Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What you say might bite you in the arse!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 6, 2017.

1. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

My ancestors got their arse out of England in the 1600s and moved their ass to North America.

Stogy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. They aren't so bad, I like this one only it would be better in red.

untitled.jpg

So they came to the US and brought their mule with 'em?

3. Your wish is my command my friend! HRP

upload_2017-9-7_14-7-4.jpeg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. LOL there must be a dozen clones of that car floating around. I think they only made the one concept and every time you see one its the real deal. :D I always thought that it was a pretty cool car, doesn't look much like what Henry decided to build but it is a really cool old car.

I know that this has very little to do with the thread but I have always liked this roadster. I liked it better before it was over restored ( seen old photos of it in someone's scrap book) but if I was a wealthy man I would build a Deuce along these lines, not a perfect clone but the innovations in this one are way to numerous to ignore.

Hot_Rod_05-01.jpg

So famous last words, I don't like roadsters either which makes this a double I don't like. :D

5. We all know how opinionated the members of the Hamb are but to me if anyone ever described a 32 Ford as the quintessential/Holy Grail Deuce it would have to be the Doane Spencer roadster,I absolutely love this car! HRP

6. It amazes me that literally no one takes design cues from it. The doors are cut into the cowl like a model '40, exhaust dumps through the frame rails, front suspension is a masterpiece of simplicity. And that is just touching the surface.

7. Beano,I believe the doors look that way because of the windshield frame,but you are right,it's one of those cars that was built with a simple understated look was preferred. HRP

BriHolt likes this.
  8. Actually when I read an article about the car that was a thing that they pointed out was that he cut the doors along the belt line like a model 40.

I am not sure that this will work but maybe it will, unless the orange car is not a deuce in which case I will just feel dumber than usual. :D

See the difference?

1932_Ford_'Deuce'_Roadster_-_Flickr_-_exfordy.jpg

doan spencer.jpg

9. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Are you being sarcastic in this post?
    "Literally no one"?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Seldom?

If you count the American Graffiti clones on this site alone no one would be an understatement. ;)

Bandit Billy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I thought that the DSR is what all decent cool builds were aspiring to be in vein of?
    At a minimum the front end of my car would be lame without the influence. Although I often think pinched rails is a no-brain'r I'm sure I probably saw it before I thought of it but I don't recall or care anymore. I'll make my peace with fallow the leader if it's perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

12. If Doan is the leader who could complain about following. ;)

I was probably talking more about the roadster crowd, there is just a lot of car there to study.

Runnin shine likes this.
  13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So oddly enough, we are sitting behind Dad's "Glass" Deuce at a cruise-in one night. A guy walks up to it and starts knocking on the roof and then the upper rear quarter area (I assume to see if it was steel or glass). I yelled at him, "Hey, how about I get up and start knocking on the top of your head to see what it's made of?!!"

He says I am a former Green Beret and I would like to see you try it. I said I doubt it. I have never met a Green Berets or Navy Seals that feels the need to announce themselves. I said take for instance my cousin, he is an ex-Navy Seal and he is standing right behind you. And damned if he wasn't. He was parked right next to us polishing on his Pontiac. When I yelled at the guy and he stepped up to see what the heck was going on.

Talk about getting bitten in the "arse"! LOL

The former Green Beret made a very quick and quiet exit....

czuch and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Thank gawd!
    Wouldn't want it to go the direction of the AG coupe.

15. VinnyBCB

VinnyBCB

That knock was the spirit of John Milner saying choice words. Ever since I watched American graffiti 58 chev and 32 high boy have been 2 of my favorite cars of all time.

16. Depends. To me, the old stuff is fairly cookie cutter and nothing is a standout for first prize over the rest of the pack. This is just me, but the late 30's, through the 40's is when style and lust made it onto my vocabulary. A '32 Ford cleaned up like a new penny, maybe with some tasteful updates, is a joy to behold. If it's rough as a cob and even the blackbirds won't poop on it, I'll pass. Any year, make or model can be a dream or a nightmare.

17. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I thought this is about what you say not a 32 Ford love feast?????

Stogy likes this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotta watch the replies might bite you in the arse...:D

That being said it seems the original post was related in example to a thread on steel and fiberglass or was that 'A's and 32's (threads like this are double edged swords) and it may have turned out to be a redirection inadvertently of sorts.
    He is right in that the glass versus metal actually is only part of that thread the other thing it exposed is personal likes between A's and 32's that well could land knickers in knots. Actually the glass versus steel also tugs at the knickers and yes this opens up arses for attack asso to speak...
    Well looking at HRP's post I obviously misinterpreted it and for me it happens...But since I have my bulletproof ass protection on I will pull through...
    To me I know I could be fooled by a glass car, understand why they are with us and they are still a part of the landscape of the hobby. I am completely okay with it as, if it has the looks that I like I don't care if it was made out of a European courier van. The Hamb prefers understandably these be in the inspired section. So be it...its an honor to be here where ever your ride may belong.

upload_2017-9-7_20-30-20.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Fell right in

Stogy likes this.
  20. BAAD32

BAAD32

A friend has a saying, "There are two kinds of people, those who have 32 Fords & those who want them!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

It's easy.

Stogy likes this.
  22. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I always say never.

23. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

I hate Ford's but I like the 32. Now I feel like I cheated.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. mickeyc

mickeyc

The 32 three window I have came my way while in pursuit
    of a 40 Ford sedan. I realized I did not want to leave it behind
    just because it was a 32. I bought the 32 but the forty was the better deal. I have learned to appreciate the coupe. I now do have a 40 so I guess it
    worked out. I hope to get to it eventually.

25. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

It's easy.. You can't afford one..

26. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

? Tell a stupid from Sweden what's teenage nookie?

27. I don't know what you called "it" in Sweden..or just how old you are..

jimmysweden likes this.
  28. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Okej.. So you can't just explain it... 50+ here...

29. Jimmy,What do you call it in Sweden when you "score" with a girl????

30. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

"Yump'n Yimny"