whole haven't had too many complaints lately- surprisingly the majority of feedback has been very positive. We're dedicated to the kind of tech & rides HAMBers would be interested in. Except for not catering to the car-less jacket club "lifestyle" folks we try to run a pretty good balance of all things traditional. Thanks Jim

8. 53Chebby

53Chebby

Your buddies car is right on. It is a really good feeling gettin' in a magazine. Last month my model T made it in the Vintage tin section and I was thrilled. I can't imagine what it must feel like to get a car in that you built with your own two hands. Congrats Mike.

Josh

9. Bugman

Bugman

I've seen the sedan in person(cause he lives in the next town over :) ), and let me tell you, it is a top notch car.

10. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

The model a , looks to be very worthy, and great that it belongs to a Hamber.Im looking forward to seeing that issue.
    Jim A, I dont really buy many magazines, but as of late, I have the last couple of Rod& Custom issues.Its been really good. I think someone there has got it headed back on the right track, if its you, "job well done".
    It looks like to me, its returned to it roots, nice finished cars-unfinished project cars-vintage tin-barn finds & concept drawings- also good how to's. If you guys keep this up Im gonna have to subscribe!

11. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

and he is SUUUUUUUUUUUUCH a nice guy... awesome... congrats bro!

12. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

It's definitely not just me. It's a team effort all the way up to the big wigs in the company. They really want us to entertain the reader's and give them the best value for their money. They just added 32 MORE pages and have us working on some really great re-designs of the layouts much more in line with the traditional content. We look at it everyday as "what would we want to see" because all of us were raised on R&C LONGGGGG before it was ever a job and we were begging our mom's to let us buy the newest copies of our favorite magazines. Editor Kevin's dad's car (a traditional full-fendered '32 Ford Roadster that Kevin still owns and drove to work this week) was on the cover of R&C before he was in Jr. High- he will never brag about that, but he's been around it all his life and lives and breathes these cars like the rest of us.

13. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Yeah Jim I was thinkin' about you today as I was lookin' through the new R&C...really liked the article on garnish moldings. You always see top chops from the outside but seldom from the inside where the artistry really shines (or not!).

14. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Thanks Josh for making this post on my car and the rest of you guys for the kind words on it. It made me feel good getting my 1st feature on my 1st complete build. Not sure if i would do that much to a car again but i wanted to at least build one car this way. I spent 5 yrs working on it and there was times i had to walk away from the project. The car probly cost me a divorce too but i think in the long run i was better off turning wrenches on it...lol. I do drive the wheels off it and last Oct I actually broke my quickchange but i put it back together.Here is a few pics of what i actually started with. A bone stock original that was stored for 40 yrs.

Attached Files:

15. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Congrats mikey! Beautiful car, i know it has been a long time coming!
    Sean

16. It wasn't that long ago when we used to get excited over a HAMBer's car getting a pic in the event coverage of a major Magazine... NOw HAMBer's are on the covers of Hot Rod and Rod and Custom. :D :D Viva la HAMB!

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

3 time's kids HIP HIP HOORAY:D :D
    nice c-dan mike....breeder:)

18. Bugman

Bugman

Mike, The first time I saw your Before pics, I thought to myself, "There's no way that's the same car:eek: " Again, great work :D

19. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

But Jeff i have pics of any stage of it you wanna see too. Thanks for stopping by. We need to get together again.

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The mag is another winner this month. Keep up the good work.