Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fenton headers on 235 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daddy-O, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Daddy-O

Daddy-O

Attempting to get ready for installation of Fenton headers on a 235. The stock exhaust manifold bolts to the intake manifold at the heater box. If I elimate the stock manifold for the Fenton headers I have a fitting in each header for a tube that should go to the intake manifold for heat. Anyone know how and where they hook into the intake manifold heater box. Does the heater box need a bottom w/ fittings in it? Anyone have experience w/ this one?? Thanks in advance!!

2. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

From memory 45 years ago, yes there should be a plate with fittings that bolts under the intake manifold where the stock exhaust manifold bolted to it. Not unusual that you don't have it as most people never bothered with it and plugged the headers. Great headers however. Someone on the board probably has a more recent experience.

3. Crestliner

Crestliner

Just make a plate with fittings for the bottom. Make sure its heavy guage steel so not to warp.

4. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

I used the gasket that fits between the stock intake and exhaust manny folds as a template for the needed plate when I built short headers for my 235

5. i did the same on mine, but never hooked it up, just a flat piece of steel, it runs good w/o the heat.

6. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

They heater plate was a feature for cars that had to get started on frosty north eastern mornings. But if PBRasap can do it in Milwaukee, you should be fine in Cleveland...

7. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster

I believe Offenhauser offers the whole plate setup if you don't feel like fabbing one up. Also, one of those holes is for the tube that goes to the automatic choke on your carb. If you have a mechanical choke, no worries, but if it's an automatic choke, make sure that tube is hooked up or the choke will never pull off.

8. does anyone know how much the Fenton headers weigh for a 235 chevy? trying to figure out shipping cost from a friend to me. thanks!