Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs deal or no deal on 63.5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ahshoe, Oct 3, 2017.

1. ahshoe

ahshoe

I have a chance to pick up another project( like I need one).I believe it is a great deal but not sure about pulling the plug. It is a 63.5 Galaxie. No motor,trans.,interior except the dash and front seat frame. It will need both lower quarters,lower fender patches,all glass but 1 quarter window ,all trim,wiring, hood,grill taillights,etc. Has excellent trunk floor,floor boards,and roof. I think the frame is wlso good. Was a 4 speed car ,but no pedals...no title. Was a Z code. Now here is the, I think ,good news....$500. Should I get it? Talk me out of it will you lol.

2. flatford39

flatford39

Any paperwork with it???

3. ahshoe

ahshoe

No paperwork but I can get a title with the receipt in my State.

4. No question, without a doubt get it. Without projects we wither and die.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. Sounds like a maybe decent re-body donor.... but as a project would be a steep hill.

Hnstray likes this.
  6. BJR

BJR

Pass it up and finish the projects you already have. Sounds like a money pit.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like 63-1/2 Galaxies but unless you are going to build it as a drag car it is going to get real spendy real quick finding the right pieces to put the interior and other trim back together. I'd first figure what that 500 bucks would do on one of the projects I have now.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. .............................Emphasis here on the word was.:D:rolleyes:

9. belair

belair

Save your money.

10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

It is a cadaver donor, not a project. Ask yourself, "how will my life be better if I buy this hulk?".

Ray

metlmunchr and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

scrapiron and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

upspirate and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

14. My '59 Ford was missing a lot of interior pieces and all the trim. Which I tracked down, to the tune of $2200 or more over the cost of the car.

15. If you are contemplating building a vintage NASCAR clone, that may be a viable choice.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

send me the $500 and I will keep it for you until the fever passes

17. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Last time I checked into a car without a title it was a hassle. IDOT inspection, bonded title 3 years, pay for title history search.....have things changed?
    SPark

18. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

Sounds like it belongs to a demo derby guy. There still hoarding them early 60"s fords.

19. southcross2631

southcross2631

Sounds like a good start to a nostalgic super stock. the good news is you don't need a clutch pedal,just run an automatic.
    Don't need a title either. Just a bill of sale.
    Go for it ! Loved my 63 1/2 406 tri power super stock car.
    The best way to make a small fortune racing is to start with a large one.

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I'd pass on it. Part of the reason it's cheap is that you'll spend $500 many times over trying to make it a somewhat complete, running/driving car.

21. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Sounds like it was someones parts car, and they already unbolted 90% of the good parts. I have a '64 XL 4speed car here in the same shape. No title, but the roof is still there. If you really want it, be prepared to spend a lot of dollars to get it back together.

22. sunbeam

sunbeam

Cheap cars are usally not that when finished. Look at it this way someone pulled the stuff out of the car because it was the cheapest way for him to go.

23. I love 63-64 Galaxies but I would pass on that. Its just a parts car and other than a trunk floor which rusts out on most of them, it sounds like it doesn't have many parts, in fact, has already been a parts car, not a project. Z code is desirable, but isn't all that rare enough to sink bundles of money into it. My 2¢

Hnstray likes this.
  24. rjones35

rjones35

I think keep shopping.

25. The good floors and trunk are a plus. Most of there are Flintstone cars by now. If you have the patience to track down what's not there it may be a good deal. A complete car with the rust you describe might go for $2500 to $3000.

My '59 Ford was part of a divorce settlement... sold by the wife to me through a 3rd party. Somewhere these is a pile of parts that she/I didn't get.

26. alchemy

alchemy

No, things haven't changed here in Iowa. All you are going to get with a bill of sale is a bunch of blank forms from the clerk, and instructions on how to start the bonding process (if you are lucky to find a clerk who knows what they are doing).

27. southcross2631

southcross2631

You could always get one of your friends register that live in a non title state to register it there and then sell it to you. Have done that before.
    I went through that with a Morris Minor. Sold it to my buddy in Ga. He got a tag and then turned around and sold it back to me with the registration and a bill of sale . Went to the DMV in Tn and they issued me a new Tn. title. The car had been off the road for 20 years and they had dropped the car from the system and would not recognize my old Tn. title that I showed them so I had to do something.
    Just had to get a cop in Ga. to run the numbers to see it wasn't stolen.
    I grew up in northern Michigan where rust never sleeps and saving rare old cars was harder to do.
    I think people are getting spoiled. My shop survives on repairing rusty iron. Even down here in Florida you would think they would be rust free ,but not so. Many snow birds came down and brought cars and the salt air in the dew settles on these cars and gives them a salt bath.
    If you feel it is worth fixing, then fix it.

28. Could be a good parts car for some one.

29. chargin03

chargin03

30. pit-hole.jpg there you are..........