Register now to get rid of these ads!

History We all have a rear license plate but -

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Arkansas issues rear only...
    88.JPG

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

In Texas, they offer antique plates. You get one plate for the rear. But even if they gave two and required one in front, you'd have to be acting like a real asshole to get stopped and sited for it driving a Hot Rod. In my experience, Hot Rods or specialty cars seem to get a pass.

I got pulled over once for speeding, in my old T Bucket. Wasn't my fault.:rolleyes: The officer asked about my front plate and I explained the deal to him. He called in and all was good. Still got the damn speeding ticket. Costs money to drive like an asshole.:)

chevy57dude likes this.
  3. AlaskanMatt

AlaskanMatt

Alaska requires a front plate but there is rare enforcement.

play hard, drive fast

4. uncle buck

uncle buck

I don't think we are getting the right picture for a visual understanding?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Yes.. we "Require" it...but sometimes I don't use it...Oooo such a rebel....... lol

IMG_3190.JPG

Stogy likes this.
  6. Great statement! Lots of drivers on the Baltimore beltway seem to ooze that attitude from the luxo cars flying around.

[QUOTE="tfeverfred, post: 12244783, member: 22396" Costs money to drive like an asshole.:)[/QUOTE]

7. 61TBird

61TBird

Both Front and Rear plates are required in California.
    only Trailers,Motorcycles and Commercial Truck(Semis) are issued 1 Plate.

8. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Missouri requires front and back for most automobiles. The exception is YOM when only one is required for the rear. Trucks up to 18,000 pounds require front and back with the YOM the exception. Bigger trucks have their own set of rules.

There is no requirement to carry the "real" license plates as the YOM is the real plate. No more pre-license issuance motor vehicle inspections and no more yearly registration fees.

Not a bad system and, I suspect, there is someone in Missouri government that is a hot rodder!

I've always carried a copy of the revised Missouri statute pertaining to YOM just in case.

9. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

Alaska requires both plates. rarely enforced on hot rods, enforced more on every day modern drivers. I don't display one on my '30 coupe, have it in the trunk, but doubt that will help much if I ever get pulled over.

10. old man hal

old man hal

I live in So. Cal and have never used a front plate on any of my cars. I've never been hassled. Knock on wood!!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.