Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage BEWARE OF SCAMMER

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by homey chromey, Oct 19, 2016.

1. I wonder if anyone Has the winning Number's to
    Powerball Lottery!

Just my 3.5 cents
    or when the Cows
    come Home.!

2. mrossbach

mrossbach

Well, well, well. Guess who replied to my post. Looking for a 37 Olds gas tank..
    Good old Tefrrilynn Wierz.....told me he has one on perfect condition. Wanted $200 for it...but he just had back surgery and his wife would pick it up...oh..he told me his name was Bruce....his wife is terrilynn...I have an account with moneygram...I called to set up the transaction..they denied the transaction due to a scammer alert. They just saved me $200...but why was this guy allowed back on the HAMB??? SOME ONE AT THE HAMB IS NOT DOING THERE JOB....

vtx1800 likes this.
  3. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Glad you got your money back!

4. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

bump to the top to keep this post around , we dont want this one to slikp through the grate s and get some one s money

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

With all the chatter about this guy, and others, you STILL went for it? Sorry, but I just don't get it.:confused:

6. Budget36

Budget36

I think it's more like SOME ONE ON THE HAMB ISN'T READING AND UNDERSTANDING.

Okay, go that off the tip of my fingers....

7. BJR

BJR

Someone needs to nail his balls to a stump and push him over backwards!

8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Gotta be careful. I don't like paypal any longer due to being back doored before. I'll only use it on and off and will tell the seller that my paypal is down and ask for another mode of payment. i.e. postal m.o.

If I am selling something I prefer a postal m.o. and I will turn on my paypal if the buyer insists on using it but only with in a specified time frame.

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Never2low

Never2low

Not to get sidetracked, but to FHDave, I have my PP setup at "my other" credit union.
    I had a car loan thru them some years ago, and was planning on closing out my account when paid off.
    (opened it just for the really good loan rate)
    But instead I left it open (just a savings account) with the minimum amount in it to keep it active.
    I linked my PP to it and anytime I send or receive money I just stop in on my way to work.
    There's never more than the $5 minimum in there, so that's the most a scammer would ever get.
    Even if it's PP trying to take back money to cover an unscrupulous refund. I have to agree with it, and put the money back.
    Maybe more effort than you're willing to put in, just for an occasional sale, but it's a thought.

Ramjetus51 likes this.
  10. Yourself, perhaps... :confused:

5window, bobss396 and Budget36 like this.
  11. mrossbach

mrossbach

Guys I am new on here...I thought you could trust replies on here...
    They should have posted on the main page who the scammers are who visit this site..

12. Rusty Karz

Rusty Karz

Homey, know you caught a lot of grief over this but I give you kudos for having balls enough to post it and warn others who might be the next victim. We all need to be reminded once in a while. Good on you.

13. hotrod428

hotrod428

I have used Paypal for at least 15 years and never had a bad experience. I was a power seller on Ebay for many years and had thousands of transactions. I think the people that are complaining have been scammed by someone pretending to be Paypal. I get those emails all the time. I don't open them, I just forward them to Paypals fraud division.

14. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Asking for a postal money order can be a scam too. I got the call from an unknown number that I had won $3.5 million and a new Mercedes in the lottery that I hadn't picked up. This company searches for winners that weren't notified to get them their prizes and only charge $500. His team was only in my hometown for a day so they would bring the car and checks to my house. I told them I would have the money for him when he got there.

He said the money had to be sent via postal money order to a PO box in Arizona. I played along and told him it would take me an hour to get to the post office and back. I asked for his number so I could call him back when I had the money order. He insisted that it had to be sent to his boss at the Arizona address via priority mail and the receipt for the money order and priority mail would be all he needed. He said he would call me back because he had other calls to make. He didn't want to give me his number.

I called the post office to inform them of what was going on and he didn't seem to care at all. I asked if they could track the PO box and he said they couldn't. He also said that I should never send a postal money order to someone I didn't know.

The scammer called me back and asked for the numbers on the receipts. I told him they slipped between the seats in my car and I would have them for him when they got there with the car and checks. He said he would hold on while I found them so I left him hanging on the phone.

15. I like the: "No Shit, you live THERE!?!?! My sister/ best friend/ second cousin on my wife's side/ gay lover/ lives practically next DOOR!! Let me give them a call, and they can pick it up TODAY!!

Cosmo

BTW, and for real: if there's a thing someone want to check out near(ish) me, I'd be happy to run over and put my eyes on it for you.

wraymen likes this.
  16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I received a call from the IRS telling me to give them a call at a number given to me which I did. I thanked them for the call and told them I had sent all the needed paperwork from their last call and was happy to receive my over payment. I asked them when I could expect the check hopping it would be soon. My wife was listening and cracking up.

rust runner likes this.
  17. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

I got a call and they wanted some money to send me my gift. So I spoke very lightly and he kept saying he couldn't hear me and after while I know he kept turning up his volume on his end I said wait till I get my credit card. Then I got my air horn with compressed gas and blast it into the phone and hang up.

rust runner likes this.