Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HalibrandSteve where are you? I sent you $1065 in Mar 2017 and never got my parts!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33highboy, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The beer is good and people are crazy!!!

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

o_O :confused: :D

Stogy likes this.
  3. uncle buck

uncle buck

As far as the OP goes... He doesn't seem to be too active here

33highboy was last seen:
    Aug 28, 2017

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

He lives in Florida, he was on vacation and then you can probably figure out what happened after that.

Stogy likes this.
  5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I just made one last hail Mary attempt. :D
    I called Steve's number and got the message service like usual.

( I know it's the right number because his voice comes on saying "You've reached Steve Phillips leave a message")

I left a message and reminded him of our face to face visit.

Then I got right to the point.

I reminded him that he had taken $1065 USD for a grille that he never shipped to Florida.

I offered to help him make it right by coming to pick up the grille ( if he still has it ) and ship it out for him.

What are the odds that I will hear from him ? :D
    Not looking good at this point however......

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  6. Blue One, I hope he does the right thing....you are a stand up guy for doing this.

Stogy, Hendee, dirty old man and 2 others like this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Wholeheartedly agree:D:cool:

Stogy likes this.
  8. uncle buck

uncle buck

That makes sense. Hopefully he is safe and your last message to Steve gets results.

Stogy likes this.
  9. 33highboy

33highboy
    from Florida

Thanks for your help Blue One!

Steve.... can you just call Blue One back and he can pick up the grille? Lets get past this. Thank You.

Blue One, Stogy and wraymen like this.
  10. Larry,is a stand up guy and has helped many times with his knowledge and going out of his way to help others. HRP

Stogy, 41FordVert and Blue One like this.
  11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Thanks Danny.
    I'm thinking that at this point it might be over.
    Steve hasn't called me yet but I suppose it still could happen.
    I'm more than willing to get the grille and ship it.

I hate that a guy local to me has done something like this but beyond talking to him about it face to face and then leaving messages with a reasonable offer I'm not sure what else could possibly be done.

Right now I'm thinking that he may not even have the grille anymore :confused: :mad:

Not a good situation.
    Larry

lothiandon1940, Stogy and K13 like this.
  12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I agree Danny, he and I have had a disagreement once or twice, but that's life, plus, it's easy to take something the wrong way when it's in print rather than face to face.
    Like Larry, I think we're farting in a whirlwind now, cause Larry and others have given him all the chances in the world to make this right. Damn shame to leave in disgrace, but right now that seems to be the way it's gone.

13. Time for a Halloween party!!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

If you have been involved in this hobby/business/parts accumulation for a long time, you have surly run into that guy who comes across as Mr. cool and then rips someone off. I saw it in Califorina, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Nevada, and everywhere else I have lived. I have seen shops sell the cars they were working on and cars that were stored there. I have partnered up with guys and lost every thing on my side of the deal. I had a club member rip me off for a good Model A roadster top, and the other members said I must be mistaken,because he would never do that. He later wanted to trade for more parts and got upset when i told him to-----. He really couldn't understand why i was upset over the top and got pissed when i wouldn't deal with him any more. I bought a set of Cadallic leather seats from a local shop and when I showed them to a friend, I learned that they belonged to someone else. i lost out, but seats went back to owner. I could go on and on.
    Now with the Internet, theses guys came find new victims. I don't know what the answer is, but I will try to be honest in my dealings and be aware of what I do when buying. I have been careful and so far I have not been burned dealing on HAMB. I use only postal money orders when I buy and only take postal MOs with one exception. I sold a part to a fellow in OZ. he paid with Western Union. The western union office paid me with cash on the spot and then I shipped the part.
    Any time you are dealing with desireable parts, someone out there is trying to use that desire to get a buck or get them free. Not Everybody is like this, but these slugs are there and You just have to cover all the bases. I will not let it stop me.

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@halibrandsteve you don't know me from Adam but we have had interaction in the past on the Hamb. I identified an Auburn grille you had. Your still a member here so do whats right and PM or call @Blue One to sort this out. Membership here is a privilege that should not be taken lightly.

Make it right...the door is still open.

16. Hendee

Hendee

@halibrandsteve I too like Stogy have had interactions with you, even purchased from you a couple of years back. As all have said, please just get the parts in question to @Blue One so the buyer that paid you fairly gets his parts. Ive benefitted from the trust that has been shown to me in dealing with H.A.M.B. members over the years as I've purchased from them and sold to them, often times trusting both ways that the $ and parts will arrive as advertised despite borders, exchange rates, distance, time zones and all that. I'm sure you have also benefited from that trust we all demonstrate on this site and forum. Man up, get this done and move on.

T

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

TagMan and Stogy like this.
  17. 33highboy

33highboy
    from Florida

Thanks Guys, for the kind words.

Stogy likes this.
  18. I hate to say it but if Steve has stooped to the point of ripping people off to make ends meet I kind of doubt he is checking in here to get encouraged to do the right thing. I left a message with him this weekend as well and heard nothing back. At this point I can't see a way this is going to end well.

lothiandon1940, Blue One and Stogy like this.
  19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You're probably right, I encouraged him to check in here when we talked and to explain himself and try to make it right.
    I had wondered if he was lurking and just blowing it all off, but maybe not.
    He's been given plenty of opportunity to get things straight.
    Right now his reputation is circling the bowl and on it's way down, on second thought it's probably been flushed long ago now :D

20. Maybe Guido needs to pay him a visit! :cool: HRP

raven, Max Gearhead and Blue One like this.
  21. A Boner

A Boner

Anyone have the phone number for Steve "the thief" Phililps?

22. Yep Blue One and I have both left messages with Steve with no return calls and have both PM'ed the OP the number.

23. A Boner

A Boner

I just called and talked to a police officer at the phone number posted at the beginning of this thread (780-423-4567) and he said he couldn't give out any info on Steve Phillips to me, but said that the victim should call the above number with all the info, and they would send an officer out to investigate. He understood the victim was from the U.S.A., and still said he should call. If I was the victim, I would call a bunch of times hoping to get some action, and would only stop calling when told be to back off.

Max Gearhead and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. Phttttt :p I never liked him myself. :rolleyes:

Larry you're putting yourself out there man and that is more than most of us are willing to do. be careful, don't put yourself in a bad situation my friend. ;)

Stogy and 5window like this.
  25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Don't forget that I went to his house and talked to him in person.
    But I'm nothing like a "Guido" type of guy either in appearance or temperament.
    And I'm not a policeman.

So, would the Edmonton police actually devote any man hours to this?
    I really don't think so.

26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:D I don't like you either but does anyone? :D ;)

Don't worry as I said above I'm not about to go all "godfather " or bad cop over something like this.

Just trying to help a guy out.
    Pretty low to take over a thousand dollars and just keep the parts.
    Larry.

Stogy likes this.
  27. They already told the OP they wouldn't do anything and I am pretty sure hassling them is not going to motivate them to do more. Maybe you just need to get someone on the right day of the week.

Jugornot likes this.
  28. john walker

john walker

Addiction sucks. Nothing matters but the drugs.

Jugornot likes this.
  29. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

My condolences to Steve's parents on the miserable job they did raising him.... :mad:

30. A Boner

A Boner

^^^^They can tell you no, many times......you just need to get someone on the right day to tell you yes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.