Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FREE CAR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Budget36

Budget36

I don't see you being a jerk, Nick?

I see you as a young guy with passion, especially what been said about you here, and you are in the neighborhood.

2. Hey Ron, sorry to hear about the Mrs. As you know Susie and I have been down this road as well. She is living proof the medical world can some pretty amazing things nowdays.

What you are doing here is good stuff. Lets hope it gets some future gearhead who doesnt have the means to get a dream car started

Let me know if you need anything at all. We are not far away..

Sent from my SM-T377P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

unclescooby and loudbang like this.
  3. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My prayers for your wife, cancer is beatable, I am a 2 time cancer survivor and my wife is a cancer survivor as well! Kudos to you for offering to give the car to some deserving young person, may the karma flow back to you and your wife.

4. Should you start answering yourself I'll call those nice men in the white coats

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Nick Flores and RockinRivi like this.
  5. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Word on the street is I'm grumpier than some of the grey beards. More of an inside joke with Ron I suppose.

6. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

PM sent. I have a nephew in the Phx area, he's a young man in his 20's, a veteran, served overseas, but is back home now. When I asked if he was interested he jumped at it.

7. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

^^ that's sounds like the guy that needs this car.

8. OBALLER

OBALLER

I
    Hey unclescooby. Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she will be ok. I have a good friend named Danny who's always, always wanted a car like this. He has always wanted one but could never afford one. He just got married a few months ago amf he and his wife Mindy are grest people. They love the car scene and even rent a cool 50's style house. This would be a vlessing for him and his family and something I know he would hang on to forever and pass on to his kids. I have a 51 shoebox and I love crusing my ride but I dont have any friends that I really cruise with so it would be nice to have someone who loves and appreciates classic cars to be blessed by an opportunity like this. Thanks for your consideration and if you'd like anymore info let me know. Thanks unclescooby and have a nice weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

hans mercman likes this.
  9. Grease53Monkey

Grease53Monkey

Very cool... This world needs more people like you!

Sent from my XT1650 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. ^^^Yep,more people like him with less problems in their lives!
    Best wishes for your wife's illness .

11. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

It's shaping up to be a tough decision... glad I don't have to make it!

All the nominees thus far sound deserving and whoever you pick I'm sure will do a great job.

12. LostBoy

LostBoy

If only there were more free cars. Very cool gesture. Best wishes for your wife and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

I'm thinking out loud so bear with me...
    Maybe this is not what we want. Unclescooby has his plate full. This can easily turn bigger and more agaonizing than anticipated. There will be a winner and losers.....

Maybe there needs to be some parameters. Basic qualifications.
    Maybe there needs to be a jury....a HAMB jury that reviews the applicants.
    Maybe the actual candidates themselves need to submit why they want it, their plans...they're means to make it happen.

All of this could take a lot of burden from the giver. The jury reviews the applicants....selects their best candidate to the Judge (giver) he makes the final choice.

Maybe this something that could turn into a yearly thing.

slv63, Thor1, DylanHill1931 and 4 others like this.
  14. movingviolation

movingviolation

This is such an amazing thing to do!
    In memory of a special young man and the moment in time where the HAMB was what keep the fight alive!
    In a world that seems to be engulfed in hate..this gesture of a free car and that of HAMBANDY is pure LOVE!

My thoughts are with you and your wife my friend!

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Thanks! I've actually asked movingviolation to help me.
    For the sake of moving the process along, let's pick from the candidates who have already had there names thrown in the hat here. I think there about 7 people.
    Rytang, Nick Flores, Danny, Blues4U's nephew, Jim, sedanman's son, and Hotrodmnm who messaged me.
    I'd love to hear reasons for each person and let's make a decision and start this party.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Hi Unclescooby Great thing that you are doing.Wishing your wife the best.God bless you both.
    Leo

unclescooby likes this.
  17. movingviolation

movingviolation

I have just received a message from HAMBANDY's mother who was in tears knowing that unclescooby was doing such an amazing thing and it was being done in the spirt of everything wonderful about the hamb and its amazing members.

18. Slopok

Slopok

All one has to do is to look at his thread on sectioning a 4 door 54 Desoto...WHO DOES THAT???:eek::confused:o_O:D:cool: He gets my vote and I'm just outside of Chicago and you know how we don't just vote once here!;)

19. nice chop, maybe hardtopped with the roof slanted rearward with maybe a 50/51 ford rear window
    lowered taildragger stance
    ad skirts
    keep the side and belt trim, lose the qtr stone deflector
    sombrero style caps on bias WWs

DylanHill1931 and unclescooby like this.
  20. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I have actually been following that Desoto thread since the beginning also. Nice job man!

DylanHill1931 and rytang like this.
  21. sedanman

sedanman

I sent you a PM.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. msapwell

msapwell

Hey unclescooby I'm blues4U Nephew. sorry to hear about you situation hope it all goes well. I'd like to get the car running like it is for now, while you consider my options and gather parts. For the time being, it's a cool looking car as it is and id like to see it back on the road.

Hendee and DylanHill1931 like this.
  23. Wow, now this is getting emotional., in a good way.

Viva la hamb!

chryslerfan55 and Hatchet like this.
  24. movingviolation

movingviolation

It's a wonderful place.....with wonderful people....wonderful cars.

unclescooby, Hatchet, rytang and 3 others like this.
  25. moparmuscle1

moparmuscle1

Unclescooby , you sir have my respect . It takes a big man to do what your doing , my best to your wife .

26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

27. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

28. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Sorry, this was much more difficult than we thought. Will have an answer Monday night.

rytang and Blues4U like this.
  29. Budget36

Budget36

unclescooby...whomever ever you folks decide on, there's nothing but winners here.

30. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom

I meant i will pay for it to be shipped to me. Then i would send it to someone else... PICK ME!!