Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Send Good Thoughts for Vern's Shop...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Prayers sent, and good luck!

2. Al

Al
    from Duluth, Mn

My thoughts, and Prayers go out to you Sir, and all of the others that are near any of these events that have and are taking place. Remember the memories. You will always have them. Stay safe. No fire or storm is worth saving a car or truck over your own life. Take care.. Al

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thoughts again to the Tardels and all others involved in this roaming disaster. May this soon be over for you all.

Regards,
    Stogy

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Nobey

Nobey

Keeping Vern, and all the other Folks in Prayer.

6. My prayers are out for Vern and the others that they and their collections are safe!

Message sent using Crayons on the kitchen walls

7. Take care everyone.

8. Wishing all the families in the affected area, all the best. There are few things as devastating as a forest fire, and it will be a long, slow, recovery.
    Bob

9. Any good news this morning?

10. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

All Verns cars are parked down the street at a school by his house, safe and sound. I'm sitting in line to re-enter Calistoga!! Still smoky, quit a air show happening now

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the update. Hope his shop is OK too.

12. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

I'm home in Calistoga!! Everything is good for me! Now I'm going to celebrate a little...and morn the losses of others

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

Thinking of ALL who are affected by this and the many other natural disasters our country is facing.

14. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heres praying everyone out there gets a downpour for a few days!!

15. GTS225

GTS225

No, not a downpour. That'll just bring on mudslides. A nice, gentle rain, (maybe just a drizzle), would do wonders for the entire area, as long as it doesn't last for days on end.

Roger

Mr48chev likes this.
  16. We’re about 1/2 mile from Vern’s place. Cars are out and from the road I’m certain shop is ok. Amazing how the entire community has come together. I was fortunite as fire went around me but wife and I have counted over 40 families who lost everything. Number of hot rods, street rods, old race cars, etc have been lost

Prayers for everyone involved

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, one of those soft lets go out and take a walk in the rain rains would be a lot better than a downpour right now. Even an hour or two of soft rain a day for several days in a row with time for it to soak in would be great.
    Still haven't heard anything on my Cousin's place in Sonoma. She is far enough away that she is safe but no no news.

18. kleiva

kleiva
    from Norway

Stay safe. Hope you Get rain.

19. My best wishes to Vern and all effected by the fires, as well as those dealing with the aftermath of the hurricanes along the gulf coast and P.R.

20. Best wishes to you all out there.

21. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

hope everything is good! stay safe!

22. sololobo

sololobo

guard this treasure Dear Lord

23. Gavin Tittle

Gavin Tittle

Rain here in west Napa today, felt like a massive weight was pulled off my chest, here's hoping it rained there as well.

24. If I could send some of our rain y'alls direction, I'd do it!
    thoughts and prayers going up.

25. When I checked Vern's place on Google Maps Satellite view it was surrounded by green fields and I was relieved. Then I saw more recent ground level pictures and the fields were brown. My heart skipped a beat. As a displaced native Californian I should have remembered that harvest time is always dry and range fires are a year round threat.

For those of you who lost homes, shops and businesses in this week of infernos I want you to know that I grieve as much for you as I feel relief for Vern and the others who dodged the bullet. Hang in there guys. It will get better.

26. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Thoughts and prayers for Vern and anyone else affected by this fire.

27. Dear Vern and Keith, it has been 7 years now that I had the luck of meeting you and experience your shop.
    This afternoon will remain a milestone in my Hot Rod life. I hope that this magical place and everyone belonging to it stays unharmed.

Paul likes this.
  28. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

Wishing for rain! Be well.

29. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

It is a magical place, it's like stepping back in time. I just like to be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.