Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Austin Somerset Gasser Build (DragNasty)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Jan 22, 2014.

1. That is beyond sickening..........

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

3. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Ohh man! I've planned for a year to take off this Sat, , worked hard to get my OT car cleaned up & ready to go, only to make it 2/3 way there & my just car died. It shut off & I coasted into the "memory lane" highland dairy plant at Fordland. I'd planned ahead & hooked up a spare fuel pump but it was to no avail. Spark related failure. My 13 year old son set up the lawn chairs & we awaited my dad to haul us home. Watching a lot cool cars & later gassers & the like go by to the track & show. All the while I'm telling my boy how it could always be worse & man o man I am soooo sorry to hear this. Sadly, I'm not comfortable to leave any of our cars outside any of the local motels nowadays up there & I choose to stay at one day only shows anymore. More & more of this lowlife stuff has crept into the Ozark community & my condolences, Hoping for the best , whatever that may entail. Hang in there. Flux

4. hoop

hoop

This is so sad to hear.

GlassThamesDoug likes this.
  5. Im so pissed to hear about this i cant find the right words. All i can say is i hope it was insured. When my car broke outside st.louis mark stayed behind while i went for my trailer. Three times a truck pulled up with a empty trailer. They all looked over the car until mark appeared. Then they took off. Thieves are the lowest pieces of crap out there. Post a car stolen thread. Not everyone looks at this site. The more eyes out there the better. I know i will be on the look out.

loudbang, gonmad and enloe like this.
  6. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

So Sorry to hear of your loss. I love this car and thoroughly enjoyed seeing it at The Meltdown Drags.
    Hamb Brethren keep your eyes peeled, be vigilant and lets see if the power of the Hamb can right this wrong.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Saxxon

Saxxon

Horrible !! Can't imagine the feeling.

loudbang likes this.
  8. jimdillon

jimdillon

Bad deal Randall-hope they find it quick. Seems to be more common which does not make your deal any easier to swallow.

loudbang likes this.
  9. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Very, very sorry to hear this - you and your dad had a lot of blood, sweat and tears in that car......No Cameras? How about in the vicinity? Probably looking for an enclosed trailer...Look for the parts - someone wanted (or figured they could sell) the motor/trans/rear.....search Doug Nash Transmissions for sale, etc.....any serial numbers on any of the parts (blower, ignition, trans, Hilborn etc?) if yes, call the manufacturer and give them a heads up, a subsequent swap meet buyer (most likely place to unload as its anonymous) may call for info.....

loudbang and blowby like this.
  10. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Randall we discussed how I feel about these lowlife pieces of crap I hope they get caught and the car found in good shape the more I think about this the more pissed I get probly cause it hits real close to home for me

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

benchseat4speed and loudbang like this.
  11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I had a complete 468 solid cam tunnel ram carb to pan running engine stolen....leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

GlassThamesDoug and loudbang like this.
  12. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I just don't know what to say. There is a part of me that keeps thinking it is just a really bad joke that has gone too far. But we are basically day three and I honestly believe she is thousands of miles away either be being disassembled or loaded on a ship or something. It is such a violation I simply can not describe it. I mean I have had the car up for sale since returning from the Meltdowns. I actually thought we were close to making a deal on it. So it is not the fact that I don't have the car, it is not knowing where it is or what happened to it. I mean I can tell you where every car I have ever built is, who has it and what they have done to it etc. I told dad a few weeks ago someone is going snag this car, drop a new pulley on it, really make some boost and put it deep in the 8s. I even imagined seeing it run against cars like the Ohio Gassers etc. I was looking forward to watching it put a gap on those boys and just sitting there smiling knowing I built that thing! We had a lot of pride in that car and the build etc. That is the thing that hurts. I mean the car has some insurance on it, it will not be a total loss but how do you build another complete one off car like that. There ought to be a special insurance rider for pride. Oh sure the car is worth "x" number of dollars but how much do I get to fix my pride? The amazing part is we nearly put Dad's coupe in there as well. Actually that is what we usually do during the Street Machines and NSRA events then pick them up in the a.m. and head to the show. But my knee was hurting so bad Friday that I just couldn't stand it anymore and called it a night early at the cruise in. Dad said he would just follow me over there but I knew he wanted to stay for a while so I said no don't worry about it, we can just drive two cars home etc. It was bad enough having to tell him about the Austin, I can't imagine if it had been both cars.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  13. I just don't know what to say. I've had the shop burgled, so I do know the sick feeling you get. Best of luck.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

