Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1929 Ford Roadster

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Leeroy, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Leeroy

Leeroy
    from Boerne, TX

City: Boerne

State: TEXAS!
    Price: 23,500
    I think it was Norm Grabowski who referred to his Model T roadster as "The car that ate my brain;" what you see below has been gnawing away at mine for the last dozen or so years. While I never thought I would sell it, I'd like to move on to a car the whole family can enjoy. Its dependable and fast with a souped up 283 Chevy under the hood. Clean 1929 Ford roadster Texas title. Cash is king, but will consider trades or partial trades for a Ford sedan, Riviera, or 53-55 Studebaker.

upload_2017-2-22_16-21-38.png

upload_2017-2-22_16-23-55.png

upload_2017-2-22_16-20-59.png

upload_2017-2-22_16-23-33.png

upload_2017-2-22_16-24-58.png

Drivetrain
    • 1967 Chevrolet 283 engine - completely rebuilt (have all receipts). Block decked and squared, factory forged steel crank, Eagle rods, TRW forged flat top pistons .030 over. Power Pack heads opened up with 305 Z28 size (1.78") seats and stainless intake valves. Lunati "Duntov 097"reproduction solid lift cam. Kevco "claimer" oil pan with trap doors. Offenhauser 360 intake topped with Holley 650 Double Pumper. Mallory distributor and Ignition box. Comp Cams Magnum roller rockers. Engine has been balanced. Machine work and bottom end by Austin Performance Plus.
    • Muncie M20 transmission - completely rebuilt by Kajun John in Lake Whitney, TX.
    • Centerforce clutch.
    • Rodsville Quick Change Rear - 1936 Ford Axle tubes, Ford "stab-in" axle conversion, 3.62 ratio, assembled by Hot Rod Works in Nampa, Idaho.
    • Exhaust (and a lot of tig welding) by Matt Quinn at Pipeworx in Austin, TX

Frame
    • 1932 Reproduction Ford frame by Squeak Bell in Bakersfield, CA. Pinched for Model A, bobbed, and kicked up 2" in the rear to lower the car. Model A front and rear cross members.
    • 1940 Henry Ford front spindles
    • F100 Steering - completely rebuilt including new steering worm and sector worm. Schroeder Bell Style steering wheel, removable with racing pin and spline style coupler
    • 4" dropped CE front axle located by 1940 Ford wishbones
    • Rear axle uses split '36 Ford wishbones that have been "fish plated" for strength
    • Fully boxed front to rear.

Body
    • Brookville Roadster 1928 - 1929 body (Titled as a 1929 Ford Roadster)
    • Cowl section is original Henry steel
    • Aluminum Hood and side panels - louvers by Kenneth Reirson in Cranfills Gap, TX.
    • Trunk Floor by Ric Campbell at Big Wig Race Cars

Brakes
    • 1956 Ford truck front backing plates, hubs and drums - modified to fit 40 spindles
    • 1939 Lincoln reproduction rears
    • Wilwood master cylinder

Wheels and Tires
    • Henry Ford 16x4.5 wheels front and rear (three of which are the prettiest original wheels I've ever seen before they were powder coated.
    • Firestone bias ply tires 7.00 rears, and 5.50 dirt tracker fronts.

The Negatives - I want to be totally upfront with everything:
    • The car and frame is bare metal - We live in Texas, so keeping the car clean and shiny is fairly easy with a little Gibbs Oil. I've always intended to paint the car after it is all sorted.
    • The body needs a fire wall between the seats and trunk .
    • The front section of floor to the firewall needs to be completed as well as a trans tunnel, the original style plywood sufficed to get it on the road, but it gets hot inside.
    • Needs a fan shroud for summer time driving in traffic.
    • Needs upholstery.
    • Some welding needs to be completed on underside of body and frame brackets for roll bar.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. Leeroy

Leeroy
    from Boerne, TX

All offers considered!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Leeroy

Leeroy
    from Boerne, TX

Looking to purchase another car, price reduced, all reasonable offers considered.