Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Deuce Hoarders Disease

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Always buying when the price is/was right and reluctantly selling fearing you might need that extra grill shell,hood,firewall body.

Are you hoarding parts wanting to build another car or has it taken on a life of it's own and you can't stop,do you need help? do you need to join Deuces anonymous? :D HRP

els, enloe, Nobey and 4 others like this.
  2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

There is no help, there is no cure!

els, 3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and 2 others like this.
  3. Gathering stuff now.

els, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. uncle buck

uncle buck

I don't have a problem......

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. Last month I hosted the August club meeting and on of our members wanted a original V8 headlight bar he then ask if I had one that I would be willing to sell,I took him over to the old shop and found the last V8 bar I had and we made a deal and he took it home.

I still have a couple of 4 cylinder bars,one original and one dropped. HRP

els and 3W JOHN like this.
  6. Not deuce related ( but could have been) I chose my A sedan for 2 reasons, one because I could get it and the other because it was the proper platform for a 20+ ( some pieces I have had since I was a kid) hoarders collection of hot rod parts.

I am taking the cure baby. :D :D

els, triman62, 3W JOHN and 1 other person like this.
  7. I try to resist hoarding parts of any type, because it takes them out of circulation for someone who may actually NEED it.

nunattax, els, Pinstriper40 and 2 others like this.
  8. Danny,I'm more into hoarding Geo Washingtons now at my age

els, KKrod, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  9. I someone didn't hoard them they would have been crushed years ago. HRP

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    Ric Dean, els, biggeorge and 2 others like this.
  10. I love hoarders. Thats where we find all the stuff..

Ric Dean, els, Pinstriper40 and 4 others like this.
  11. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Well you never know when some numbskull will crash into your car, even when parked, so it's wise to hang on to parts. Especially if you plan to keep the car for decades.

If you have enough space to build a dry shed to store all the junk it is a pretty nice thing.

Ric Dean, els, DamnNearRanier and 2 others like this.
  12. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I've always been unable to buy a Deuce roadster outright but collected affordable parts when I could.

I got lucky March this year and was able to buy a bunch of real roadster body panels I could afford. It was a "pinch me" moment for me!

I'm still collecting parts, on the hunt for quarter panels, subframe, hood and a frame.

I told myself I'd finish my '29 roadster on '32 rails first because it's so close to being a driver but I'm chomping at the bit to get going!

[​IMG]

nochop, els, biggeorge and 7 others like this.
  13. 2935ford

2935ford

I don't hoard and don't accuse me of it....I just hang on to it for a very long time! :)

14. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I have way more 32 firewalls than I could ever afford to build cars to put them into. The collecting wasn't by design, just good timing and I think they are super cool looking. I would be willing to sell a couple to buy other deuce stuff though.

15. I only have one spare 32 Firewall that was originally in my pickup and it was so nice I couldn't convince myself to cut it in any way,I'm saving it for that roadster I've been building in my mind for the last 20 years. :D

If by chance I don't live long enough to build that roadster I'm told the yard sale starts shortly after the funeral! :rolleyes: HRP

els, biggeorge and 3W JOHN like this.
  16. Yeah, uh, maybe. Flathead and banger speed parts. Wish I was a Deuce hoarder, can barely afford my scruffy Tudor sedan.

17. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I bought a Pristine early 32 dash for $20 last month at a swap meet. Now I just need the rest.

Ric Dean, els, 3W JOHN and 1 other person like this.
  18. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ermie Emmerso had 32 '32 Grille shells on the walls of his shop... I never considered him a hoarder, just a collector of parts folks had for sale.

LOU WELLS, els, 3W JOHN and 1 other person like this.
  19. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Not a deuce but it's kind of deuce related.

Back when we raced dirt late models, modifieds and stock cars we never threw out any good parts we "might need later" when we updated. I recently decided we have kept that stuff too long and started selling off what was clogging my shop.

I sold enough to buy a Pete and Jakes rolling chassis built to my specs (meeting with them Monday to finalize that deal) and are meeting with the folks at Russ Nomore on the 25th to order the body (will be built on top of my frame) . That still leaves enough to go with a new Rootlieb 25 louver "Henry" hood, Walker radiator, Brookville shell and insert, Tanks 15 gallon original appearing tank and Vintique 14 series wheels and the tires I want. Hoarding can be good until it's overcome with the proper motivation.

Haters can hate but I will be smiling.
    SPark

Ric Dean, Mtn Goat, els and 3 others like this.
  20. OLDTINPUSHER

OLDTINPUSHER

Occasionally I will sell a small part or two, which I tell my wife makes me a parts dealer. All the stuff in the garage (and basement, sheds, back two acres, etc.) is inventory for possible future sales. I am not a hoarder. I will however attend the Deuce anonymous meetings to see if I can help cure anyone who is willing to let go of their hoard though because that the kind of guy I am. :rolleyes:

Ric Dean, els, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  21. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I got a few windshield frames myself...........

22. The 15 gallon tank looks like a soggy baby diaper. HRP

da34guy, els, Bud Crane and 2 others like this.
  23. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

It definitely takes on a 20170915_171924.png life of its own

24. IMG_0298.JPG I do not have a problem,i do not have a problem.....

els, biggeorge, 3W JOHN and 4 others like this.
  25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

OK, now you guys are reeely pissing me off, it didn't bother me till I saw these.
    Cripes!

els, Runnin shine, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  26. lucky ink

lucky ink

I call it garage art LOL. And I guess my kids will have to find homes for deuce parts.

27. ratrod0

ratrod0

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

I started in the summer of 1961, swapped the months old floor mats out of Mom & Dad's brand new '61 Ford for a '32 grille insert. It has been hanging on the wall for 56 years now, some day I'll finish a car for it. Bob

29. At my age I don't hoard that much stuff anymore. Just some!:rolleyes: I don't even buy green bananas anymore.:eek:

48fordnut, j3harleys, els and 2 others like this.
  30. Hendee

Hendee

Ok Louie....I surrender. Wow.