Register now to get rid of these ads!

History law infractions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ceege, Oct 1, 2017.

1. els likes this.
  2. Gman0046

Gman0046

I had a 56 Chevy 2 door post car and got pulled over by a local yokel. He said he pulled me over for an inoperative license plate light. When we went back to look at the light, it was on. He accused me of having a separate switch to turn the light on and off to break cops balls. He spent all kinds of time looking around and under the dash for this switch. He never found one because there was none. He had to have been mistaken that the light was inoperative. Then he wanted to look inside the trunk and asked if my tools were burglar tools. Told him they were just every day automotive tools. Next he asked me where I got a carburetor he found in my trunk. I told him it was not a carburetor but a fuel pump that I had previously removed from the engine. He was a dick head that was pissed off he made a mistake about the license plate light he pulled me over for. Surprised he didn't go over all the other required items like lights , wipers, etc.

Jet96, els and Bruce Fischer like this.
  3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^!!!! And that's WHY I have such a bad opinion of the police. They ALWAYS have to be right, have the upper hand, and put you down any way they can, but in the end, it just makes them look foolish. I was a X-Ray/CAT Scan Tech for 32 years. I spent a LOT of time on-call. I'd get called out several times a night, and had been stopped several times just for driving back and forth to the hospital; then they would't believe I was what I told them, and doing what I told them. Course they would also never call anyone at the hospital when I challenged them to. Got stopped one time in the middle of the night by a cop who came flying up on my rear end, turned his headlights off, then on, then off, then on again before he lit me up. I had a license plate out, and it was more important for him to drive with his lights out TWICE just to get a reason to pull me over. I was p*ssed, and let him know it; he even called his patrol Sgt. I fixed the light on-the-spot, and he still gave me a fix-it ticket. I signed the ticket, "It's already fixed you moron", and he did't notice it. I wonder if he ever did? Now you've got me started. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

alanp561, Jet96, els and 1 other person like this.
  4. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I did have a switch for my license plate light and tail lights. Great fun.

els likes this.
  5. AHHH the good old days Thanks Blow by!!!!!Bruce.

els likes this.
  6. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

16 in 1986, drag racing from stop light to stop light, across the town square on Main St. I follow the cruise route, down a few blocks, then drive up the next street (that passes by the court house and jail, along with police car parking spots). The parking spots at the curb are within view of Main St. across the town square. As I pass by, I see what looks like a glowing flashlight, floating in mid air, and waving towards the curb. As my headlights hit him, I see it is actually a police officer in his black uniform, standing in the street, and telling me to pull over. After I do, he leans into my window, points across the square, and says he saw my '74 Cutlass (with a 455 Big Block) racing on Main St.. He angrily tells me he had better never see my car again doing "ANYTHING ILLEGAL", and that I am lucky he is getting of shift, or he would write me the biggest ticket I had ever seen. I ended up losing my license for 6 months when I was 20 for loss of points due to speeding and racing. I guess I didn't learn.....sigh.

Jet96 and els like this.
  7. els

els

1978, High school days. Weekend cruising Main street Mesa AZ. Speeding and was dumb enough to get caught. My father knew the cop. He called my father, The cop said it was a criminal ticket. He told my father that he was going to give me a warning. My father had better thoughts. The cop got me out of my car and handcuffed me and put me in the patrol car. I had been in this predicament before on a few occasions. So I was hauled to mesa holding jail. I had to sped the night at the poky for the night. It wasn't the cop, It was my father that was judge and jury that night. The cop was cool and was going to send me home, BUT NOOO.

Jet96 and Truck64 like this.
  8. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

One afternoon many years ago I was showing a friend how good my car ran. I blasted it down a residential side street. Sitting in the alley near the end of the block sat a cop who had witnessed my run. He hit his red lights and flagged me into the gas station on the corner. When he started writing me the ticket, he told me it was going to cost me 6 points against my license. I asked why 6 points? He said 3 points for speeding and 3 points for squealing tires because I got rubber when I hit 2nd gear. I told him okay on the speeding but the squealing tires did not happen. I said the car had an automatic transmission and what he heard was the power steering belt squealing. In reality the trans had a shift kit and did squeal tires when it shifted but the cop bought the story about the power steering belt and only wrote me a ticket for speeding.

els likes this.
  9. Budget36

Budget36

I've never done anything illegal in a vehicle.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

alanp561, els, Jet96 and 2 others like this.
  10. 6inarow

6inarow

Didnt happen to me but too good not to share. Back in the day a really cool Uncle was tossing a cold one or 2 back at a local establishment when the fisticuffs just started. Sheriff deputy comes and decides to take some of the participants home. So they deliver him home, put the 55 hardtop in the garage for him and explain to my grandparents they were helping with the situation. Well, my Uncle passed the cop on the way back to the watering hole. He shouldnt have oughta done that.

alanp561, els, Jet96 and 1 other person like this.
  11. VTjunk

VTjunk

This happened in the early 90s at a cruise night in Fulton NY.

