Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical McGaugyhys 2" drop spindle and Chinese A-arms?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trent_A, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Trent_A

Trent_A

Anyone have any experience with Chinese tubular A-arms and drop spindles? I just got this back together with and now has crazy neg-camber. I even tried switching top arms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    stock springs

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd have thought that replacing any non stock part would inevitably require some fine tuning. It's not clear whether you've maybe done this and possibly run out of adjustment or this is the as fitted position.

Chris

3. Trent_A

Trent_A

There is no adjustment left for the camber.. Im going to rebuild my original parts but keep the drop spindles.

4. Nothing a lot of cutting, welding, machining, beer drinking and cursing can't fix.

5. I have had good luck with Mcgaugyhys stuff on an off topic truck but I can honestly say that I could never trust suspension or steering components that were made in China. There is too much at stake , why take the chance. Just reuse the stock arms and be able to sleep at nite. Mitch.

Gman0046 and Nailhead Jason like this.
  6. Look at stock car arms. They come in a variety of lengths, hole spacing, etc.

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I agree. The gumball welds on those upper A arms scare the shit out of me! I would never roll down the highway on those!

8. Trent_A

Trent_A

I think i found my problem. I put back in Passenger side stock uper and it looks better.. 20171010_101908.jpg 20171010_101917.jpg

9. Trent_A

Trent_A

20171010_094614.jpg now the fun begins