Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Which camp do you fall in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RacingRoger, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Five.0Forty

Five.0Forty
    from Oklahoma

Bit a of all of them myself, gotta a couple my kid will be trying to figure out what to do with. But overall I fix'em and drive'em till I'm bored, then I trade for the next one. Can't forget the ones that were to good to pass up though :D.

2. Mo rust

Mo rust

3. We can't part with them once they are finished.

3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am definitely 1. We moved a couple years ago from a 125 year old farm with lots of outbuildings into town where we have a 3 car garage. Boy...do I miss the storage space I used to have.

4. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

2. I usually try to keep at least one that I can drive and enjoy. The rest are in various stages of "finished".

1959Nomad and LOU WELLS like this.
  5. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

3. I'm not saying that I'm not a pathological hoarder, but that isn't the reason. It's because the right convergence of time, money, and energy happens so seldom. But the alternative is giving up.

wraymen and czuch like this.
  6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

2. Drive one and building another. This always seem to work for me.

1959Nomad likes this.
  7. RMONTY

RMONTY

2 cuz I got 5. I would like to have 3 so 1 needs to sell 1and 1 needs to be made into 1 of the 3. That should clear it up!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    steinauge likes this.
  8. jailbar joe

jailbar joe

dunno...i must be a 4 or 5......i have 2 cars i have built from the ground up plus my vicky that i bought as a driver
    plus a couple of projects....not sure what that makes me ???

9. I'm constrained to "1" by garage space & $$.

lothiandon1940 and Thor1 like this.
  10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

More of a 2 , I guess.
    But never kept unfinished cars. Last ones I've sold was over ten years ago.

11. {I don't fit in any of those.) I have five that are part of the family, A Vette I drove to high school, My dads 67 Pontiac conv. that he got new, my 29 coupe, a 56 Nomad, and a 34 Dodge delivery. And their not going anywhere! Then I have a 30 chopped A sedan with a 354 Hemi , that I would sell or trade for something new. And always have a long therm project going on. It's a 27 T coupe with a Caddy. Then there's my ever changing junkyard. It's just the stuff that I drag home. So if you ever need a project, just let me know. Because I try to save them all! And YES, I was born with this old car sickness. And I ain't get'ten any better! Ron...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  12. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I'm a modified 1, only one car and perfectly content at my age that this is my last ride.

13. I am in booty-call camp.

14. I'll say a modified 2. I always liked to have 2 cars to drive around in, depending on how the car fits where I want to go and what I want to do when I get there.

Got a 2nd car in the plans, but don't have the car yet. I will be dusting off my trusty 396 and going through that next, so I know what the engine will be. Gotta start somewhere.

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

2, Never had a finished one, sell them before they get wired.

Bob

ct1932ford likes this.
  16. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I've had 2, now down to 1 but I'm always looking. ;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I hate to admit it but I think I'm a #3.

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I love camping! Last Sat I slept on the ground next to the fire. Got down to about 38*.
    But...2. I have a few cars. Haven't sold one in 6 years.

19. Started off as a 1, progressed to a 2, now I reckon I'm a 3. I am trying to be a 4. That's where you start stashing them at friend's houses, behind your workplace, at your folks place, etc, then you forget about them until someone reminds you .

20. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I was always a 2 but slowly transitioned into a 1 when i moved to town. I finally finished my shop so I may go back to being a 2. I was offered a 63 Buick invicta convertible yesterday, so who knows.

21. Packrat

Packrat

I'd say I'm a 3, a quick count came up with 19 vehicles, although 10 are off topic including 3 daily drivers.

22. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess I am a "2", for a few years I had the car in the Avatar, the 38 Chevy that I've had since the 70's and an OT Vette, as well as two motorcycles and two daily drivers. We still have two daily drivers, the 38 and a 53 Studebaker I am building, I am 73, so I suspect the last two will be on the estate sale.

23. tidwell_blake

tidwell_blake

I'm definitely a 2. Mixed in with a 3 as well. Have good intentions. I constantly have people trying to buy stuff cuz they never see some of it move (yeah I'm that guy). My thinking is they are not eating anything. I peck along on them as I have time and $. Some of them will never go anywhere cuz of sentimental value. I've got a 59 Chevy truck that's way too far gone to restore, rat rod guys drool over it. It was my great grandfathers he bought it new so I'll never sell. 51 ford truck that belonged to my other grandpa. 66 chevelle im slowly buying parts for my grandpa had since 67'. Two 63 Chevy 2's are taking priority cuz we are building southeast gassers. I'm still a young man so I hope to get to all these projects some day. Prices keep goin up and up on car bodies it seems, they ain't eating nothing and most r in the dry so I see no point of selling when I know I'll regret it later when the hull is worth 4 times as much years down the road.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

I AM A 1 WISHING I WAS A 2

2bubbas likes this.
  25. blackanblue

blackanblue

3 with room for 2 plus an ot truck

26. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

SAME HERE! It probably dropped my home appraisal by quite a chunk too ;)

CAMP 2

27. Low-Blow

Low-Blow

Not sure which number is vacant at this time, but put me down there. I have an engine, but no car!! I figure I'll get it built and then find something to put it in!!

28. manyolcars

manyolcars

my screen name tells you I am a 3. I have the 1947 Mercury I bought in 1967 and the 1950 Ford from 1967. I have the 1937 Ford my grandpa gave me before he died in 1965 and his 1940 Tractor. I have his 1909 telephone and Chicago Aermotor

29. I have more than one car sometimes and others I only have one car. I have been known to have that part that someone really needs when they need it but I will probably never use it myself. I don't normally own a late model car but I do sometimes, and I usually build a car and drive it until I am bored with it or I wear the body out then sell off what I don't want and screw another one together. I am in the beaner's camp. LOL

Let me add to all of the above as it came up in conversation today, I am a form flows function type, which means that I will probably never own a "cool" car. I am not so caught up in looks as much as I am in performance, so the exact correct stance, or paint or doodads is not an issue with me.

Hank37, 1959Nomad, triman62 and 3 others like this.