Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Hotrod Guy here!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Bob Byington, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Bob Byington

Bob Byington

Just thought I'd introduce myself since I have been reading posts on this site for awhile now. I'm Bob, I've been building hotrods for 45 years, and my next build will be an "old school" build!
    I own a couple of cars but neither is what I would call traditional. I thought it was time to build what I remember seeing as a young kid before I had any money or knowledge about cars.
    This car will be either a 32 or 30 Model A Coupe.

Thanks

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Welcome Bob.
    Good to hear you've entered the dark side.
    Good luck on your build.
    Please keep us updated on the H.A.M.B. General board.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Bob Byington

Bob Byington

Hi Petejoe,
    Just learning my way around the site.
    My reason for joining is this next "old school" build is going to be quite different than I'm used to so I will probably need some input on different portions of car. I'm sure you guys who hangout here will be able to steer me where I need to go to get this car right. I will be honored to post this build on the H.A.M.B and keep everyone updated as I progress. I'm heavily leaning towards the 30 Model A because I built one back in the 70s and sold it when the kids came along. Now I'm ready to build it again only this time it'll be a far better built car as after 40 odd years of experience will keep me from making the mistakes of the past.

Thanks

Bob Byington

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Venom51, lothiandon1940 and Petejoe like this.
  4. 38 delivery

38 delivery

Welcome from ga!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

5. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Bob! Looking forward to your build!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Bob Byington

Bob Byington

Hello Venom51
    Looking for a project car right now, think I may have found one. Originally was going to build a 30 Model A but that car sold before I had a chance to look at it. I found a 32 3 window that I'm interested in, going to look at it on the 23rd. Wish me luck!!

7. Good luck on the 23rd Bob!