Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I.D. These wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alaska Jim, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

anyone know whose car this is, and more important, I would like to know what make those wheels are. they do not look like the 36 wide 5 artillery wheels I have . the ones I have , have 14 "spokes" where these have only 8. they have a completely different look to them. hairpin picture.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kelsey Hayes 18 inch high clearance wheel . Jacked this off Pinterest KH 18 inch high clearance wheel.jpg

biggeorge and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

What years were these available, I assume that they are Ford. Are they rare? , and do they show up for sale very often? Thanks for any information. Oh , I forgot to mention , what type of tires are those? they look real close to the tires on my 1948 8N tractor. I do not think they would be safe for highway use. Again, Thanks for any information you guy can offer. ------Jim

4. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

5. redo32

redo32

Those tires are Coker dirt track tires. I just looked them up, I didn't know they were available in 18". Also 17" & 19".

6. Squablow

Squablow

They're nicknamed "divco" wheels but they're not actually from Divco trucks, they were accessory clearance wheels for Ford products. They're insane expensive, I don't know if they're as pricey as they used to be but there was a time a few years ago where they'd bring over a grand PER WHEEL.

There's also a 6 lug Chevy version which go way cheaper but they have a widowmaker style rim on them so all you can really use is the center, welded into new hoops.

bigheadbaxter likes this.