Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Batten down the hatches ~ A storm is coming.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Better safe than sorry. HRP

upspirate and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Hope everyone stays safe, Robin and I are sending prayers. I have friends in the Tampa area that have evacuated out of the flood zone (but are still in the Tampa area), and family up near Jacksonville that are also in a flood zone, not sure what their doing yet.

3. 29moonshine

29moonshine

if you are heading west on i 10 with a camper or motor home and need of a place to park i am at exit 7. i can put 2 in the yard 850-698-0873

Lowdownfab likes this.
  4. From everything I see on the evening news it appears the upstate of South Carolina is going to dodge the bullet,we are going to have a lot of rain and high winds moving into the area in the morning and lasting until Tuesday evening.

I am more concerned with all you guys in Florida & Georgia.HRP

upspirate likes this.
  5. old1946truck

old1946truck

Looks like Monday night and Tuesday morning are going to be alot of fun here. Schools are already closing for those two days.

6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

My thoughts with all in the path of the storms. Stay safe.

Gman0046 likes this.
  7. Same up here. But they will close the schools here on just a rumor of a cloud forming in the next state over.

8. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My brother and sister-in-law evacuated from Savannah area to SW of Atlanta, yesterday morning, hopefully they will be far enough inland to be safe!

9. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Florida at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. Hoping everyone is ok no matter the severity they are hit with.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  12. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

We were in the path of the eye came over us around 4:00 am we are blessed only debris to deal with from trees ,power loss was minimal only a few minutes at a time, before going to bed I predicted the path it was going take after it made landfall and it did travel up I-4 up I-429 same route used going to work ,the computer models we way off as we could see the path it was taking

upspirate likes this.
  13. Lowdownfab

Lowdownfab

We just got home. No power here and my fence is gone. Other than that and a few dents in the cars, we made it through the storm unscathed.

Bruce Fischer and Los_Control like this.
  14. Gman0046

Gman0046

Lodownfab, our Sons In laws in Port St. Lucie chose to ride it out had their house flooded. You lucked out.

Gary

15. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Storm passed thru overnight. Now well north of us. Not a scratch on either of us. One of our tall pines fell on the house and poked three holes in the roof - none big enough to stick you hand in. Neighbor roofer patched it this AM. Got the tree off and cut up with aid of family members and friends. Neighbor with tractor/forklift hauled logs and branches to roadside. Power is on. Very close to being back to normal.

Bruce Fischer, charleyw and upspirate like this.
  16. We are now experiencing torrential rain and high winds,we are also working in the dark,we lost power and still have funeral work to finish,my sisters mother in law passed away last night.

The Beauty/Barber shop next door lost their sign. HRP

upspirate likes this.
  17. upspirate

upspirate

No problems on the escape trip....not too much traffic.www.gasbuddy.com is our new friend!
    Heard from friends that we just has a screen blow out on our back porch and because of a monitor we have, Debbie was able to tell we had power except for a few minutes here and there.
    Most of our county lost power so we were lucky
    Our sailboat came though no damage from reports.
    They won't let us back in the county til damage assessments have been made, but there is no power for sanitation lift pumps so they don't want us to use toilets til electric restored to pumps
    Probably start heading back tomorrow, but not looking forward to that as the folks that evacuated over 5 day period will be going back at once I suspect and the traffic will be bad.
    Hope others came out well....we got very lucky

18. Lowdownfab

Lowdownfab

Damn. Sorry to hear that.
    I consider us to be quite lucky indeed, even with losing the fence and coming home to a sweat box. Could've been much worse.
    I wish your son in law the best, and a speedy recovery back to normal.

19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Hot Rod Granpa.That`s my home town.Family has been there since 1916.Hope your family`s home fares well in the storm winds and rain.
    Good luck,Be safe.
    Leo

20. Stay Safe Everyone!

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Devastating and tragic mess. Thoughts are with all involved.

Regards,
    Stogy

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Worst of storm here was from about Noon Mon. till about Midnight. Raised hell all over town, trees down everywhere on houses and vehicles, almost whole city lost power for varying times. Haven't heard of any serious injuries or fatalities, but local radio's been off air most of the time.
    Net result for me: Giant Red Oak, about 48" dia. down across my driveway and my neighbor's also. Power out for me about 28 hrs. many still out, including my next door neighbor whose "drop" to house was destroyed by my oak tree. Front yard full of downed oak, with both driveways cleared and wood piled in my yard till later cleanup. Tree people snowed under with work, you can hear chain saws everywhere. Phone and internet back on, but still no Comcast cable.
    Truck still driveable, but looking like a refugee from a demo derby because of an idiot who ran a red light, then bounced off the front of my almost stopped truck, spun around and up on sidewalk against a pole. At least I have a witness that the other driver ran a red light, and under questioning by cop, he admitted it.
    All in all, not a pleasant deal for me.

Stogy likes this.
  23. Sorry to hear about the truck, but glad you're still upright. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Stogy likes this.
  24. OK looks like the storm has come and gone has anyone heard from Danny ( @HOTRODPRIMER ) ?

25. I'm alive and kicking,we lost power and just got it back this morning,the rain wasn't as heavy as predicted but the winds were sustained at hurricane force and gust up to 60 MPH.

The main problem in our area of the upstate,TREES & POWERLINES,,I lost a lot of limbs but fortunately no big trees,that can't be said for my pal Giles or many others here.

21729085_1846013342093834_106864701_n.jpg

21732946_1846013355427166_1027973006_n.jpg

Telephone poles near my home snapped as trees took down lines.

Thanks for thinking about us,I appreciate it.

It's amazing how much a old fart smells after going 3 days taking whores baths! :D HRP

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  26. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

That's a BIG TREE

27. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

TMI.
    Glad to hear most everyone got by without major troubles.
    Man I bet that oak is 100yrs old.

28. Sorry for Giles, but that tree will make several live-edge tables/shelves! :D

29. Glad that you're still with us. I got an old bicycle on my deck if it got that windy here I would have had to sit on it and pretend I was peddling really fast. :D

30. Giles lost a trailer & a pickup,under there somewhere is his Kubota tractor. HRP