That really sucks, post various pics on facebook. Pics of anything on the car. It had to many parts that you and your Dad made that some where somebody might pick up on. Have everybody to share them. It will get around a lot quicker that way and maybe they can catch these bastards.

loudbang likes this.
  15. das858

das858

Man, im sorry to hear about your car, I've been following your build since day one, got to see it run at the Meltdown this year and was blown away with how it ran. Hope you find it soon.

16. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Speechless! I am so sorry. To many folks being hurt by low lifes who steal and con. Chances are they have stripped the car. Do you have serial numbers off the motor and trans?

loudbang likes this.
  17. Can't imagine. Praying you find it soon and intact.

loudbang likes this.
  18. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Unreal..Sorry. Good advice from ididntdoit1960 (ironically) above.

loudbang likes this.
  19. HOLY CRAP! I saw the post on FB and have been sick to my stomach over this all night. So stinkin' sorry for the loss!

loudbang and GlassThamesDoug like this.
  20. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I have watched this complete car go together. All the trials and modification. It is so identifiable it was really stupid to steal it! :eek:Very sad for your loss, hope for the swift recovery, Gary:(

21. gonmad

gonmad

Wow...... speechless man. I can't imagine the feeling.

I saw your dad there in the normal spot Saturday but didn't see you, so I just assumed that you were at the dragstrip with it. I never made it over to talk to him tho.

So, how the heck did they get in the building? Isn't there a locked gate to get into the lot also?

Unbelievable man..... thiefs suck!! Hard to ever reform a thief!

loudbang likes this.
  22. gonmad

gonmad

Any news or any leads man?

23. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eyes open...any key festures...rear end. Big shows coming...CHRR in Cali has buyers from all over we world. Moultrie. Daytona..keep eyes open.

Sent from my SM-J320V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  24. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

NO NO NO NO!!

I had the same reaction when I read the car was gone... like someone was punking me. Man I am sorry... and this hits close to home as this is our event and our streets, and now I just want to go kick the dog or somethin. :mad:

I will keep a watch, but I bet it's far from Springfield by now. At a minimum I'm bumping the thread.

25. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

As much territory as the hamb, and FB covers we need to get various pics out there on the car, parts and anything else we can to catch these bastards. This is just heart breaking and I can't imagine the hurt him and his Dad feels. I hate a thief.

26. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I have no words to express how sick this makes me feel. Last year a guy had a really nice 41 William stolen pretty much out of his drive way in broad daylight in Alabama. Place adds and notices in both gasser magazines. I know Earnest and Phil will be sick to hear this news. A couple of years ago we had a life long stash of hard to come buy parts stolen. We got lucky/ God smiled on us . NO we didnt get the stuff back , but it have could have been much worse . This is the kind of thing that makes me really sad. I am also glad you/ father are ok. I can assure you if they were that brave/stupid- they would not have hesitated to do harm to you and your family.Scum is scum.
    It will be hard to hide your car -these people are stupid. All your build photos/serial/manufacturing #s etc are your life line.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  27. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

28. No words

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  29. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

I hope the thieves burn to death in a fire.

loudbang likes this.
  30. bchctybob

bchctybob

I haven't been on here much lately, I'm so sorry to hear about this!
    I followed your build thread and enjoyed seeing you and your Dad get 'er done and out having fun with it. Like others have said, maybe it will turn up, social media and the HAMB are powerful tools to spread the word. The wife and I will be at the CHRR and we'll watch for anything suspicious.
    On the other hand, congratulations on your making the cover!

loudbang likes this.