Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Hillclimb... And One Hell Of A Ride...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Surgery with a butcher's knife!:eek:

I just let the video play in the background while I am working. It's quite therapeutic.

2. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

the square bird isn't my favorite classic, but damn... right there I couldn't take my eyes off the large square American car graciously lumbering all over the race track. Amazing to watch! See you on the hill in Colorado next year, Ryan

3. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

I'M FEELING A NEED TO COMMENT BEFORE READING ALL THE RESPONSE....HOWEVER THE ORIGINAL # 73 BIRD WAS A HOLMAN/MOODY SETUP FIELDED BY THE ROY BURDICK GARAGE HERE IN OMAHA & WAS THE UNOFFICIAL WINNER OF THE FIRST DAYTONA 500...& LATER THE WIN WAS GIVEN TO THE PETTY 59 OLDS WHO CLAIMED THE BURDICK CAR WAS A LAP DOWN. A CLONE OF THE DAYTONA CAR IF NOT THE ONE IN THE VIDEO WAS AT ONE TIME IN A MINN. MUSEUM, AN ADDITIONAL # 53 HOLMAN/MOODY CLONE FIELED BY THE KOSISKI GARAGE IN OMAHA IS CURRENTLY ON DISPLAY IN THE SMITH MUSEUM IN LINCOLN NE.

4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

5. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

6. titus

titus

your just deflecting, you missed an amazing event....you better go next year!

the T-bird footage is cool too!

7. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Amazing Video. Did any one else notice he only used 2nd and 3rd gear over the entire lap? Probably no need for any more gear with that big MEL producing locomotive like torque throughout the better half of the RPM band.

Bill Shepard has a history of this sort of thing. Here is a good video of his '63 Lightweight Galaxie beating up on the foreign Group N cars as well.

mrspeedyt and Okie Pete like this.
  8. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, he grabbed 4th a few times, not every lap.

9. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude that is awesome.