Register now to get rid of these ads!

Six Banger Nats, Warwick Queensland 2017.

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Sep 22, 2017.

1. spanners

spanners

After racing at Gunnedah we travelled up to Warwick Dragway, dropped the trailer off and were forced to spend a couple of days at Burleigh Heads where our son lives and works. You know how it goes, beachfront cabin, sun and surf and too much lazing around and relaxing (drinking the occasional alcoholic beverage), sleeping in and wondering what the real people are doing. (My apologies to the anyone from the Florida area that had the surf coming up to their front door and beyond).
    The Six banger weekend has become a bit of a tradition for a lot of racers from other states, due to the laid back atmosphere and camping available on-site. You catch up with people you only see each year, spin some yarns and look forward to catching up with them next year. Enough of that sentimental dribble, let's race.
    Saturday is bracket racing for anyone and everyone. The track officials put the HAMBsters in the Street bracket? but who cares , racing is racing.

The Cortina has a 302 with twin four barrels. He needed more.

2. spanners

spanners

What I haven't shown is the previous qualifying runs. I had a total of 9 runs for the afternoon, no trophy at the end but had a ball. This is Steve giving a Street car a hurry up.

This is Jackson in the other Holden Grey motored HAMBster enjoying himself.

Well that's day one over and out.

Black Knight Racing likes this.
  3. spanners

spanners

Day 2 was the actual Six Banger day. We had a total of 5 HAMBsters turn up which was very good. The Day of the Drags was on in Sydney on the same day and they had 4 down there so the bracket is still hanging in there.
    We were put in the Stick shift bracket as usual but if we can get at least 6 definite entries next year I was going to approach the organizers about a stand alone HAMBster bracket, six cylinder only. No trophy, just bragging rights.
    After 3 qualifying runs it was into the racing.

Usually we try to not race each other when in this bracket but sometimes it's unavoidable.

This me bowing out. I just couldn't reel him in.

Unfortunately none of the HAMBsters got into the finals but everyone had a top weekend of racing and catching up. Next race is Sydney Track Championships. Hooroo.

Crosley likes this.
  4. spanners

spanners

How's this for living it up in luxury?
    DSC01020.JPG

Black Knight Racing likes this.

5. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

6. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

7. BS!

BS!

How were the ticks this year? Spewing I didn't make it out to support you guys but the birth of son number 2 was imminent... hopefully I'll pull my finger out and have that 6th car ready next year. Keep the race reports coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. spanners

spanners

The ticks weren't as bad as last year. I only got 3 and my wife had 4. We used an insect repellent recommended by a bloke at the local camping shop and it seemed to help. Unfortunately one of mine was attached to my testicles which required removal by my highly amused wife. Did it hurt? Yes it did.
    Hopefully you might be able to get it up and running for the Nostalgias at Willowbank which I'm presuming will be in April again.

9. BS!

BS!

Hahahaha bloody hell a tick on the old ball bag is a bit rough.
    I don't have a great deal left to do on mine. Wheels and tyres are the next big expense. I'll just keep chipping away as time and money permits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Win or lose it looks like you had some fun racing.

11. spanners

spanners

Thanks Tom. Yes it's one of nicest tracks to race. The track staff are really friendly and the atmosphere is nicely laid back. It's international standard eighth mile without the egos.
    I'm racing at Gunnedah this weekend so should have some more videos next week.

Crosley likes this.