Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FREE CAR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Aug 24, 2017.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Here's the deal. I'm tied up with my wife's health. I've got a ton of projects. I'm streamlining my life. I have too much stuff.
    I bought a car here on the HAMB a long time back in Phoenix Arizona. I never brought it home.
    I've paid ten times the value of the car in storage and was going to ship it home this month. And now it would just to sell it from here.
    I don't want to do that. In the spirit of Andy and old HAMB days...
    I want to GIVE IT AWAY FOR FREE.
    Obviously I don't want someone to just flip it for profit or scrap it.
    I want it to go to a young fella or someone who is down on their luck.
    Its a good car, it's complete, it has a clear title.
    It is in Phoenix Arizona. BUT to clarify, the car is available to anyone ANYWHERE. I will do what I can to help you get it to whomever is selected.
    So...who knows a good candidate?
    1952 Chrysler Windsor. 265 flathead. Clear title. Good Patina. IMG_6267.jpg
    Let's get somebody on the road.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    clem, mrhp, Shaun1162 and 62 others like this.
  2. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Admin, i hope this is okay. I didn't put it in the classified section because its not a free "first come/first served" "take it away" deal. It is intended as a donation to an aspiring rodder in memory of Andy.

mrhp, OBALLER, karl share and 17 others like this.
  3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Very cool of you! Hope some kid can pick it up....

mrhp, loudbang and unclescooby like this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh Squirrel...new project time.

Deuced Up! and belair like this.

5. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

bump, hope this gets someone into it...

Hatchet, unclescooby and AZbent like this.
  6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Wow. That's friggin' awesome. I really hope someone gets it that actually builds it and keeps us updated.

slv63, GearHead614 and unclescooby like this.
  7. pumpman

pumpman

What a cool car. Hope someone spets up and gets her back on the road. Very generous of you and sorry to hear that your wife has medical issues. I sincerely hope all turns out well for you and her.

8. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Very generous offer! Hope For good health for your family. Good Karma coming your way.

Pat

9. That very NICE of you. A TRUE H.A.M.B.E.R. I hope your wife gets better. Bruce.

mrhp, Dick Stevens, 51 BIRD and 3 others like this.
  10. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Scooby, Hope all get better with the wife...Nice gesture on your part...bump it up

Dick Stevens and unclescooby like this.
  11. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Long time, no see unclescooby. Very nice of you to offer up a free car to someone that can enjoy it. I hope to hear your wife is well soon. Take care,
    Danny

12. Scooby, I really hope whoever gets it is truly sincere and not some turd ball looking for a quick flip. What your doing is a most honorable thing and your good intentions will not go unrewarded I'm sure. Best wishes , Mitch.

mrhp, Dick Stevens, Hatchet and 2 others like this.
  13. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice gesture ! I hope a young member will get it and post a build thread on HAMB, that you & we can follow and enjoy.

Sorry to hear about your wife's health issues. My wife & I have been through several issues with my health and I know from first hand experience how difficult it can be - for BOTH parties. God bless you for your benevolence and thoughtfulness. We'll keep you wife in our prayers.

mrhp, Dick Stevens, Hatchet and 2 others like this.
  14. RockinRivi

RockinRivi

Very cool, despite the wife's health issues.

Here's a cool idea. U already said one condition is that it goes to someone who will fix 'er up. Condition number two should be he/she has to start a build thread here on the HAMB

Hope the wife gets better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. squirrel

squirrel

lmao....I was away from my computer for a couple hours, because I went to Bisbee too look at a free car!

it's OT, for another event....

enloe and loudbang like this.
  16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's too funny! Get back in yer car.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have plenty of members in the Phoenix area that might know "that young guy" who has the want to and enough skill to do something with that car but doesn't have the cash to buy it or one like it outright. How Bout it guys? Young being anywhere between 16 an 40 from where I sit right now.

18. Mark Roby

Mark Roby

Good karma uncle scooby! You'll know whose right for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Calling all young Hambers.....

Great gesture Scoob, I wish you and your wife all the best for the future.

20. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Wow that's a great gesture there Scooby, I hope someone takes you up on the offer and makes a project/hobby for themselves.
    Praying for a speedy recovery for your wife.

21. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

You sir, are a true gentleman to offer this up. I hope some aspiring young rodder picks this up. That has mild custom written all over it.

I hope that things go well with the missus and know that you guys are in our prayers.

22. I met you several years ago at Bubba' s. You were the first person to introduce yourself to me. Prayers to your wife and props on making such a gesture. You're a gentleman and a credit to the hobby, brother.

23. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I've got a couple other projects going but I fit the description. Young, somewhat talented, broke as hell.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Praying for your wife and that you will find the perfect young guy to get the car. Cool that you want to help someone get started and pass on this hobby.

25. Hope things go well for your wife! Prayers. Somebody in the Indy area step-up and buy /build this car.:cool:

26. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Thumbs up to you Scoob and best wishes to you and the Mrs. Hoping karma comes your way.
    Be a perfect project for a youngster or perhaps a young family Man that's been out of the car game for awhile and looking to dive back in. Back seat has room enough to cruise a couple lil' ones to cruise night.
    Also hoping it gets built through a HAMB thread. If it does, I envision plenty of guidance and maybe a few parts donations coming its way.
    I'd go through the chassis and drivetrain, but leave the body as is/drive it for awhile (while I saved for a Hemi).

27. Slopok

Slopok

I'm certain rytang could do wonders with that, he's young and in Arizona!

unclescooby, rytang and loudbang like this.
  28. scotts52

scotts52

Way to go. What goes around comes around. Very generous and thoughtful of you. I hope the right person can take you up on your offer.

unclescooby likes this.
  29. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Prayers and best wishes for your wife, and you and your family.
    This is very generous and way cool of you.