Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Which camp do you fall in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RacingRoger, Sep 18, 2017.

1. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

I've been a 1 then a 2 then a 3. At my age I think I should start back the other way. It's just me but I won't sell one to a flipper. More likely to give it to a youngster.
    Pete

triman62 likes this.
  2. 5 1/2 around that I"m gonna restore.

Nope - none of them are for sale.

NOW - GET OFF MY LAWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oldmics

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Archaeologists are gonna find that and be very confused.
    My wife once called me, "Auto erectus".

clunker likes this.
  4. leave your sex life out of this.:eek::D

5. Well, got my roadster on the road and I have a build thread on a 32 5-window here, also a 40 pickup in progress for the wife, and a 28 pickup I just about have all the parts for ...

6. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Actually, the name is a play on "The Jolly Roger" (see my avatar). I designed the pirate logo with checkered flags hanging off the crossbones so hopefully the name makes more sense. And everything you said makes alot of sense, and I appreciate your take on life. Gives me hope! I think it's time I start my next topic, and in a way it's tied to this one. Not sure if there's a way to tie multiple discussions together on the HAMB, so I'll put it up and mention it in this thread.

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

wicarnut likes this.
  7. rascal55

rascal55

number 2 so far

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a 4. everything I own is classic, runs drives and carries my golf clubs on Fridays. Some are OT but nothing newer than 69. Tomorrow is the Camaro's turn at the links. Drive em like you own em, and that goes for the cars too. :cool:

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Right now every vehicle I own is a project in some way shape or form. 1 daily that I don't really want to put the time in on but I have to pay off the loan that was borrowed against it to buy a truck a couple of years ago before sending it down the road. Great driving car but too damned difficult to work on. The other daily was bought wrecked last year and runs and drives great but is and ongoing project. It is a keeper as parts are readily available from a big support system. The 48 = ground up build again for the third time. The 31 Vic, total frame up build that may never get finished due to it being a big project. The boat tail roadster, another ground up build but rather simple in it's self and it is all time and little cash. Finishing the 71 GMC with the 500 Cad that somehow got shoved on the back burner. Outside of the 48 they are all subject to going by by with someone waving more cash than I think they are worth. I don't really want to get rid of anything but the Cad but more interesting stuff might come down the road and I live 3/4 mile from Vintage Tin national park.
    I'm 70 and need good health till I reach 100 just to have time to finish the projects I have.

wicarnut likes this.
  10. Ford

11. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

I'm strongly in the Ford camp as well!

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

2, but one day I want a be a 3..

As far a lot filled with Ford's. Well round hear we call that a "whole LOT of nothing"

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  13. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Always working NEVER DONE
    I down sized sold 3 projects last year (34 5 w /35 5 w /27 5 w) all have been replaced and back at 7 ( 54 Pontiac/53 Chevy/ 51 Chevy). I will never finish.

14. martz5038

martz5038

15. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

usually been a 1 but I just recently p/u a car for the wife so now im a 2 .

16. Currently a 2- but have been a 1- never a 3-

17. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I'm about a 7 unless you count my motorcycles----then I am Hopeless!

triman62 likes this.
  18. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Camp #2.

Almost always 1 driver and another I am building.

'64 Dodge Dart GT Convertible, '27 Ford T Roadster, and 75% of a '32 Ford at the moment.

19. TWKundrat

TWKundrat

3 for sure. I had to move out to the sticks so I could have more room for my junk yard. I've been better lately at not bringing home more cars but I still find myself dragging home other bits and pieces of rusty old iron all the time.

I've been accused of being a hoarder, but I don't think I'm that bad. At least the inside of my house isn't full of piles of fast food wrappers and half eaten cheeseburgers with dead cat skeletons at the bottom.

20. 1) I have more than one car
    2) I usually finish them
    3) I rarely sell one but when I do it's after at least 5-15 years if having it
    4) I usually buy either to build or, as it was in years past, flip it for a profit for a particular reason, rarely for another car
    5) I have 4 cars right not but I did sell my 40 coupe to finance another build, one done, two about 60% done (but I now work on only one at a time until done) and one not yet started. All pretty much ground up builds as I now am retired and supposedly have more time (?) for my projects
    6) I am not adverse to "upgrading" parts or an entire body to enhance a build, as in my present build chronicled here

So, Danny, I guess I'm an anomaly, an oddball, as I fall into bits and pieces of all your categories! Lol!

21. 2.5.....selling one now because I'm out of room here and at my remote storage yard (moms house) :).

22. Two and three quarters. Reluctantly sell when I get broke

23. southcross2631

southcross2631

I sold a car in the 60's and have regretted it ever since. So can not get attached to a car ,so they get built and get used and get sold. They are all just hunks of iron at the end of the day.

24. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I have my daily work truck, my 50 chevy pu, my 1939 buick, the better half has her truck, her miata, and is already getting ready to inherit the 60 Lincoln from her parents. We have a 1/4 acre lot, the buick is stored on my rental house 25 miles away, the 50 is being moved from there to here very soon as I am
    just about finished building the garage. She is a keeper- the garage is less than 60 square feet smaller than the house, and she has already reserved one bay for the Lincoln, and I left enough space to turn the Miata across the back to store it for the winter. Not sure were that leaves me in your poll, but none of them are for sale, and her family has had the Lincoln since 1963.

25. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. I rarely sell anything and usually regret it later.

26. raymay

raymay

27. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

My brother and my best friend are most definitely 3s. I'd bet they both have well over 100 cars apiece.

I fall somewhere between 2 and 3. At one time I had well over 150 cars but I've gotten rid of several over the years. At one point I was buying so many cars that I finally told myself I could buy no more until I got one done, it gets to be kind of an addiction and it was easy to find all kinds of vehicles that I liked when the money was coming in and the vehicles were always "bargains". I always hate to see one go down the road and I always seem to miss my old ____ but one gets to the point that you realize that you'll never get them all done unless you live to 150 so sometimes it's good to let go.

28. Nezzy51

Nezzy51

6 cars and trucks1969 and older I usually go years in between selling anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app