Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A Fresh View of Rømø

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Sep 22, 2017.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

A Fresh View of Rømø

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I know beach racing is all the rage at the moment, but it makes sense. It's just so damned pretty... and they've been doing it a loooong time across the pond.

3. Driving the Traditional scene more and more is the act OF driving your fine steed as hard as it will go and that is a very good thing. Jalopy Showdown, TRoG, Vintage Drags, Dirt Drags, Romo and many other participant driven events (even Millers at Milwaukee) are such a welcome change from the stale, static car shows that dominated the car hobby for decades. I for one, love where we're at right now and hope it keeps on growing, expanding and we never again return to the stale old days.

Gearhead-DK, Dannerr and heavydumper like this.
  4. 42˚18'N 83˚09'W

42˚18'N 83˚09'W

Hotrod Hillclimb 2018 or Bust...

5. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

Hey thanks J. Ukrop for sharing this!
    I was at RØMØ this year on Carstens and the RoadsterClubScandinavia folks encouragement. I will say it was, hands down, one of the BEST car events I've been to! Beautiful spot, REALLY well organized and run, great cars and bikes, and NO attitude or BS!!! My hats off to Carsten, Thomas, and ALL those involved in putting this on and partisapating. I'll try to post some of my pics on here later for you.
    Johnny
    (I'm gonna do my best to go next year and race!)

6. DSC_0173[1].JPG
    Joey, would be nice to meet you over here some day. and not to forget the great party and lots of real good musicians on Friday and Saturday eve, incredible atmosphere.

Gearhead-DK and heavydumper like this.
  7. LBCD

LBCD

Carsten, Thanks again for the poster, it is super cool! It would have been even cooler to hook up with you at TROG West but as you know it was kind of crazy that weekend and we played phone tag for a bit. As I said before you guys are doing a great thing over there and it has been 20 years since I was last there, man the bucket list just keeps getting longer! Keep up the great work!
    Damien

8. Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Stogy, heavydumper and J.Ukrop like this.
  9. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

Joey, Johnny and the rest of you, thank you so much for the fine words on our revival of beach racing in Denmark.
    It was a dream for many years to do this and we finally succeeded in bringing it to life.

Rømø Motor Festival would be nothing without the enthusiasm, effort and time put into it, by all of our racers, guests and volunteers.
    You all rock!

For now, we are already hard at work applying for the 2018 permits.
    Come january, we will reveal more about the race and party as well as open for the race sign ups.

On behalf of the RMF Team,
    Thomas Toft Bredahl

Dannerr likes this.
  10. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

Johnny, so great meeting you! It really means a lot to us having guests from such far away places, as we all know what it takes to bet on an event you know basically nothing about, first hand.
    Going the distance anyway is nothing short of enthusiastic! I take off my hat and bow in respect :)

Hope to see you again on the beach of Rømø

Thomas

11. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wonder if my wife will buy it if I say I want to go to Denmark to explore one side of my family tree.
    That looks like one great event to go to.

Dannerr, Gearhead-DK and LBCD like this.
  13. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

I doubt that she will ;) but if you never try, how will you be certain :D

Thanks, it sure is fun