Register now to get rid of these ads!

BANDS WANTED!!! For hot rod shows across the country!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Apr 19, 2006.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

Shows ya what I know. Thanks for the update.

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Rex Hobart and his misery boys for the KC gig. Appeals to a huge crowd with soul country and a great stage show. He is putting together a spaghetti western group also. Or anyone on the bloodshot record label.

http://www.rexhobart.com/

http://www.bloodshotrecords.com/

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

3. Hey KIRK! I bet you didn't know that Ron the guitar player in the SuperSuckers is my Brother-in-law.:D

4. For Pleasanton, CA Johnny Dilks ***SWOON*** will be awesome... He played Primer Nats...
    And the SJQ VALLEY Queen Cattie Ness and the Revenge...
    Both local area bands and amazin!!!
    xoxox
    PV:p

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

Johnny is a friend of mine and he's high on my list. He is amazing!

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Actually I think I did know that for some reason. How expensive are they? Do you know? I think I'd shit myself if I was able to get them to play Billetproof.

7. Guess I could find out. Acutally they were supposed to be touring with PearJam this summer, could be there big break.

I do remember him telling me about playing some hotrod rock-a-billy show a few years ago, he thought it was way cool.

As far as "Good" bands for the GG's shows that would be great. And tell them I don't want to hear Fucking OLDIES over the PA anymore.:D

See ya in Hearshy man.

8. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

-------- WORD ------

9. What Roger said. Paul Galaxy does a killer show. Would be perfect for Loveland.

But, I think you need to grow some balls and at least try some heavier acts in the Garage Grown ares of a couple shows. The grey hairs that like dowop and 50s shit are fading (no offense to them, several are pals). If the younger crowd has nothing that interests them........well.............Hell, I am 36 and I think I might be closer to the median age for punk fans!

10. Jack Knife and the Sharps are one badass band, upright bass and all!!! I'd love to see them again when I'm at the Iowa Goodguys show this summer.

11. murph

murph

The Straight-8's are based out of Raleigh, NC (not far from Charlotte). They are a 3-piece rockabilly combo with great vocals and musical chops. Very high-energy, but shouldn't piss anyone off. You can get get samples and contact info here: http://straight8s.com/

Goodguys Charlotte was a blast last year... some really good live music would definitely add to the experience. I don't mind the doo-wop and 50's stuff, but I cringe when I hear those songs played on synths and electronic drum kits. Any edge that music originally had has been neutered to the point of "file under car show muzak". But I digress....

-murph

12. TexV2

TexV2
    from Nor-Cal

1/4 Mile Combo is available for the August and November shows in California.
    check out the website at www.quartermilecombo.com and you can hear our music via myspace, there is a link on the music page.

We book up fast, so let me know, I can send you a press kit if you email your addy to the contact email on the website.

Thanks - Tyler (texv2's wife)

13. Johnny Clash

Johnny Clash

How about these guys for the washington shows. Burn Fire Burn, they are from portland but willing to make the drive.

www.myspace.com/burnfireburn

Kinda reminds me of the stuff Johnny Cash did when he got really old.
    sorta mello.:cool:

14. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

Hellbound Glory out of Reno could probably do the Pleasanton shows in August and November. Johnny Dilks has taken us under his wing a little bit and hooked us up with the Rattle Can Roundup in May. We seem to appeal to folks from 16 to 60 and the lead singer has a great energy. www.hellboundglory.com should take you to our myspace site where you can hear some songs. I'm the only car guy in the band, so I'm totally excited to be playing a car show.

15. Jake H.

Jake H.

For the Puyallup and Spokane shows, you should check out The Swains. They have a great, "Bakersfield-shuffle", honky-tonk sound (RIP Buck). Also, West Valley Highway are great, with ex-members of Redneck Girlfriend (RIP also).

Ask Curbspeed for some info. Unless the dates clash with Hotrod-a-rama, I'm sure he could hook you up with even more.

Too bad the recent Mono Men reunion show was a one-time deal! I bet they'd blow some toupees off, though.

16. Phxsinner

Phxsinner

Hey Kirk,

Like Axle i also am in contact with alot of the bigger touring acts both here in the U.S. and also bands from Europe. Send me a PM and i can definitely help with the Scottsdale and probobally the Colorado Shows. Our club (Sinners) has developed a solid base of guys that are throwing the majority of the local car shows and hosting most of the touring bands coming through town, so we can definitely help with whatever you would need and in getting a good feel as what bands will come into Arizona and Colorado for the Shows.

17. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

i'll have to tell them that at the joe buck show tonight

18. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

My friends The Lucky Devils asked me to post a reply.

Their style is foot-stomping rockabilly and psychobilly. They just got a new guitarist who's one of the best blues players I've ever heard and they sound tighter and better than ever. I've asked them to contact you.

Melinda said she might be willing to clean up the lyrics a little for the street-rodders at Puyallup. :D

Check out their sites: www.myspace.com/theluckydevils . They got some songs to download there.

Steve

19. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

Here's someone you might like for the Colorado Show-

soulfeel.com

20. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

Yeah they swing. And I'll be damned if they don't have a hard time getting gigs around here. I met them a few weeks ago, but it was too late to introduce them to Larry for the Showdown, but I figured try Goodguys. THEY NEED EXPOSURE.

Took me back to Man oR Astroman or The Phantom Surfers yore, kind of. Phantom Surfers - best show I ever saw (and I 've seen alot).

21. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

Bastard - they are fun guys.

22. As mentioned above for midwest shows
    "Mezcal Bros"

The "Silvermen"[KC]3 peice- -rockabilly /ventures/ surf

"Gin palace Jesters" [Chicago] -Rockabilly/ Swing/Bob wills- almost rock....

All 3 great choices

G'G's needs to try to "out do" NSRA:D and go ahead and spend a few hundred on some ~current~ musical entertainment........ rather than squeeze all the entertainment from the event just to save a buck.....50's music at a car show is about .....punishment.

23. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

Glad to see this post!!! I'm so sick of the same songs that get played at shows and one hit wonder/ doo wop bands that car show promoters have for entertainment.
    Check the shows across the country like Drive Invasion, Hootenany, Hunnert Car Pileup, Lonestar Roundup and see who's been playing at their shows for the last few years.
    Southern Culture on the Skids, Dale Watson, Junior Brown, The Penetrators, Nashville Pussy, BR549, Deke Dickerson, Social Distortion, Hank III and HONKY. Thanks and Good Luck, Mike

24. KIRK!

KIRK!

I know there's a ton of killer bands out there if the sky was the limit. I was hoping to get some HAMBers or their friends paid. Mostly I don't have the contacts to get the big acts.

Keep 'em comin' fellers!

25. wfopossum

wfopossum

The F'n Aholes would be willing to play nashville or jacksonville.

26. Rader Rods

Rader Rods
    from Texas

27. Josh

Josh
    from So. IL

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

There's some good shit here!

29. Plowboy

Plowboy