Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD 1949 Mercury Coupe, 2 door for sale

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by username, Sep 22, 2017.

1. username

username

City: San Diego

State: California
    Price: $6000
    *Sold*

1949 MERCURY TWO DOOR COUPE FOR SALE. Current California registration, registered as a non operational vehicle & comes with its old original license plates.
    Please look closely at the pics. Fatman dropped spindles and de-arched rear leafs with 2" inch blocks. New brake lines have been run. New fuel line has been run. Mustang gas tank installed. Not pictured is a basic Chevy V8, I believe 305 engine and 700R overdrive auto transmission. Original + overdrive tranny's drive shafts. Also not pictured is all of the exterior stainless trim with extra pieces. Complete original grille (the pic shows the back of the grille, sorry it is still mounted on the wall). All panels were sandblasted and sprayed with a marine primer, you can see what is needed. This Merc needs new rocker panels, very typical for this model. Patch panels needed for spots in the trunk, spare tire compartment was removed, comes with a large passenger side floor section (may or may not need the entire piece). Back glass looks good, all other original glass is delamimating. I have a number of small items that are not pictured. The tires were brand new a few years ago, but since the car has sat, I do see the wide whites have some cracks in them. I have never put any tire treatment in them, they may be completely fine. Asking $7000, again this '49 Merc is in San Diego. Private message me for more info.

* I just remembered I have portions of extra door window frames & B pillar post, I was gathering these items in preparation to chopping the top. Portions of these items may or may not be needed if you are planning on a chop top.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. username

username

3. username

username

Sold
    Please delete post.