Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Santa Rosa fire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pigfluxer, Oct 10, 2017.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy Zack just posted pictures of the DC-10 dropping retardant.

22339685_10213773660236595_6998927454464879650_o.jpg

CalFire says that conditions are good for firefighting today. They are at it, hammer and tongs.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    loudbang, deucemac, kiwijeff and 6 others like this.
  2. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Had a similar experience in Colorado in 2012, I would just say get a public adjuster and an atty.

3. Man that is tough. WA had it's fair share of fires over the summer.

In one of the pics on Chuckles Garage IG page, he shows his Dodge diesel truck was found 200 feet from where it was parked. and the cars had the hoods blown open or even cars laying on their sides. Do fires this severe create that strong of winds? I mean no disrespect I am just curious.

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Old Vern must have some pull to have that many units parked at the edge of his property.
    Good news so far. Thanks Ryan for the update.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  5. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

I'm about 100 or so miles S/E of the fires in the Sierra Foothills and it's really smokey today, almost like a light marine layer of fog. Hope they get those fires out soon as we have seen the lives taken and devastation they have caused. Prayers for all involved.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

.In one of the pics on Chuckles Garage IG page, he shows his Dodge diesel truck was found 200 feet from where it was parked. and the cars had the hoods blown open or even cars laying on their sides. Do fires this severe create that strong of winds? I mean no disrespect I am just curious.[/QUOTE]

Exploding gas tanks

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Dang. I'll deal with the occasional blizzard over this kind of crazy stuff any day. Hope all make it out ok. Stuff can be replaced. People can't, especially family.

8. Was wondering the same thing. I think it's from gas tanks and fuel lines igniting/exploding.

Edit: @WiredSpider already mentioned that, missed it.

9. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

Pinole area I'm right here in that part and we are safe on this side of bridge. But as of right now it is literally snowing ashes.

Sent from my Z981 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

stillrunners likes this.
  10. So Sad ! God bless .

11. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

12. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Smoke is getting worse by the minute, clear down here in Fresno....well wishes to all involved.....

13. From what I've read, fires this big create big wind. Maybe that's what the term, Fire storm means.
    Our news down here is saying there's 500 missing.
    I know a woman from Montana who runs a field kitchen for fire crews, I'm sure she will be in California helping. I'll ask her when I'm talking to her next.

14. Vorhese

Vorhese

This is just a horrible tragedy. It's raining ashes in Walnut Creek, we cant breathe, but we still have a home, so we have nothing to complain about. Whatever you can do to donate and help, DO IT.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Apocalyptic.

Special Ed likes this.
  16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestorm

17. ken bogren

ken bogren

Kinda surreal seeing that mail truck delivering mail to piles of ashes.

Hard to imagine what those families are going through.

slv63 and Special Ed like this.
  18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

More cryptic were the few houses and lawns that weren't touched. At, 00:42

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Bloody hell. Reminds me of the after shots of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. We've had some terrible fires up here th esummer but th amount of death and destruction was way less due to it being relatively rural.

I'm interested in the house construction used with steel joists. We're those home double wides or is that how homes are built in CA?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  20. Evil Emery

Evil Emery

Some tract homes built in the '70s and '80s were built that way. Man, I've been on edge all week over this. We lucked out and the hill behind us was attacked hard today successfully. Our tv and internet just came back.

ahewetson likes this.
  21. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fires make their own weather. I have seen fires create tornadoes, out of clear air. Those alone are enough to move vehicles.

Beyond that, exploding fuel tanks, and oil, etc. will blow vehicles apart, and move them.

kiwijeff, chryslerfan55 and Chris like this.
  23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fire is like that.

24. Vorhese

Vorhese

The fires have made it to Fairfield. The containment went from 5% to 3%. High winds expected tonight, so expect the flames to spread. Tomorrow air quality is expected to be worse than today, which is scary. Be ready Bay Area. Keep inside, including your pets.

Special Ed likes this.
  25. trollst

trollst

Interesting.....I live in rural bc, we stayed home for three months this summer waiting for the fires here to pop over the hill and burn us out, but thankfully never happened. Was close, going to bed every night with the expectation of getting out on a moments notice, I can relate, but every summer is tense. You just hope it isn't your year, good luck to those who need it.

26. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Thoughts and prayers with everyone in the area. Hoping for the best. Stay prepared and strong. Brings back memories of the horrific fire we had here in 2003 that took lives and thousands of homes. Fire crews held a line and stopped the flames about a 1/4 mile from our place. The devastation was stunning to witness. Like all natural disasters, it brought out the best and worst of mankind, the gamut running from absolute earth angels to looters and con men posing as contractors.

27. Nobey

Nobey

Just recieved word my Viet Nam buddy Chris, had to evacuate his little home in Santa Rosa.
    Prayers going out to these folks.....

ls1yj, chryslerfan55 and Hatchet like this.
  28. rydetyme

rydetyme

Prayers going out to all those effected and those who are fighting this devistating fire.

29. This is just unbelievable - our thoughts and prayers go out to all ...

30. Thoughts and prayers to all affected....