Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tetanus Tornado, 56 Chevy 13 sec for $1300 build!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scoggman, Jan 1, 2016.

1. belair

belair

Terrible news. Glad you are still among us. Get one heck of an attorney and sic em.

2. Ooooofff... staples. Usually good for anything but the face, but in the ER sometimes you have to take what they got. My last head wound (2013) they glued and taped. Not a bad scar, but hard for me to see it. Arkansas is an "at-fault" state, but you should see a lawyer if you haven't already. Best wishes to a speedy recovery!

3. Just wondering if there were any updates on you or your buddies? hope your feeling better.

4. just thought the same, how is your recovery comin' along? hope you'll be back on your feet soon.

best wishes from over here..

5. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Jon, I'm sure the last thing you need is more distraction, but you've got lot of folks pulling for you. I sincerely hope things are getting better for you and your passengers. Please keep us posted on your recovery. Bill Rinaldi

6. greaser

greaser

I keep thinking about this accident, and wonder how you Fella's are doing.
    Sure hope all is well, and this whole thing is just a distant memory!

1959Nomad likes this.
  7. X2 Well said.

8. Ive been wondering the same thing. I hope you folks are all right

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

How is your recovery doing? Any long term effects?
    Anxious to see how the low buck build is going.

1959Nomad likes this.
  10. scoggman

scoggman

FB_IMG_1473735659470.jpg Hey guys! Sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long without an update. Well, we are all still kick in! Thank you Jesus! But the bad news.... I cracked both the inside and outside of my skull and it caused me to leak spinal fluid from my brain out my nose. At one point I could lean forward and it would drop like a faucet!
    To fix it, they have to cut you ear to ear, pull your face down, remove the front of you skull, patch the leak then dog bone your skull back together.....

I was scheduled for surgery a few months ago, and actually had an IV in my arm and cut marks on my face, and they called it off with 10 minutes to spare because the leak had slowed and they wanted to see if it would heal on its own.

Well.... today.... it had slowed but is still jucyier than I would hope for.... So I am going to go get tested again at the end of the month to see if I am still leaking.

My buddies are doing better. My buddy with the concussion can't remember the month of Febuary but is ok, and my other buddy's wrist is doing good too.

The tornado has been put on hold until further notice..... everybody has come up with other projects, and I have been just trying to stop leaking and enjoy my wife and kids! Kind of have a new perspective on life.... and how short it is!

The Model A got sold..... Just didn't want it around anymore.... but it went to a young hamb guy.... and he keeps me updated on the progress.

I have been gathering up parts for my next bad idea for the 57 hardtop!

I am looking to creating the first (that I know of) all wheel drive 57 chevy! Love it or hate it, I can't see myself dropping thousands of $$$ for new suspension that still drives like a 1957 chevy. So the boys and I picked up an 2002 AWD Oldsmobile Bravada for $400, a 5.3 ls engine and an Astro van, non electronic transfer case.....

Not very HAMB friendly..... but the way I look at it, the old hot riders used the best of whatever they could find and afford and make it work. So that is what we are going to try to do. And you can buy parts for it at any autozone!

Plus it keeps my mind occupied, thinking about it!

But anyways.... can't say thank you enough for the thoughts and prayers! Keep praying for good test results at the end of the month, that God would weld up that crack in my head and be good as new!

God bless! Jon

Stogy, wicarnut, Dog_Patch and 2 others like this.
  11. Good to hear from you. Hope you continue to improve.

12. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Wow. That is some scary shit. I hope your recovery is speedy and drama free.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

AmishMike likes this.
  13. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Damn. That's some scary shit. Not to be a dick but I haven't seen it mentioned. I assume with three men in an A coupe that nobody wore a seatbelt? Shit like this is why I always wear a belt, even if it's just a trip to the store. Seen to many bad wrecks and people hurt badly to not wear one.

I hope your recovery goes well and just hearing that procedure you may have to go through makes me sick to my stomach. Praying that you don't have to go through it.

AmishMike and loudbang like this.
  14. now that dripping spinal fliud out you nose! Man that has to really suck? Hope you get better and don't have to undergo that sugery. goodluck.

15. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Thanks for the update Jon. Praying you will recover completely and be able to continue to do the things you enjoy (even if they could be deemed to be Non-HAMB friendly):cool:

AmishMike likes this.
  16. It takes a while to come back from something like you've endured. With my 1978 accident I wasn't back at work full time until 1983.

17. God speed your recovery!

18. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you for the update. We are all pulling for you guys.

slack likes this.
  19. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

20. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There's a procedure known as an epidural blood patch. It sort of works like the old ZEREX anti freeze plugging up leaks. They draw some of your own blood, and inject it into the spinal column/spinal cord/dura. The blood will flow to the "leak", and plug the opening. It then scars over/heals. I'm surprised that has't been mentioned, I've seen it done many times. It's usually done when a patient has had a spinal anesthesia, and the dural puncture continues to leak spinal fluid, but it should work in a similar fashion for you. Course, you might have to stand on your head to get the blood to flow there (just kidding). Might mention it. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Thanks for the update. Sounds like you still have some healing up, but good that the leak slowed or seems to maybe be stopping on its own.

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope you and your buds are all back to good health soon. You are all very fortunate.

23. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:( Now that just sucks.Drunk drivers need to be removed from the road permanently,and have their own personal room with armor steel bars with no door opening.Hope you and your buds are doing as well as can be expected.Prayers for you all.Get well soon.
    Good luck have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

24. wicarnut

wicarnut

Wishing you the best for a speedy and complete recovery, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

timmy2times and 1959Nomad like this.
  25. greaser

greaser

Seems like you have your priorities in order!
    Good luck to you Jon... And please keep us guys posted on your progress!

26. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

Attached Files:

27. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Your name has been entered into the Wildman's Club. The Wildman's club is for guys (well I guess women also--these days) who have been in a accident, with their hot rod or race car, either on the street or track, who plan their next build from the hospital bed. Take care and recovery will come in its own time.

timmy2times, loudbang and slack like this.
  28. scoggman

scoggman

[​IMG]

Well.........We're Baaaaack!!!

So... it has been a while.... most of the original Tetanus Tornado got sold off since we all just went back to trying to get life back to as normal as possible after the accident.

I have been taking it super easy.... I still have an uncomfortable amount of drainage out of my bad side of my nose.... and my tests I have had say it isn't brain juice.... and the doctors have said that since I haven't gotten meningitis and died.... I am ....Ok? But yeah... think about it everyday. And I can't go swimming...fly on airplanes anymore.... ride roller coasters...exrecise....but besides that

My buddies are doing good. On buddy can't remember the month of February and my other buddy got pretty banged up but is ok now.

That being said.... We were all pretty bumbed that the project ended and this time around we wanted to start with a fresh slate.... That no one ownes.....and no one is "attached too"! So.... this 56 4 door popped up on the facebook..... called they guy up, told him what we were all about and "one racer to another.... I'll cut you guys a deal!"

And with that being said.... We have the Tetanus Tornado take II!

We are stoked!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. scoggman

scoggman

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  30. scoggman

scoggman

[​IMG]

And I just wanted to say thanks, from me and my family, for all the prayers!!! God is good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app