Register now to get rid of these ads!

History "Mechanized Death" - 1963 film from the Ohio Highway Patrol....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lebowski, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

This 26 minute film may be too gruesome for some because it shows a lot of dead bodies in car wrecks from back in the early '60s. I originally thought they might be actors but I'm pretty sure the stories, wrecks and bodies are real. It says it was made in 1961 but I saw at least two '63 Chevys in it so I changed it to 1963. It was obviously meant to shock people and make them remember not to drive recklessly, speed, drive after drinking, etc....

2. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Those types of documentaries were standard fare in school driver training courses for decades.

Is driver training still a requirement though in High School? Judging from the dumb shit people do on the road these these days, I'm guessing it's yet another "no", in a long, long list of things we took for granted.

3. metalman

metalman

Yeah, we were shown "Red Highway" in my high school driver's ed class. These movies were meant to scare the heck out of you, make you drive "safe". Not sure it worked.
    Wonder what they show today? Hmmm...maybe the carnage left from the airbag shoving your cell phone up your nose?

v8deuce and Truck64 like this.
  4. larryj

larryj
    from Madison AL

My school showed those to the entire junior and senior classes.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. 41woodie

41woodie

The one they showed us was called "Signal 30", of course we were bullet proof at that stage of our lives so not much effect.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  6. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Vintage videos to be sure, but the message is still valid. Based on the moronic driving I've observed lately, a lot of "drivers" should be viewing videos like this. Not sure it would sink in, but.... Thanks for posting this!