Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1956 Ford Parklane question

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by retiredfireguy, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

Is there any inherent value in a set of totally roached seats from a '56 Ford Parklane? Thanks.

2. Define 'totally roached'.... The Parklane seats are unique so somebody with theirs missing would be very interested if they're salvageable. Is the chrome seat trim still there? Repairable/replateable? Seat frames good? If they were laying outside for the last 30 years and are just rust and corrosion, probably not much value.

3. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

Front seat is pretty rough. Back seat isn't so bad.

Attached Files:

4. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Front seat might be savable if totally stripped and derusted.
    Rear seat can go in my living room right now!:D

5. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

Do you have any idea what it might be worth?

6. I'd ask $500 for the rear seat and throw the front in for free (seeing how it isn't complete). At that price level, you'll probably have to ship it. If you have any other Parklane trim, it's all worth money. The tailgate hardware is particularly hard to find too; the Parklane used polished stainless slides/hinges rather than the zinc-coated parts on the plainer models.

7. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

Thank you sir!

Attached Files:

8. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

That looks like a pretty decent car. Are you building it?

9. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

With any luck at all, it will be my next project.

czuch likes this.
  10. I LIKE your wagon!!!!!Bruce.

11. 62sedan

62sedan
    from Texas

That's a damned nice 2-door wagon. Hoping you can resurrect it to you liking!! It's the balls to find one in a good condition.

12. If you're planning on building that, I wouldn't sell any parts off it..... especially the seats.

F-ONE and Just Gary like this.
  13. Keep the seats until your project car is finished, including upholstery, because you may change your mind.

Besides, shipping costs will have a huge impact on their sell-ability. They're big and probably weigh 40+ lbs each.

14. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

Thank you everyone. If I ever get it done, I'll post pic's. I'm 70 years old, so hard telling...

15. Hey 70 is the new 50. LOL.Bruce.

16. Mark T

Mark T

If I were you I'd double Crazy Steve's estimate of $500 for the pair, they are very hard to come by.

17. 50sboy

50sboy

I'll offer $500...where are u located (to figure shipping)? Thanks

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  18. I'm searching for a '56 Parklane back seat if anyone has any leads. I tried to contact the OP with no luck. Thanks

19. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

I still have the seats, but I am still not sure I actually want to part with them. My first choice would be to have them restored and reupholstered, but I can't afford to do that.

20. PM sent.

21. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Why do you want to sell the seats? Unless you have a better set identical don't sell them. If you are planning on installing seats from a late model car don't. Or at least, keep the old seats till you get the new ones in and find out they won't work.

By far the best and easiest seats to use are the ones that came in the car. Have them reupholstered or if money is too tight fix them yourself.

22. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Front seat doesn't look right to me but I can't see it all. I think it's supposed to have a dip in the center like the back seat. The convertables and Crown Vic's have the same dip in the front too.

23. 50sboy

50sboy

Hit you with a couple of conversations...but no answer. $1,000. and I will come get them...please let me know if you are interested