Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fulton Sun Shade

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by KampDavid, Sep 10, 2017.

1. KampDavid

KampDavid

I have most of a Fulton Sunshade/SunVisor (model 800)
    When I put the Front Connecting Yoke (red) and Rear connecting yoke (yellow) then extend to the width I need for my 46 Dodge truck, there is only about 1.5" in the visor portion on each side. Is that enough?
    Does anyone know how long the red and yellow Yokes should be? Mine seem to be exactly the same length.
    Should I obtain some aluminum or rolled steel rod and make my own, but make them so that 3 or 4 inches are inside the visor?
    ideas?
    suggestions?

David

2. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

image.jpeg I have the Fulton on my '53 Dodge and had to make longer rods because the cab is wider than the Fords or Chevys. The stock rods are 10" long and when mounted there was only about 1/2" extra on each side so I made aluminum ones 14" or 15". Not sure of the model number on mine.

3. KampDavid

KampDavid

Oil Soup, I think I will make my own also. Any danger bending the Aluminum? No Splitting, was it a clean bend?
    I have the Dogbone sides but no hardware for them. did you have the original hardware?
    I have gleaned a lot of info from the web and hope I can make it work without all the hardware.
    David

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

those visors are very very wrong for a traditional hotrod forum

13lav, Mr48chev, TagMan and 2 others like this.

5. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

You're not really bending it all that much, it should be fine. I had all the hardware. Do you have the bracket that mounts to the center bar on the windshield? Good luck.

6. Bull shit! A lot of guys in the midwest used them! I know since I was there. At least in my little home town.

Ben

7. Says the guy that features a ride with a sunvisor on his profile picture.[​IMG]

No one is twistin' yer arm to read it....
    Change the channel if the topic bothers you so much.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/repo-fulton-visor-sucks.469470/

fulton 567.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Chuck Lauer, Jugornot, jcmarz and 2 others like this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True there, you won't see one visor in any Little book rod magazine or any other rod magazine. They did not show up at all in any magazine except may one that covered restored antiques only until Lowrider magazine showed them on the bomba rigs.

The only people who had them around here were the guys who showed up from that area to work in the orchards who had them on their cars and a few old guy who were still driving the late 40's car they bought new with one on it. You never saw a local car that was sold new locally with one in it in the 60's if it was built after about 1952. I took one of a 50 Chevy sedan I bought an folded it in the middle and stuffed it in the trash barrel the day I bought the car before any of my friends could see it. You never saw one on anything at any car show that didn't feature restored cars before Lowrider magazine came out.

9. KampDavid

KampDavid

Not really understanding the point for the keepers of what is authorized by the "Traditional Hotrod" Code.
    If I could obtain this document I will read up to make sure it is followed.
    I went to the Nationals in Louisville and then recently to the Frog Follies in Evansville, Several vehicles had sun shades, So whats the point that why cars can be customized and you choose your options.
    I need info about a Sun Shade and hoped to get help. I did not expect people to Pee on my subject.
    Sorry I broke your Code.
    Oil Soup thank you for answering.
    Mother Trucker, thank you also. Do you have a website for your stuff?
    My Sun Shade is a Fulton Brand not the knockoff in your message you gave the link for.
    It has a model 800 stamped on the underside area.

Jugornot and Fedcospeed like this.
  10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

11. joee

joee

it's ur car do what you like.........i'd love to have a Fulton for my 36 2dr. hump back

Jugornot likes this.
  12. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Just because "Not everyone had one of those in 19.." doesnt mean squat. Not everyone had a Lasalle 3spd either in their car.Or green wheels.

Jugornot likes this.
  13. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have one on my'51. I live 6 miles east of town. After an afternoon jaunt to town to pick up the mail, I wouldn't be without it. I also like the way it breaks up the "overly smooth" lines of a shoebox Ford. Oh yeah, the original owner liked it enough to order it when he ordered the car in 1951.
    51Ford.jpg

Chuck Lauer likes this.
  14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

15. My youthful flash bulb auto memories include plenty sun visors. On cars and trucks. Plenty memories like Levi's, Schwinn bicycles, puffy fendered cars and trucks.
    With the right car or truck the visors look the part. We remember they're from an age prior to AC and tinted windows............
    I'm looking for one to put on our 49 Ford sedan....................
    Maybe pick one up at Chickasha next month.......

16. dwollam

dwollam

My '51 has one also. Was on it when I first got it in 1974. I think they look a little odd without one!

1951 Ford Club Coupe 006.jpg
    Dave

tubman likes this.
  17. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

B.S. code that keyboard warriors make up. Wannabe H.A.M.B Moderators.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jugornot likes this.