Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I guess there is just no cure.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56don, Sep 8, 2017.

1. There are a few cars in my past that I don't remember getting rid of, where the hell are they?

j3harleys, henryj1951 and 2935ford like this.
  2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Porknbeaner , or just beaner, sorry Ryan, that's just what I always called him, your a sick man. I'm sure we will share a room in the next life. BTW, I get the window. :D

3. Exactly! I had a 944 Porsche and could never remember what I did with it...then at the HAMB drags this year, Corncobcoupe reminded me I traded it to him for this... americanbluesmall.jpg [AT

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. There may be hope, I'm down to the truck I'm working on, (15 years so far) an MG that my wife bought me the first summer we were married 43 years ago, (she never got to ride in it) her sunny weather Triumph that needs an engine this winter, and the "bus" (46 Flxible Clipper) I'm 65, work slow, but might still have time to get them done. Then what?

5. 2935ford

2935ford

It's green and 28/29......

6. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I was on my way to the meeting but stopped to buy another car first.

Hnstray, tb33anda3rd and B Bay Barn like this.
  7. :eek: I really feel all your pain..!!!

I am getting over some of my STUPID STUPID sales,

Now I got to go, I've got a session with the therapist,

I think he's a car nut, that's all we seem to talk about :confused:

8. Ancient Chinese proverb..."A wise man can NEVER have too many cars........"
    I have no more room for any more cars, but If I can store cars on their ends, vertically, I reckon I could get another couple in.......

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

OK Don, before you sell anything else,YOU CALL ME!!!!!!!

56don likes this.
  10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ahhhh memories Rocky.....

Rambler for a Porsche - all time hilarious classic trade.

Laughed our ass off remembering .

williebill and Hnstray like this.
  11. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

I love my addiction, everyday I walk out my front door and into the shop I look at my small collection that has slowly grown since I was 18. It makes me happy. It use to drive my mother and father crazy. When my mom passed away back in April she gave me some of her childhood steel cars and some of my grandfathers tools and oil cans. I guess it could always be worse, my money could be spent on other things that aren't nearly as rewarding. Old tin and tools is what I'm all about. The only time I sell something is because I want to buy something else.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

volvobrynk and Donuts & Peelouts like this.
  12. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This one hooked me ....just too solid and clean title....ha ha ha IMG_0523.JPG

volvobrynk and Hnstray like this.
  13. Hey, you know you've got something I want. Now that the RPU is gone, I have an open space..☺

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Ok I'll pack her bags and send her.................. oh wait, you mean car.

56don likes this.
  15. phoneman

phoneman
    from Missouri

We had an exchange student stay with us. She says one day. "There are cars in the basement, cars in the garage, cars in the barn. How come you have so many cars" I said do you like shoes. She said yes. I said well I like cars. I only have 2 pairs of shoes.

volvobrynk, raven, 56don and 3 others like this.
  16. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Well it doesnt matter if its a old car,camper,or boat. I am thinking about making the trip to buy a 58 Lone Star boat.Would look good next to my newly rebuilt dock and compliment my 62 Yellow Stone camper I have against the hill leading down there. Now all I have to do is convince the wife......

I hope Hershey is good to me;)

volvobrynk and clunker like this.
  17. Ha ha. I ran the last woman off. But still have the car I had back then. Cars are easier to deal with.

volvobrynk and raven like this.
  18. j3harleys

j3harleys

My wife and just retired and are down sizing to a Smaller house, less cars, less everything even thinking of selling the 5w. But I'm already looking at other 32's. Dumb ass me thinks he needs a roadster again. WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH ME

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

At least we ain't crack heads. But in all serious if think you have a "problem" and your spending more money than your bringing in, and your do to pile is bivger than your "got done" pile than your not to far from a crack head.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. For certain, there are worse addictions. At the least, my car addiction won't kill me or rot my teeth..

volvobrynk and Donuts & Peelouts like this.
  21. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

What else is there???

22. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

I tried to force myself to learn guitar hoping to tame the desire of constantly searching for other junk. Didn't work. I think it's a weird brain thing like hoarders have. The wild thing is that I always feel guilty for buying and then I sell, only to buy again. Maybe there's a group rate on therapy?

23. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I have a big collection of project cars,,,,
    And I am a photographer and while at SpeedWeek this year I ran into a photographer that was using a Kodak Brownie for 'art' shots,,,, I now have 5 of them,,, they were only $5-12 each,,,,

24. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Weekend after hershey road trip. Thanks to F&J and Ned Ludd for inspiring me to be even more weird and different!!! My wife will be tracking you down soon:eek:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  25. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

I just picked up a low mileage lincoln Y block. T 20170828_122936.jpg he only problem is its in this.

volvobrynk and Fedcospeed like this.
  26. Mike

Mike

Cars are like screwdrivers, 9/16 and 10mm wrenches, you can have enough of them, but never too many.