Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I-Beam supplier

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cammer8, Oct 5, 2017.

1. cammer8

cammer8

Anyone dealt with SupremeHotRods.com.? Seems they offer a Forged 46 in. I-Beam. Any good???

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Don't know anything about them, but I'll bump you back up to top, and maybe someone will see this that has experience with them.

3. Fordors

Fordors

FWIW the front axle set up shown on their website has spring shackles with the Lucky 7 dice logo on them. Was L 7 stuff any good?
    They sure didn't last too long, is this some of the left over stock being marketed by someone else?

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I get all of mine from The Ford Motor Company.

Just Gary, oj, DeadFast 33 and 2 others like this.

5. Fordors

Fordors

6. Toner283

Toner283

Having used Lucky 7 stuff quite a few times on various customer vehicles (NOT by choice), I would warn anyone thinking of buying lucky 7 parts to stay away from them. Garbage quality and crap fit. Junk. Had one L7 dropped axle fail with less than 50 miles on it. Thankfully snapped at very low speed in a parking lot not on the highway. Could have been a lot worse. There is a reason that he is out of business.

Tim likes this.
  7. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I'll take a Ford axle over anything aftermarket...

[​IMG]

8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd set the caster and camber on that, and run it!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Hombre

Hombre

I also am a Ford axle guy, now with that said I had a Lucky 7 "tube" axle setup on my Model A. I had this axle setup in the shop and used it because it was there and I wanted to drive the car that summer. I had no problems at all with Lucky7 and thought they were pretty good parts. That is in my actual experience and not what I have heard or someone else told me. I kept that axle and will have no problem using it again if the needs arises.

10. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

memory says it's the vanadium...

11. 3blapcam

3blapcam

12. Hombre

Hombre

While I can't add anything about the vendor you asked about, you would be very much better served by going with an original Ford Dropped axle, BY FAR.

To have this done to your axle, and if you don't have one of those he will furnish you the core as well. That would be Okie Joe in Oklahoma. His prices are very good as well with a 4" dropped axle going for $200 exchange and if you don't have the core axle he charges another $50.00. What you end up with is real Henry Ford forged steel axle. It is going to be damned hard to beat that. I have purchased axles from him for every project I have done and have always been happy.
    here's a link to his site: http://www.joesspeedshop.com/joesproducts.htm

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Oh, was that when CE were selling the SoCal axles, just saying.

14. 3blapcam

3blapcam

No clue, but that's currently up on their website.

FWIW, I think my shopmate bought a CE for his '36 and it looked nice... but he hasn't driven with it yet.

15. Super bell for me.

16. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

Chassis Engineering doesn't make their axles anymore. They sell SoCal axles.

17. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sid's www.droppedaxles.com/ He likes to sell 32 axles. Joe's speed shop which is just up the road from Sid's, specializes in Model A axles and his prices are dirt cheap. Give him a call and talk to him or the wife. www.joesspeedshop.com

Warren

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Joe did the axle on my personal ride. It is flawless.

19. metalman

metalman

Other them maybe a 32 Heavy original Ford axles are easy to come by and really affordable, I got a stack of cores and have never paid more then $50 for one. Having Joe or Sid drop it for you is very affordable as well. Even with shipping cost it's cheaper to get an dropped original Henry then an unknown quality aftermarket so I haven't built anything with anything else in years. Some guys around here just like the convenience of the 1-800 credit card I guess.

20. rhtfo

rhtfo

I bought a Lucky 7 dropped axle off evil bay (don't remember seller's name, would have to dig up paper work) and when it arrived, it was packaged in a So Cal Speed Shop box (WTF ?) as I did NOT buy it from So Cal. The axle has forged ends and is welded to a tube. The welds look like dimes stacked together in a row, nice IMO. It's still in the box setting on a shelf as I got the opportunity to buy a "real" Henry axle. Several months (maybe years) ago, there was a post here about forged axles, cast axles, even Aluminum axles. That OP was most entertaining to say the least. Anyway, the Lucky 7 axle looks good on the wall

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app