Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need some info about Pines grille

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by elroots33, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Hello,

Could anyone of you who own a Ford 32 Pines winterfront grille give me some close-up pics of the profile of the mobile trims ?
    With this precise profile, I could see if it's possible to remake something similar !

Thanks for your help !
    Thierry (France)

2. i think someone is reproducing them now....???

if you do a search you will find several threads on them with pictures

3. Thanks, Detonator, for these pics, but not enough close up to see the form of the profile of the central trims (those which move with temperature variations) !

4. Fordors

Fordors

It has been a long time but IIRC the individual bars looked like this. A friend located my 5 window body and frame and there was a Pines cable operated Winter Front (the manual version) in the trunk. Wisely ( ! ???, yes, I know) I traded it off for a stock grille insert to a local biker that was also into '32's. Who knew, it was 1970! I cannot recall how they were connected so they would operate together. Scan_0013.jpg

5. That's great, Fordors, it's exactly what I was looking for ! Your drawings, and, by the fact, your memorie, are excellent !
    If you are sure about this shape, I'm satisfied of that ! Many thanks !
    For sure, you are excused to have proceed to this folish exchange in these times, but nobody didn't yet know the actual keen interest at that moment !

6. redo32

redo32