I had put a couple spark plugs in the exhaust on my 63 Fairlane Squire wagon, and got pretty good with the hand choke making flames. Another guy from out of the area showed up with a 64 Galaxie one night with actual injectors in his exhaust, and we decide to go to another spot in Syracuse, but not before making a drive by with the flames on.

We pull down the street and turn around, me staying behind him to keep traffic off his bumper. The crowd knew what was up and we went by with flames rolling, nothing crazy, just a few feet rolling out the pipes. Cool, we thought. Head to the next cruise and get met down the road by a few local police. They turn us around and tell us to pull over in front of the place we just left, where they arrest us in full view of a couple hundred people. The tried to tow my car but couldn't figure out how to get in, I had shaved the handles. I tossed the keys to a friend right before getting cuffed who moved it after we were gone.

Went for a ride downtown, booked, finger prints, mug shots, the whole deal. Reckless endangerment, inadequate exhaust, littering on a highway, etc. I'm 22 years old, looking at a 8 month stay in jail thanks to New York's mandatory minimum law and up to $5k in fines if convicted. I needed a lawyer. Sold a recently acquired 65 Falcon 2 door wagon 289 4 speed to pay for the upcoming festivities and my lawyer got me out of the whole mess for the $500 retainer I gave him. Didn't have to sell the car, kick myself to this day for that part. Still have my Squire wagon, and my friends, a bunch of who were witness to this, still laugh about me getting arrested.

Never got in any serious trouble, plenty of speeding tickets, never got caught plenty of times, it evens out I guess.

els and ceege like this.
  12. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DUHHHHHHH.I think the word that you are looking for is unlawful.Ileagle is a sick bird:rolleyes::p..
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    els, ceege and Torana68 like this.
  13. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Spring Break 1960. Livermore California. After an all night drive from Utah to the coast in my new 60 Ventura I stopped in front of a fat crossing guard with a pushed up nose that made her look like Petunia Pig. Even though I had been driving slow she shook her sign at me and I wondered what her problem was. Unfortunately, my roommate felt he needed to respond. So, he rolled down the window and made an oinking sound as she walked back to the curb. We made it about a block before the red lights came on. The cop then called another cop and they went over the car with a fine tooth comb. They commented on the tach and the one cop wanted to write a ticket for it as he couldn't find anything else wrong on the car. After a while and questioning me about street racing and that I must be a street racer because of the tach, they decided that wouldn't fly. Then they discovered a violation. I had failed to sign my registration. So, I got a ticket for registration card not signed. On the remarks he wrote, "oinked at crossing guard". After almost laughing ourselves to death we continued on with the trip. Since our family was members of AAA my mother went to them to take care of the minor ticket. That was when she was told I would have to appear in Livermore or the ticket would cost 299.00. The family attorney persuaded the judge to waive the appearance as I was in college and reduced the fine to something I could afford but it was still a lot for a young lad in school. I have always remembered the lesson and never again oinked at a crossing guard in California.

alanp561, els, ceege and 2 others like this.
  14. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Before there was an interstate between Santa Fe and Albuquerque, NM so it had to be late '60's, it was divided 4 lane though. I was driving back from Santa Fe, south bound, with my younger brothers in the car. It started to snow pretty hard and I just kept on keeping on at the posted, fair weather speed limit. There was a north bound black and white about the time we were getting ready to hit the town of Bernalillo. He lit up as soon as he passed us and turned in the median to do a U-turn back south bound, falling in quite away behind us. My brothers in the back seat kept asking why I wasn't pulling over. I said I didn't know if he was after me and I would if he caught us, that, and I didn't want to get stuck in the snow. The road curved pretty good going by Bernalillo. I made it thru the curve and kept an eye in the rear view mirror at Barney gaining on us. He hit the curve and all I saw was headlights, tail lights, headlights, tail lights, headlights, tail lights of his cruiser as he spun out behind us in the snow. Still not absolutely sure if he was after us. A car full of boys under the circumstances, your guess is as good as mine.....

alanp561, els, Jet96 and 1 other person like this.
  15. k9racer

k9racer

I had a 750 Honda powered chopper in 1970. Cops did not like the stainless steel dental mirrors. Got a ticket for no rear view mirror and went to court and the judge said I was within the law. This pissed the cop off.

6inarow and Jet96 like this.