Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fall Wildwood Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Koz, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Koz

Koz

I know this isn't the most HAMB friendly event around but I thought I throw just a few pics up from the weekend. Unfortunately, like most years, the coolest stuff was under the motels and not on the 'boards. The real fun of this one is night running in the streets around the island. Was good to see the old Moonkist out on the street again. The black and white Olds was supposed to be real Von Dutch striping. May well have been 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG 017.JPG 018.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG 024.JPG 025.JPG 026.JPG 027.JPG 028.JPG 029.JPG 030.JPG Looked pretty cool however did it.

Until next year.......

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG

2. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Wait - judging from the pics, I don't understand why this isn't a HAMB friendly event...what am I missing?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. That 57' tail end was unique.

THE KUSTOMIZER likes this.
  4. Koz

Koz

Still haven't sorted out posting pics! Just one more that I really liked......

032.JPG

5. chris' 38

chris' 38

It's a build on here

6. earlymopar

earlymopar

That 49' Cataract is sure nice!

- EM

7. Koz

Koz

Wildwood is a pretty mixed car event. In addition to a lot of HAMB type cars there are a lot of muscle cars. I love anything with wheels and a ton of HP so it's cool for me. Fall Wildwood is always fun because in addition to the boardwalk show the streets are home to a lot of evening cruising around the island. I didn't get a lot of pics around town this year but most of the motels have some kind of party happening in the evenings going well into the night. We were at the Gondolier bash this year which featured the "Soul Survivors" for a return visit. You might remember them from their record "Expressway to your Heart" among other things back in the sixties. The entire island is a 1950,s retro flashback with a lot of the original motels restored and operating. I love it there. To make a long answer short some guys don't like to share the show with the muscle cars. There are no late models or imports and there is a cutoff year but it's all what your into. It oes draw a lot of customs and '55-57 Chevs.

Here's a pic of where we stay, actually from the side as the Carribean is next door to the Safari but it gives you an idea.

mark_havens_out_of_season_hi_res_10_0.jpg

This is also home to the TROG which is super HAMB friendly.....

19113956_1612662905424362_3626496897000669280_n.jpg

In front of the Wildwood Diner uptown with Homemadehardtop57's roadster. I think the other car is HemiDaves '32.

The car with the reworked 57 body is Kustomizer on here's roadster and it was incredibly cool up close. He has a build thread on the HAMB as well. He might be one of the Philadelphia Modifiers members. Chuck Harting was there with some of the other Philadelphia Modifier guys. He would know. I saw his '55 Nomad but couldn't find him as it was packed.

Love to get a bunch of us to meet up down there next year. Much like the TROG weekend, you need to book rooms well in advance as almost all the motels sell out during the show. Room prices are real reasonable but they do bang you about $50 to get the preferred boardwalk parking along with the parties etc. open to tag holders. A lot of guys just do the downtown thing for free.

Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Thanks for sharing - and clarifying. I'm still trying to figure out the "rules" (had a post removed from this site, and I still can't figure out what rules I broke). But this is great since I'll be retiring soon and I'll be looking for car shows to go to since I'll have more time. This one sounds like a great show!

9. Koz

Koz

Only one I don't miss all year. I just love the atmosphere there.

10. THE KUSTOMIZER

THE KUSTOMIZER
    from south nj
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thanks that is mine

11. THE KUSTOMIZER

THE KUSTOMIZER
    from south nj
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hey Koz it was cool to get to meet you and put a face to the name, it would be cool to get some other Hamb members to show up there too..

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

13. Koz

Koz

Great meeting you as well KUSTOMISER! A few years ago we had a meet up down by Convention Hall. There were a few other HAMB members I know were there but I couldn't find too many as it was pretty crowded. Loved seeing your roadster up close. It's even cooler up close than in the pictures I've seen.

I'll have my roadster on the boards next year for sure. (I know I've been beating that horse for a while now). Maybe we can get some like minds together for the weekend next year. A lot of our old crew goes to the TROG only since it was moved to Wildwood. Love to have more of the HAMB guys representing at the Fall run. It would give me some inspiration for getting mine on the road as well.

THE KUSTOMIZER likes this.
  14. THE KUSTOMIZER

THE KUSTOMIZER
    from south nj
    1. 60s Show Rods

See you in the fall show Koz get that car done!