Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FREE CAR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Amazing stuff here!

2. Mark Roby

Mark Roby

You guys rock! Thank you so much from all of us in Houston!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

lots of good people here.

4. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a class act!

5. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

Just had a long discussion with my uncle this past weekend at the Frog Follies about how his older generation needs to help inspire my younger generation (I'm 30) to continue the spirit of hot/street rodding. Actually, we talk about it constantly. Well this is it. 100%. And just for the record, it's entirely because of my uncle's generosity that I ever caught the bug. He never gave me a car, but he sold me one for cheap and has donated countless hours teaching me how to weld, clean out a grungy gas tank, run brake lines, etc. Not to mention being on-call with me always and never seeming bothered by my silly questions. You old, fat, white-bearded, chubby-fingered fellows sure have somehow kept alive a beautiful spirit of giving and friendliness that you share with each other, and I honestly hope inspires us even more than the love for cars. Well, maybe both at the same time. I don't want pre-war to die just yet. :)

Great start to my morning to stumble across this. And spot-on about true charity! Jake, be inspired my man. "And let us not grow weary of doing good..."

6. 6inarow

6inarow

I am happy it was a tough decision. It seems like we rag on younger generation as being loads (much like they ragged on us years ago) so its good to know there are a lot of good deserving younger folks. Way to go!! And a note to @Jake_Lancer : inliners international........

unclescooby likes this.
  7. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] This pic is of the local guys that came to help us get this beast shoved up on the trailer.

These are some of the pics from getting the car yesterday. I'll upload some video when I get to a better area. Thanks to @unclescooby and to @HAMBANDY s family and to all others involved with making this happen for Jake. We have a hell of a run ahead of us to get back to St Louis , but it will be fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Heartwarming? Yes. Reassuring? Profoundly. I'm sure there were newly joined HAMBERS that doubted at first...
    By the third post, I was 'hooked'. Just amazing.
    But 'surprised'? Not really...but I was concerned, as I hadn't read previously about Uncle Scooby's wife being ill...
    'Not surprised' by Uncle Scooby's offer, however. He's a stand up guy, just from posts/comments here on the HAMB, and I hope someday to shake his hand.
    Very pleased to read the outcome here, just praying with all of you for Scooby and his wife.
    Jake...Congrats! You have some great folks with you, so will anxiously await your posts here.
    Gosh, I love this place!

9. I'm speechless.....kudos to all involved! Unclescooby...get on with helping your partner and best friend.

Charlie

10. Satyr

Satyr

This is beyond kool. I do hope things turn around for you. Keeping y'all in my prayers..

unclescooby likes this.
  11. 345wbama

345wbama

Unclescooby, take care of your wife and get her well! I'm impressed how a common bond can bring total strangers together for a cause. Jake is a very worthy recipient and I look forward to seeing the progress. Please keep us posted as your wife kicks cancer's ass!

12. What @porkshop said

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. RHRH3P, Fern 54, guthriesmith and 6 others like this.
  14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

^^^^ I'm jealous of your road trip! :)

15. BJR

BJR

The Hamb and the people who make up the Hamb never cease to amaze me. As a group this has to be one of the best bunch of people around in this troubled world we live in. Unclescooby, hats off to you, and I hope your wife gets better. Brian

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

Make the new owner buy a alliance membership!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. Squablow

Squablow

Great thread, great story, great people involved, and a neat car to start with for a first timer build. Also great road trip pics from Clean Cut Creations and great that you were able to use the trip to also deliver some relief items. All around great.

upspirate and unclescooby like this.
  18. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

My wife's actual first name is Shamrock so I find this picture particularly cool. :)
    QUOTE="clean cut creations, post: 12209911, member: 4885"][​IMG]

Conoco station in Shamrock TX

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[/QUOTE]

Hatchet, Hombre, guthriesmith and 2 others like this.
  19. [/QUOTE]

My thoughts, prayers and the luck o' the Irish are with you at this time.

20. Bozo is a good guy!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Wow, this sure turned out great.
    Like everyone here, I'm now keen to see how the car turns out, so will be looking out for the build thread.
    Scoob, how cool was the Shamrock pic, and it also being your wife's first name? Its a very nice name, and I sure wish for Shamrocks health to improve, as your generosity has improved people's here faith in humanity.

Hatchet, Fern 54 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. We just arrived home in StL. I'm going to bed. 3,200 miles round trip in 5 days.... huge thanks to everyone that helped get this whole mess to happen!! Jake was crazy exited when we pulled into the shop!! I'll post more pics soon!

23. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

That's awesome. Put up a parts list when you have an idea of what direction your build is headed. I'll see if I can help ya out.

24. Sweet. Glad you guys made it safe.

25. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

What a great thread! So many great people!!