Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Speedway Motors "Cars and Coffee" hotrod deal today.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Sep 30, 2017.

1. I met up with Ron [known as "dirt car" here] at 7:30 this morning at the local mega-mall in Omaha. He was driving his deuce sport coupe and I was cruising my O/T G-body wagon. I followed him the 45-50 miles to Lincoln in the Speedway Motors parking lot where we joined up with a crowd of hotrods, customs, street rods and street machines...even one R*t rod. Access to the museum was free. Ron and I hung around the cars and ran around in the museum for awhile.... Speedwayday1.jpg speedwayday2.jpg speedwayday3.jpg
    The event had a great turnout. I overheard several people remarking it was the best attended cars & coffee yet. We were then invited to a secret location that shall remain un named with the condition if I EVER reveal it I will have all my fingernails yanked out...slowly. I was even asked to not show any photos of the place online which I will honor. This place had a collection of wonderful V/8 fords...I saw 3 deuce 3 windows sitting side by side and I can't even count the 5 windows! There were 33, 3 window coupes...34 five windows, multiple 39 and 40 fords ...both deluxe and standards...several examples of 37-38s in coupe and sedan body styles and even a cherry pie 55 chevy belair hardtop with a factory V/8 and 3 speed....
    Then it was time to head home, stopping by an old time diner in Lincoln to grab a bite to eat. We took advantage of the parking spot in front of the windows so we could watch our cars while dining. A leisurely ride home past golden corn fields and bean fields was made a little more interesting by watching all the combines harvesting the fields...it's fall you know.
    Forgive my shitty photos and lack of images. I never was much good at this stuff.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. Then it was time to head home after a hard day of having fun! Oh, and the cool Speedway stickers were handed out to all entrants. It was so laid back...no entry fee. no forms to fill out, just show up! speedwayday6.JPG speedwaydaysticker.JPG

3. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

WOW ! Didn't realize Rocky was quite so active with that cell phone camera thing, and such a modest guy not even a good shot of his own ride..... lets see it Rocky, after all it is for-sale.

lothiandon1940, rod1 and AHotRod like this.

4. No-can-do, Ron...it's too off topic for the HAMB. Sorry I wasn't able to follow you to your place....got a cell phone call to come home and take care of something. And thanks for lunch!
    OK, ok...one more photo of Speedy Bill's stuff in the museum...a Stroker Mcgurk-style 27 T. Man, there's just too much stuff in there to digest. And I've been in there probably 6 or 7 times. speedwayday7.jpg
    The old Extremeliner in the background.

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

You ROCK .... :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Roadsir

Roadsir

Thanks for sharing the pics Rocky looks like it was a great day.

7. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

wow, what a day.... would love to see that extreme liner some day..... remember the build up in street rodder back in the day... never saw it done

8. Well Jeff...come on down some Saturday A.M.....drive your coupe.

9. Great stuff, Rocky. Thanks for taking us a long.:)

Hnstray likes this.
  10. Thanks for the pictures Rocky. The museum rocks big time.

I was on my way to Bonneville a few years ago with a pal of mine. We stopped at Speedway on a weekday not knowing that the museum was closed that particular day. We went to the Speedway Motors sales area and the counter guy called down there and talked to the curator who agreed to give us a short guided tour. They couldn't have been more accommodating. Certainly made our day!

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

12. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the pics.

13. 2935ford

2935ford

Cool
    Said it before and say it again.....bucket list....... Speedway museum! :)

14. 2935..if you happen to get to Lincoln, Ne....reserve a few hours to go through the museum two or maybe 3 tours. You'll never see all the details and engines in one tour. It's nothing short of amazing!

15. mlewis114

mlewis114
    from Omaha, Ne

I was there too in a 49 ford convertible right behind you folks! Here is some of my pics. It was a good time and fantastic weather. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. mlewis114

mlewis114
    from Omaha, Ne

lothiandon1940 and Hnstray like this.
  17. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

It`s every Saturday? What Time.

18. mlewis114

mlewis114
    from Omaha, Ne

Once a month I believe and this was the last one for the year :(

19. Thanks for the pics, Rocky!
    It's mind boggling to see what Speedy Bill acquired for the museum!
    I went once, years ago, and it looks like the content has doubled.
    WOW!