Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Ventura Nationals 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM, Sep 2, 2017.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Locked in, unless you bought something? Jees, man.:rolleyes:

Rustridden31 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Crankhole

Crankhole

I thought it was a great show this year. Good friends, nice cars, warm weather and cold beer.

3. ................Never allow life and limb to get in the way of capitalism!:eek:;)...........(Still searching for the "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon.):)

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great photos of some real nice cars there. That slick copper colored 50's Cad was a raffle car last year and a hell of a lot nicer than I thought it might be when I bought a ticket on it. I think someone on here had something to do with it.
    I'd say that having the gate locked until 5 had more to do with keeping the paying spectators happy than anything. I've been to a number of events where over half the vehicles were already gone and they were still charging spectators to get in the gate.
    The 10 buck beer sucks but that outfit has to get their sponsor fees back somehow and I guess they don't figure that event goers will buy their beer later because they liked what they got at the show.

5. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Your art is the best, I know I have some. I really think you are pulling our leg about this, especially since there was no guard there till somebody fetched one. I am told that he said it was the rule from their insurance company. And everyone know insurance companies over rule Ca. state laws.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Great show, good attendance. Nice variety of rides.
    Always like cruising downtown on Friday night and this year was no exception.
    The not being able to leave thing sucked and I asked 2 guards and the event officials at check in. They said since I was parked near the gate and not deep into the show, I could leave (less people to hit near the gate) ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
    But when I went to leave, no way.

7. Rustridden31

Rustridden31
    from Denver, CO

Maybe if stuff was worth buying you wouldn't have to force people to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. topher5150

topher5150

Is thinking the same thing. A lot people will be put off and might never come back

9. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Thanks HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM, If you knew how cheap, powerless and clueless we vendors are about what's going on outside you would know I was pulling the legs of the gullible. I'm humored easily. For those who like to rant over imagined small things, the real story is that the city of Ventura received a stream of calls from wives who were happy their husbands were out of the house at the show and requested they lock the gates to keep them there longer. For real this time.

10. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I forgot about the insurance. I know that's real. Here in our great state, just bump into someone, and more than likely your in court

Fly'n Kolors likes this.
  11. rustbucket65

rustbucket65

Here are some late picture adds to the thread. Ventura_Nats-1.jpg Ventura_Nats-2.jpg Ventura_Nats-3.jpg Ventura_Nats-4.jpg Ventura_Nats-5.jpg Ventura_Nats-6.jpg Ventura_Nats-7.jpg Ventura_Nats-8.jpg Ventura_Nats-9.jpg Ventura_Nats-10.jpg Ventura_Nats-11.jpg Ventura_Nats-12.jpg Ventura_Nats-13.jpg Ventura_Nats-14.jpg Ventura_Nats-15.jpg Ventura_Nats-16.jpg Ventura_Nats-17.jpg Ventura_Nats-18.jpg Ventura_Nats-19.jpg Ventura_Nats-20.jpg Ventura_Nats-21.jpg