Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fall Carlisle next week-who's going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Sep 22, 2017.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Fall Carlisle is next week....I will be going out to set up on Tuesday...spaces N3 & 4 by gate #1....selling clean used stainless for cars from late 30's to early 60's, some mic. hot rod parts, grilles, T-bird back seat with trim panels....stop by and say Hi......my pic is from January Ag Hall 2017

Attached Files:

2. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

See you on Thursday,Listen for the Cowbell

3. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

I'm planning to wander around the swap areas on Wednesday awhile, and again Friday morning possibly....

4. 5window

5window

Well, it sure as hell isn't what it was, and I don't "need" anything, but I'll probably go Saturday just to be with friends and warm up for the 12 -13 miles I plan to do at Hershey the following week.

lowroller1, Flop and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. IronTrap

IronTrap

I'll be there Wednesday scouring for some deals!

6. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

There's got to be more!!!...come on guys and gals.....

7. 5window

5window

Yeah, that's what Carlisle management said after they raised parking and entrance fees and the fees they charge the vendors! :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Damn right I'll be there!
    Beats working any day. Look for the middle aged guy on a black Stingray bike. I really don't need anything so only gonna spend $4-500 ish.

9. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

I'll be there looking for fulton visor for 49 dodge pick up and side view mirrors..plus anything else that catches my eye..

10. 5window

5window

I'm sure you'll be fine, but some years I spend more time watching out for inattentive folks on wheeled contrivances who aren't watching there they are going than I spend looking at stuff.There are some pretty rude scooter drivers out there thinking everyone should yield to them-and that's if they're even looking at where they are going. Have fun.

lothiandon1940 and chevy57dude like this.
  11. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

YES 5window....prices did go up....but remember there are thousands and thousands of buyers there....where else do you get that many buyers in one place....I am not a big fan of ebay.....I like talking to people and Carlisle provides a place for that.....I did Hershey one year....4 days and barely covered my expenses....I don't have much under 1940......but have you looked at the price of a soda lately???

12. This is a great point. Each one of us is responsible for what we do.Wednesday is setup day, that's when I go through. Far fewer people. Believe me, I watch out. It's the best way to cover the whole thing, I mean every stinkin' row. The hill is tough, I won't lie.

13. Gabby

Gabby

IA-29 bringing 6 2's sbc intake and 6 2's olds intake both with carbs, 2 J2 intakes, one with carbs and a 2 fours olds intake

14. 5window

5window

I can't really comment from a vendor standpoint, although I have friends who are vendors and complain how prices have risen and how management wants their payments for the year up front. From a visitor standpoint, it costs me about twice as much to attend Carlisle paying for parking and entrance as it does to attend Hershey (pay to park and free to enter) or th.e York NSRA meet (pay to enter/free to park). Then to find the back lot-over the hill vendors are missing and the car corral is 80% new stuff and all the food sellers are the same -well, I just miss how it was. I fully realize the expense of putting on a show like this , but I think they're getting a bit greedy. Still going.

I gave up soda two years ago-don't need the fake sugar or real calories, don't need the carbonation or the acid level of soda in my gut. I still have plenty of vices, that's just not one of them. See you there.

15. TDCENG

TDCENG

Will be there with a 32 steel 3 piece ford hood and sides Space O41 (will be with friends in P41)

16. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

My camper is all loaded and will be loading up the pickup today....tomorrow mow the yard, pack the suitcase and get my food and goodies together....take off time 0830 on tuesday

chevy57dude likes this.
  17. WTF really

WTF really

That's almost a yen hour drive for me a see so guess I'll be missing it.

chevy57dude likes this.
  18. Stan - Thanks for the heads up re: Tuesday is vendor only setup. I'll stop in on you Wed. Hope you do well and stay dry! Forecast is favorable, too.

19. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I usually park in someone's back yard for cheap, couple blocks from the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. I am next to Gabby - IA30. Got some 364 Buick engine internals stuff, 401 Buck 4-bbl I take, a set of car dollies, nostalgia 2-deuce flattie intake, should have a complete 8ba that I would let go for the right price, some 32 frame end pieces front and rear, and whatever else I throw in the back of the truck today. Be there late Wed through Friday .... stop by and say hey ....

chevy57dude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. Chrome Moly Steel

Chrome Moly Steel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, fl

Left Miami yesterday afternoon,doing some sightseeing,will be in Carlisle Wed. ,this is our first time there. Any ideas about what time to arrive at the fairgrounds and where to park?

22. There are lots right outside of Gates 1,2, and 3 - Gate 3 is the only one open 24/7. Bring a cart or something to carry your treasures!

23. 5window

5window

It's uphill both ways!

24. Chrome Moly Steel

Chrome Moly Steel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, fl

TomT, thanks for the info. As of now we may be able to go by the fairgrounds on Wed. afternoon to check things out. I did bring my wagon.

25. I'll be there like always, since the late '70s

26. Headed up Friday morning , planned on taking my 61 Impala Bubbletop for sale but fell short on time to prepare. Ill stop by to see your stainless collection.