Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Thundering Turtles Dumont NJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gary Lynch, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Gary Lynch

Gary Lynch

Hello All. I stumbled across this website today and it gave me goose bumps. My father was in a car club called the Thundering Turtles. His name was Jimmy Lynch. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago but I would love to get in touch with anyone who may have pictures of any of his race cars or even "the bus". People who knew him will know what the bus was. lol Anyway, let me know. I'm so glad this is on here.
    Thanks and hope to hear from someone.

Stogy likes this.
  2. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

I remember your dad although I didn't know him personally. He had a white Bantam coupe. Sorry I have no pics.

Stogy likes this.
  3. Gary Lynch

Gary Lynch

Thanks Frank. Nice to know people remember that car. It was one of his favorites.

Stogy likes this.
  4. chopthetop27

chopthetop27

5. chopthetop27

chopthetop27

I met your dad jimmy when I was a kid when he had command performance. He had pictures of the hot rods etc recently as in before he moved from Closter. He was a great guy.

6. LittleSquareCars

LittleSquareCars

Hi, Gary. Actually I knew your father well. He, Jack Russell, Jimmy Parola, Joe Hyde, Billy Von Ragen, Paul Napolitano and Joey Wells were among my closest friends in 1957-1960. We had a reunion about 30 years later. I miss them all. The Thundering Turtles was a great club. I have pics of my car racing at Montgomery Dragway in Orange, NY. Your dad was there, but I don’t think I have any of his car. We all crewed for each other. If you find out any more, please post it or LMK. Not sure if we’re allowed to post numbers here, but I can be reached in NJ at 732-747-1414

7. Justin Hare

Justin Hare

Hello everyone my grandfather ( Joe Hare ) was also a member of the thundering turtles he had a 32 ford named the hasty hare (white with a blue stripe down the center) hoping if anyone would by chance have pictures of him and his car, if not any good stories about him. He passed away three years ago but always talked about his days of being a turtle.

thanks in advance

Stogy likes this.
  8. kevin aitken

kevin aitken

Justin my name is kevin aitken and i just stumbled across this web site. Your grandfather was a good friend of mine and in fact best man at my wedding. if you care to contact me i can tell you many stories We lost touch when he moved to Livingston manor but i also worked for him for years at the CITGO station in Dumont Ask peter what he ever did with his 52/53 mercury wagon that i sold him? regards kevin aitken

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of Our Motto's here is to spread the Gospel of Hotrod/Custom...So I did a search and as there is so much History within All things Hamb there are other links to be shared and Pics of Course...

thundert.jpg

thunder2.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ing-turtles-plaque.186699/page-2#post-5927711

:rolleyes:...Here ya go shared by Hamber @jpm49c, @Gary Lynch...Your Late Dad got ink...how cool is that...I know you haven't been on in ions but perhaps someone here knows you and can share...maybe you have some good ole days pics you found while you've been away...;)

ThunderturtlesPl.jpg

:rolleyes:...and a Club Plaque shared in the Thread by Hamber @GreenMtnBoy...

I see Gary did see the Link above but for any others share away what you've found and hope this helps connect...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any Hotrod pics to share @kevin aitken...Old Hotrodders are part of the Ambience here...A big welcome to the Hamb...we celebrate 1965 and older...Were behind the times that way and proud of it...;)

loudbang likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You fellas might approach friends or relatives of yours or dig into the olds boxes in the storage as those pics are gold...Mountain shared a couple more pics in the link I shared...welcome to the Hamb...;)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    loudbang likes this.