Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Brookville vs United Pacific

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seabeecmc, Oct 7, 2017.

1. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Believing it would expedite the change from a rumble seat to trunk on my '32 5-window I purchased a new deck lid. I have used Brookville parts in the past and found them to be acceptable. I decided to purchase this deck lid from United Pacific. Judging by my past experiences with Brookville parts, I made a huge mistake. The quality of UP falls quite short of Brookville. The UP lid is very wavy with considerable grinder swirls and gouges and not at all smooth in any respect.
    So, this is my product evaluation, take it any way you wish. If I had it to do over I'd use the Brookville item. Regards, Ron

ZBoyz3 likes this.
  2. Pete

Pete

I did notice excessive grinding swirls on my UPAC parts as well.

3. thequietwon

thequietwon

I have sold 6 or 7 of the United deck lids and everyone has been top notch. I am using one myself on my roadster.
    Sam

Roadster pu 1929 likes this.
  4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

When I got my 5 window body (it was an early one) it was so rough it was easier to sell it , buy an original and fix it. I fixed the original using UP sub rails and floor and they worked fine. I have since used quite a few UP 32 small parts and they have been fine.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

Make sure you let UPAC know this.

6. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm back to set the record straight. I sent pictures of the deck lid I received to United Pacific and they agreed that the deck lid I received was not up to their normal quality standards. The replacement deck lid they sent is completely satisfactory. Regards. Ron

7. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Glad they took care of the issue for you, that's what good companies do! Good of you to set the record straight and let everyone know they handled it well. :)

upspirate likes this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That may be a case of not inspecting it close enough when they received it and or before they shipped it. I picked up a Brookville Deuce grill shell for my Model A a few weeks ago that was a Blem on Ebay and saved 70 bucks for 15 minutes of sanding the scratches from something in the die or on the metal when it was stamped.

9. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I believe all brookville sheetmetal products are USA made..... Just sayin

grantrobert and spurgeonforge like this.
  10. A Boner

A Boner

American managers have to bird dog American workers.....American managers REALLY have to bird dog Far East Workers! Just saying.

11. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Just received my Brookville shell and insert. Very impressed.
    SPark

Grilleshell1.jpg Grilleshell2.jpg Grilleshell3.jpg