Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods TRADITIONAL?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake 27, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Got it. So it morphed from lakes into drag racing in the early '50's (NHRA) ?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    els likes this.
  2. Luke S.

Luke S.
    from Ocala, Fl.

"Hot Rod Police" Dean Lowe..... Hahaha, love it! So true. Until recent years. The big thing was whether your car was glass or steel. Not if you have the correct fan belt, radials or bias tires, etc. Going by most "car people", and the general John Q. Public. These days, anything pre 60's, and not a million dollar show car is a "RAT ROD". Especially if it doesn't have shiney paint! So those worried about someone's car not having the "period correct", "traditional" wheels, air cleaner, nos tail light bulbs, hose clamps, whatever, etc. Should look at the big picture. Who cares. The whole Rat Rod, junk wagon, death trap shit boxes are the real problem. They degrade ALL hot rods, street rods, resto rods, or whatever you choose to catagorize someone's car in. I agree with Dean. I built my car for ME. Not the Hot Rod Police. It's a Model A sedan. SB chevy, T5 tranny. Flat clear over original paint, and patina. I have a lot of time, and money invested in it. Built, not bought. It's safe and dependable. I've driven it across country twice. Whenever anyone calls my car a rat rod. I correct them and say it's a HOT ROD. NOT a piece of shit rat rod! Just my opinion.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

whiplash1923T, Mr48chev, els and 6 others like this.
  3. Take off the bra and have some fun.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. Luke S.

Luke S.
    from Ocala, Fl.

That's what she said....

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

slowmotion, els, Hnstray and 8 others like this.
  5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

That fan pulley as stated and the WP riser are minor distractions, if that FI is gennie it's a rare and expensive period correct piece. Unpolished 'As cast' wheel spokes would be a change to appearance however it looks to be a well put together car that I'd be happy with if it was parked in my garage. I can understand why he had the car bra on when driving to event however it needs to be in the trunk when parked up like that.

els and loudbang like this.
  6. I Love It! And I would vote yes. I love 32 coupes, sbc's , FI ,and mag's. If I were to be pickie, I would Drop the bra for the photos. I think girls and Hot Rods, look more traditional without them.;)

els, Hnstray, jim815 and 5 others like this.
  7. atch

atch

I'd let that thing drip oil in my garage in a heartbeat...

els, Hnstray, jim815 and 3 others like this.
  8. Call it whatever you would like to call it... I would call it perfect.

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I give it ten extra points for the F.I.
    Just to put another tear in a Corvette purists eye.

brad2v, els, jim815 and 4 others like this.
  10. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Traditional styled, not era correct.
    that being said I'm in Dean's camp my car is not era correct and I don't give a damn.

els, jim815 and TFoch like this.
  11. metalman

metalman

What's the old saying, a car with a bra doesn't have any balls?

els likes this.
  12. Blake 27

Blake 27

I'd give my left nut for that BEAUTIFUL Deuce!

els likes this.
  13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

The polished wheels, low profile radials, the bra and the billet fan pulley kinda blow it for traditional, but it's a very cool car, nicely done. Fuelie 327 earns major cool points, but I personally could do with less polishing, but it aint my car, so as long as it fits the owners taste that's all that really counts. But to answer the OP's question, not really traditional, but not far off, and a guy could make a few easy corrections to get there. (I wonder if it has an IFS under those fenders?)

Hey, at least it has a mechanical fan! LOL! And no AC compressor cluttering up the engine bay.

els, loudbang and HemiDeuce like this.
  14. LAROKE

LAROKE

I wouldn't throw it outta bed . . . Wait, I think I got things mixed up again.

els, loudbang and Budget36 like this.
  15. TRADITIONAL?
    My question would be "does anyone of importance really care?"

16. I'd have to take all the non-traditional out of the 3 winder so that it could be a traditional zip-code car.....NOT ! Leave it alone....I'm with Dean all the way on this one.

els likes this.
  17. lowrd

lowrd

Kind of reminds me of the 32 of Doyle Gammel (sp). His had a severe chop if I remember, but still driveable every day if needed. Whatever.

hallrods and els like this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just looks like a perfect fit for the Early Times Car Club, all those club cars had a unique look,....... less the fender ,bumper, and horn bras.

els likes this.
  19. Mo rust

Mo rust

It looks good to me. It almost tempts me to put the fenders back on mine.

els, jim815 and loudbang like this.
  20. clem

clem

Resto rod/Street rod.
    After all, how can it be traditional with that billet number/license plate holder ?
    Nice car though !

26 T Ford RPU and els like this.
  21. Love to have that motor if it is a 327/375:cool: Bra on front bumper??:oops:
    Car sits nice! I'm going to bed now.:rolleyes:

j3harleys and els like this.
  22. Blake 27

Blake 27

Plate frame appears to be stamped SS. DSC00149-002.JPG

els likes this.
  23. I think they were talking about the front. It does look like one nice car. Just a couple of things and it would be more traditional.

els and clem like this.
  24. The bra on the car keeps the paint looking good...except it has a bra on it...but the bra on the car keeps the paint looking good...except...etc

els and clem like this.
  25. Grit gets in behind and scratches the paint any way, I'd rather have road rash as its real. JW

whiplash1923T and els like this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Looks like a luggage rack rear spreader bar. Bob upload_2017-8-24_22-52-53.png

els likes this.
  27. metalman

metalman

Didn't say I didn't like the car, I do and it looks well built. I've just always hated bras on cars and besides I've seen more damaged done with bras rubbing thru the paint. I'd rather have rock chips.

BTW, careful what you wish for, that was my buddy's favorite saying until he got testicle cancer and they took it! Didn't even get the car he wanted.
    Edit, forgot to add a quote from Blake 27 in case my post didn't make sense.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    els likes this.
  28. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Friggin nice car. Actually that front plate bracket resembles the column bracket lokar sells with their auto shifter cable.

els likes this.
  29. Budget36

Budget36

Re: The Bra...

A 100 dollar paint job...fine.

A 5K paint job?...

You be the Judge.

els likes this.
  30. exterminator

exterminator

Wouldn't kick that car out of my garage- it's a modest car.:rolleyes:(The bra.....)get it?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Cleveland Coupe and els like this.