Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar Flathead Six color option

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Guapo, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Alrighty then... Been put on the back burner too long, but I need to clean up the engine area in my 54 Plymouth and want to paint the engine. I am in need of any ideas, good paint I can use and color options. I can alway paint it black, but thought that was a bit to boring, but then again maybe not. Anyway, would love to see any pics of fellow HAMB'rs engines custom or not.

2. I chose black because it was the easiest color I could paint while the engine was in the car. Accents always make a difference. When I rebuild it it will definatley have a color.

[​IMG]

BloodyKnuckles

3. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

gold with red accents. just gets dirty kinda quick

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

This picture has been posted before, but I like yellow flathead MoPars. That said, the black motor with the three ones above looks really neat.

Attached Files:

5. Bugman

Bugman

Mine was silver from the factory. When I redid it, I painted it Oliver green. It's a few shades darker than John Deere green. Mopar flatheads powered many an Oliver tractor back in the day, thats why I chose the color.

6. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

7. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

8. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

9. maxspeedracing

maxspeedracing

Cast blast (iron grey) block and head, with silver intake, exhaust, and oil pan.

10. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Resurrecting an old dead thread.

I am looking at a brown block and black head.

11. 64Kaddy

64Kaddy
    from SoCal

My apologies for resurrecting such an old thread. Anyone have a sample of a mopar flathead tan/beige (Cummins biege) colored engine?
    Im looking to do a beige block with black assessories and cast iron intake. It will also include some alluminum/stainless items such as; triple edmunds air filters, stainless head bolts, stainless throttle rod, silver(aluminum) colored SpitFire script on the head, or possible am older Edmunds aluminum head.

12. southerncad

southerncad

The simplest way to paint the engine in the car is with a brush, and use Rustoleum, it lays down great and comes in a ton of colors too....just clean the engine well first...

13. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

I used Valspar applied with a brush it's a shade of gray, don't remember which - and black Rustoleum spray on the head. Intake is brushed-on as well -
    same colo. Exhaust is cast-iron aluminum heat paint, also bushed. A lot of polished metal and chrome allen head head bolts with AN washers (Gardner Westcott). Before and after below. DSC_0025.JPG IMG_4055.JPG