Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs which car would you have saved?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Sep 3, 2017.

1. You know, Squablow knows a thing or 3 'bout losing a couple doors off of 4 door cars. ;) As for the old left nut, they're worthless.

Clay Belt, els, Hnstray and 1 other person like this.
  2. els and ct1932ford like this.
  3. Anything worth doing, begins with a dream.
    See what I did there?

volvobrynk, els and tb33anda3rd like this.
  4. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

What a dumb thread

5. you get out of a thread, what you put into a thread........nice post.

6. What a Dumb Post

7. els likes this.
  8. I had a '58 Roadmaster and while it was a whale it would flat shit n git. The '58 was a 364 car I don't know about the '57 but I would still go after the five seven if I had to choose from the 3.

els and tb33anda3rd like this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

I would have bought an ambulance or rescue truck, instead of a Buick (or three). But you did fine...can't wait to see the pics!

brEad, els and tb33anda3rd like this.
  10. I am happy to learn that you saved them, and hope the engines are all salvageable. I am interested to know which vehicle you will save.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  11. there was a Packard ambulance and a rescue truck that belonged to Yosemite park [?] i will get photos when i go to pick them up tomorrow

yeah, trying to decide will be tough and seeing what they look like once i get them out into the day light or up on the lift..........the four door is really complete survivor, but the fifty eight is really cool and different, the fifty seven is just rolling sex, but the interior needs so much, the fifty eight engine was really complete and the body work could always get repaired, the four doors wouldn't be bad for a cool cruiser, ahhh the looks of the 57, but man is the trim on the fifty eight awesome, four door is green and i really like green, etc, etc............................see why i bought all three......

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Please post photos once these babies are liberated from the barn.......before and after cleaning them up, if you don't mind. ;)

Many years ago (decades, really) an elderly friend had a pristine '58 Roadmaster Limited 75 four door sedan.
    I fully understand that was the epitome of chrome laden American Baroque Styling and very controversial. But Man, that thing was formidable! Wish we lived closer....I might be tempted...then again....it's probably best we are far away....:D

Ray

13. @Hnstray, i will take photos.
    my father in law says i am old enough now for a Buick.............:D:cool:

14. squirrel

squirrel

I think it's once you become a grandpa, you're allowed to own a Buick.

15. rain yesterday and today has postponed picking the cars up till tomorrow. trailer is hooked up and the bag of tie downs is in the truck.

16. belair

belair

Pretty cool ending. Or beginning. I do like the 54, hope it all turn out good. As Larry always said, impatiently waiting for pics.

kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  17. Naaahh ... you did well. Get the '54 sedan up and running for a summer driver. Pick the '57 (ordinary looking IMHO) or my favorite, the chrome barge '58 for a builder car, and use the engine from the other for your project. One can never have too many cars unless they are modern econo-junk.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. ok so i forgot to bring the camera on the first trip to pick up the cars. i brought back the '54 on the first run and jim brought the '57 we had to take a tire off the '58 to get the 57 onto the trailer.
    when i went back for the 58 i remembered to bring the camera. IMG_1227.JPG IMG_1223.JPG IMG_1231.JPG

19. here is a shot of the 58 looking under the nose of the "full set back" autocar. IMG_1226.JPG

20. the other stuff that was in the building. see any thing you need? the white rescue/lighting truck came out of the parks department. the ambulance is a packard hennesey. various macks . IMG_1218.JPG IMG_1219.JPG IMG_1220.JPG IMG_1221.JPG IMG_1222.JPG IMG_1224.JPG IMG_1225.JPG

21. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Oh....the '58 is a 2 dr hardtop!....somehow I thought it was a 4 door.

Ray

Clay Belt likes this.
  22. i will take photos of the buicks today........

23. yeah, i think it is stunning. frame rail in the back looked a little soft when i got it up on the trailer.
    is it possible it is lighter than the '54? i towed them both and it seamed to me the '58 pulled easier. maybe because it had less wind resistance?

24. catdad49

catdad49

This is stuff you see on calendars (all restored), because of this man someone else can own a potential show piece! Love the Packard ambulance, how many exist?! Any more finds? Thanks for sharing.

25. Binford 6100

Binford 6100

Cool thread.

kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  26. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Who was the truck manufacturer for the white Civil Defense vehicle? That thing is cool.

czuch and tb33anda3rd like this.
  27. Król

Król

Save the 58! Not a lot of these around.

tb33anda3rd likes this.