Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newb from TX

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by blue88coupe, Aug 22, 2017.

1. blue88coupe

blue88coupe
    from TX

I've been reading here for awhile and figure its time to make some sort of interaction / contribution. I enjoy the "traditional" forum quite a bit.

My interests are pretty much anything from the days when humans still did the majority of the work with hand tools... or just their hands in general. I read a bunch on casting and mold making and have done some of each myself. I am very interested in a place where 60's hillborn and crower style injection systems cross with modern computer controlled injectors and ignition. I'm fairly proficient with building megasquirt kits and running them on sbc and ls style engines. I have done quite a bit of ford stuff as well and am interested in old and new school hemi stuff.

Anyhow I have read quite a few threads on some of the older hardware that we like to see and I have read a bunch of threads on how that stuff was made and the casting methods used there. Hopefully we can continue exploring those and maybe make something cool or semi interesting and learn something in the process.

j-jock likes this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Discussion on casting methods & styles could get interesting. Same with forming & bending methods. What part of Texas are you located? Jimmie

j-jock likes this.
  3. blue88coupe

blue88coupe
    from TX

About 30 miles east of dallas in a town called Terrell.

4. I would love to follow a thread discussing casting, and casting methods. I have done small stuff with lead, but haven't worked up the nerve to work with aluminium, even though I have been dreaming of doing something for years.
    Welcome to the list.

5. blue88coupe

blue88coupe
    from TX

I posted a thread about sand casting an aluminum throttle body spacer today, check it out if you havent.

j-jock likes this.
  6. Will do
    Bob