Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

(SOLD) 1931 plymouth coupe, 3 window, rod, restore, or leave it alone

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by oldsrocket, Sep 29, 2017.

1. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

City: DeKalb

State: Illinois
    Price: 13000
    This car has been sold and is headed to a great home.

This is a 1931 Plymouth PA 3-window coupe. It's extremely solid with almost no rust. Has a running stock 196ci that I am currently rebuilding the carb on. It has new Coker 475/500-15 blackwalls and inner tubes on the stock wire wheels. It has a rebuilt master cylinder and rebuilt wheel cylinders. It has new brake hoses as well. Gas tank has been cleaned out. Has new woven green lacquer cloth sparkplug wires and terminal ends. New ignition switch, coil, batt. I have a dodge caravan seat for it that fits well.

It is essentially rust free with exception of an area of the lower part of the deck lid pictured with my hand. Wood here is still good. Easy to repair if you want to. Floors are immaculate and rock solid with original wood access panels. Doors shut tight. Grill has chrome rock guard, worth a pretty penny on it's own.

I think I am the third owner. I have a clear Ohio title for it. At this point, this car could go either way, restoration or hot rod. A baby hemi would sure go nice in this. It's a rare car with less than 1/10 the production numbers of a model A coupe. Definitely not a belly button car! It's got a good bit more room than a model A as well. There's no door glass or roof insert, but it gives it character. It has an interesting patina that I like quite a bit and is different than the normal chalky rusty look.

It's an all around super solid, damn neat car. I just don't have the desire or motivation to proceed on it with my tiny garage with my limited time right now.

Links to Video:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6xMD88hep17eXk1YUxLSnN5WjQ/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6xMD88hep17M2hmR1JZZFJKa28/view?usp=sharing

I will take $13k for it or I will consider trades of the following: Early stock Harley Panhead. Vintage big twin or inline 4cyl Indian, 1957-1959 Chevy or GMC shortbed, 1936-1942 coupes w/ running boards, 1955-1956 Pontiac Catalina, 1953-1957 V8 Studebaker. I may consider some off-topic trades. PM me for details.

Not interested in projects unless it is a nearly done 30's roadster (preferred trade).

I may consider other trades+cash to me, but I will not add cash to this car. I would be willing to add a Harley big twin project with a $2500-$3k value for the right deal.

I don't have to sell it and I'm certainly happy to keep it long enough to change my mind and make you regret not buying it when you had the chance. ;)

Car is in DeKalb, IL. No international sales.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

Carb is back together. If the weather holds out today I will try to get it out in the sun for some more pics.

If you prefer wide whitewall tires on chrome smoothie rims, I have a set that fit this car. Will leave wheel and tire option up to buyer, or buy the extra set for a little more and have both options.

I have a 348 Chevy W engine that could be a cool mill for it that we could try to work into the deal if buyer was interested.

DeuceCoupe32Ford likes this.
  3. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

Have talked to a few nice folks, but it's still in my garage. Haven't seen much in the way of trades.....interesting.

4. oldsrocket

oldsrocket