Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1964 Fairlane 2 Door Post

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by bolthead, Mar 12, 2017.

1. bolthead

bolthead

City: Harmony

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: 14,000
    My 64 Fairlane post project that I've had many years. Wimbleton White with red interior. Original paint, leather interior with Bostrum front buckets. B300 trim now but includes 500 trim that goes with the car. 9" rear end. Setup for 5.0L and T-5 transmission. Includes 8 Foresight Ventures drag master aluminum wheels. Lots of other parts also. Price is firm. Will show by appointment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    dragracer 703 likes this.
  2. bolthead

bolthead

I'm at least two weeks away to gather all the parts and take more pictures.

3. bolthead

bolthead

Still working on gathering parts and getting newer rubber on it so the car rolls.

4. bolthead

bolthead

OK, so with the better weather finally making some progress. Pictures posted.

Georgia car. I'm the second owner, bought it around 1992. Was a six cylinder manual trans on the tree. Top speed was 57 mph downhill with a tailwind. Only two options, seat belts and backup lights. So there are no holes for a radio antenna or outside rearview mirrors.

Was liberally coated underneath with Georgia "undercoating" aka red mud. There is some surface rust starting underneath.

No accidents other than small dents next to the taillight buckets installed by the previous owner.

Before I got it the battery must have leaked so there is some rust in this area, the apron bottom has been cut out and there is an original piece to weld back in.

Sorting out parts now, should be just about every part needed to complete the car.

One disclaimer, this is an instance where the pictures make the paint look better than in person.

Attached Files:

5. bolthead

bolthead

Almost done sorting parts. A truckload of parts included, many NOS.

6. bolthead

bolthead

Have a parts list available, though there are items missing. Some parts were stolen last summer. Still looking for some parts.

There is all of the exterior trim to convert the car over to 500 trim level, including the window stainless. Extra spare for every part of the side, rear and front trim.

The exterior of the Fairlane has been completely hand rubbed and waxed.

Some have asked about more pictures of the floorboards, there is no rust through, not even close. When I bought the car in 1991 the heater had leaked and there were a few very small pinholes on the passenger front floor and some pitting behind the kickpanel where water accumulated in the fiberglass insulation. This was all wire brushed and painted in 1991 and the car has not had carpet or a rubber mat on the floor since. The underside of the truck floor has some surface rust now where the factory paint was thin and the bottom of the fuel tank is rusty now.

There is extra wiring to convert to an alternator and a bunch of steering column parts to convert to a floor shift.

7. bolthead

bolthead

Couple of days ago found the correct 8,000 rpm Rotunda tach, it will need to be serviced and is missing the rear cup. Also found the steering box to convert the solid shaft box over to a rag joint.

The rear end is a Ford 9" that Moser narrowed and added Ford large bearing ends. 31 spline trac loc 3.50 gears. Screw in wheel studs. Axle flanges drilled for 4 1/2" Ford and 4 3/4" Chevy.

8. bolthead

bolthead

Finally found all the parts and have a ten page list available.

PAT454SS likes this.
  9. bolthead

bolthead

flstorg.JPG flstorg-001.JPG flstorg-002.JPG flstorg-003.JPG

Pictures of parts that go with car.

10. bolthead

bolthead

Some tire kickers but apparently the car is too expensive so I will be selling the extra parts separately. Starting a new thread in the parts section. Hamb must have had a reset because the last posting disappeared.