Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ~O^O~ Friday Art Show 01-09-2017 ~O^O~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruisin', Sep 1, 2017.

1. Just sneaking in under the radar with some colour to get you all going.
    Pix from a show last Saturday....
    Have an awesome Spring and Autumn!

1-70logo.jpg 2-80logo.jpg

Sancho, selectedgrub, Lepus and 23 others like this.
  2. And we're off. Nice captures cruisin'. Seeing all of the woodies last week I realized that I've never drawn one, my son Charlie was home sick today so I had to stay home from work to look after him. Anyway I figured I'd do something constructive with my time and I knocked up this little piece. Pastel pencils on black paper.[​IMG]

3. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

4. 170829AHAA-A.jpg

Cheers, from Adelaide.. (acrylic on canvas, 12x16")

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017

5. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

6. Oye!!! looks like, based on the above photo, we’re off to a bonny of a start.

A 20 minute quick I drew for the week, I call it “Quick Draw” ’32 Roadster

32_Roadster_quickdraw_001.jpg

7. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

Does this picture counts

Attached Files:

Cruisin', Sancho, skipstitch and 24 others like this.
  8. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

image.jpeg Fall is almost here

9. GaryC.

GaryC.

Slowing it down...
    34comingatyou.png

10. GaryC.

GaryC.

A custom track car based on an Opel GT mid section.
    Opel GT Mid Section Custom.png

ct1932ford, Cruisin', b-bop and 26 others like this.
  11. GaryC.

GaryC.

I recently met a couple of local fellows at a car show that produce a TV show called "Street Scene".
    I mentioned what I do and they thought it might be fun to have me on the show to talk about my art and career doing it. The show they covered is called "Wings and Wheels". It's probably the best show in Eastern Ohio. Classic aviation buffs and hot rodders will all find the show of interest. My segment starts at 21:47 and goes to 26:30. I'll be appearing on several of the upcoming shows. So, great fun for me!

Screen shot 2017-09-01 at 5.26.06 AM.png

Here's a link...

Cruisin', woodz, robber and 13 others like this.
  12. mine for this week... IMG_5836s-can.jpg

13. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-9-1_3-23-40.png
    Hello,

I just found this in a drawing/writing journal book that we used to take over to our granddaughter’s house for some fun activity. We would play with Legos, Barbies, and other vehicles constantly. But, we would always sit together and draw, then read our stories from the individual notebooks.

It was a fun activity to draw something, then write a paragraph or two about it. The reading part came next. She could not wait to finish and be the first to read her story. We tried to time our drawings and stories so that she would be the first to finish and get to read it before us.

One day, I was drawing the first thing that came to mind…a custom, 55 Chevy Nomad. She was not into intricate wheels, so some simple star wheels were drawn. There was always some down time as a story was brewing in our brains for the drawing we just put down on paper.

Jnaki

After I was finished with the drawing, she had instant recognition of the stars, made a comment about my flames, and she gave me a sticker for a job well done…SWEET!

Recently, the drawing/reading activity has taken a new step. We all draw anything that comes to mind after a subject is selected for the three of us. Then, she decided that instead of us writing about our own drawing, we would give the drawing to the next person to the right.

Now, that person would have to write a story that went along with the new drawing from the other person. This made for some real “creative writing.”

If I throw in some hot rod or car story, I am sure my granddaughter will have a creative way to express her ideas, regardless of whether she likes cars or not…at least she has given names to all of their family cars…

14. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

15. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Door Art! Happy Fas Day! DSC_9026.jpg

16. Congrats on the recognition, Gary! I always love your stuff. "Out of the Box" is my way of doing things. :)

17. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After last weeks Woody theme I decided to revisit one of my old pencil sketches in ink and marker....maybe if someone decides on a theme for the following week, we can make note of it and have something prepared. I haven't been doing this long enough to have a stockpile of stuff to choose from so Im always a week late, LOL...Bob, that T roadster is really nice. IMG_2795.JPG IMG_2813.JPG

18. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

19. ...cool stuff again this Friday,..found a couple more surf buggies, ...my favorite car to draw is the Model A, so here's a couple.

fas 302.jpg fas 088.jpg fas 342.jpg fas 397.jpg

20. That was a very nice feature Gary, congratulations and thank you for representing in such a classy way.

21. kenmo

kenmo

Hot Rod Builder and Car Customizer
    Anthony Kent Writtenberry of Kentz Kustomz Cycles in Virginia, USA.

2017 Atlantic Nationals, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada - Saturday July 8th Centennial Park Moncton.

Camera: Nikon D7000 & Nikkor 18-105mm lens

[​IMG]

22. kenmo

kenmo

2017 Atlantic Nationals, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada - Friday July 7th downtown Moncton.

1931 Ford Model A truck & 1929 Ford Model A roadster

[​IMG]

1930 Ford Model A tudor sedan hot rod

[​IMG]

23. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Most definitely.

24. QuakeMonkey

QuakeMonkey

With no time to create anything this week, here's a pic of my ride at Ocean Beach, SF with a sneak appearance by one of my kooks illustrations. KidMarkie_about.jpg

25. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Great looking image Ken .........

26. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Great start ! Hot time Summer in the city !

rev383, ct1932ford, pwschuh and 21 others like this.
  27. kenmo

kenmo

57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.
  28. skipstitch

skipstitch

29. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang Gary, way cool....heck, I feel like I purt near know someone famous now...way to represent, dudeson.

GaryC. likes this.