Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Gary Essman

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Michelle Essman Carls, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Thank you . I hope we find his helmet someday you are right I would be great to have it back in the family

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. blownhemi48

blownhemi48
    from Bergen NY

Appears to be a '32 Ford roadster with a Duvall windshield and a blown dual plug/magneto 426 Chrysler Hemi with three Carter AFB carburetors.

3. Thank you for all the info on the car my Dad was true to his brand of engine Chrysler or Olds . Most of his trucks were Dodge Ram with a hemi

4. Here is a picture of my Dad working on the purple Magic Muffler one of the cars he raced . 27729393-7399-4fcf-a304-da2df9ac1248.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  5. Here is my Dad in the blue t-shirt with the black Magic car . He only drove this car for a short time after driving the purple Magic Muffler car . I'm going to the Texas LONESTAR ROUNDUP today . I look forward in showing you guys pictures in the upcoming days of some of the old cars ! unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  6. Have a great time at the roundup Michelle. I am sure lots of people will enjoy the photos, and history.

Michelle Essman Carls likes this.
  7. Fighting Irish today at the Lonestar Roundup unnamed (9).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (7).jpg

8. Here is a girl car for you ! I love the color and want it. I think I would look good behind the wheel unnamed (10).jpg

chryslerfan55 and saltracer219 like this.
  9. More dragsters and cars from the Lonestar Roundup today ! unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (11).jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed (13).jpg unnamed (12).jpg

10. Thanks for posting roundup pictures

11. I have a new pictu received_10210002645967977.jpeg re I found of my Dad in the Magic Muffler car

12. received_1560226537339291.jpeg Here is another picture of my Dad driving a different alter Hartwell car

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  13. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I just found this thread, and thank you very much for posting it, Michelle. Really great stuff :)

14. The altered above, with the unusual Austin body, is the former Ed Taylor blown Olds fuel altered. This car dates back to the mid 50's. I did not know Gary drove it for the new owners. That's a great photo of the old war horse!

15. A great photo indeed, Michelle! Slicks at full growth, Straight pipes blasting and that and your dad gettin' it up on it's haunches! Super action shot. Diggin' on the serious 'axle caster. Thanks for posting.

16. Dean there is a picture of it in our driveway on my thread .

17. Great stuff Michelle , thanks for sharing.:)

18. Our family is so excited we found out my Dad is in the NHRA Motor Sports museum in Pamona Calif for driving this Bantam . The fun 20180217_082410.png ny thing is he use to drive this bantam at Pamona raceway sometimes and other dragsters including his own and he spent time there watching the races later in life . I can't wait to visit and see what else I may find. It mad my Mom cry when she saw this !

19. That is great Michelle, and your dad deserves to be there. You must be very proud. When you go to check it out, please post some pics for all of us here on the HAMB. :)

20. Good stuff, thanks for posting it up.

21. corbettclassics

corbettclassics

I've got actual film footage of this car in color. About a minute and a half running and misc stuff. Gary might be in the video. Has video of the first dark purple Magic Muffler Fiat and a bunch of guys all sitting around talking etc. Just can't seem to upload anything for some reason.

22. You should upload it to YouTube (they are designed to host videos) and then once it has been "processed" and is available, then you just post the YouTube URL link here. YouTube will handle the streaming and you'll see a nice link describing the video on the HAMB. Make sense?

chryslerfan55 and Chucky like this.
  23. corbettclassics

corbettclassics

I can try it and see what happens. I'm just not sure how to load it here.
    Let me try to YouTube anyway first.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. corbettclassics

corbettclassics

25. corbettclassics

corbettclassics

At about 1:08 the guy with the light brown straw hat is Jim Miles owner of the dark colored Magic Muffler Fiat.