Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HalibrandSteve where are you? I sent you $1065 in Mar 2017 and never got my parts!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33highboy, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33highboy

33highboy
    from Florida

Does anyone know HalibrandSteve from Edmunton? Help !

2. Hate to say it but at this point you may be SOL. A member from Edmonton went by to see him the last time you posted and he said Steve was aware he needed to send stuff out but obviously doesn't think it's that big a deal or he would have shipped it. Have you tried calling Edmonton Police Services (780-423-4567) to see if there is anything they can do?

LOU WELLS, els, Stude50 and 3 others like this.
  3. Stay on this like a badger. I hope you get your stuff.
    Bob

els, 3340 and wraymen like this.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"Hate to say it but at this point you may be SOL. A member from Edmonton went by to see him the last time you posted and he said Steve was aware he needed to send stuff out but obviously doesn't think it's that big a deal or he would have shipped it. Have you tried calling Edmonton Police Services (780-423-4567) to see if there is anything they can do?"

Wow!

els likes this.
  5. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I had a rip off by someone in Nova Scotia about 20 years ago. Contacted the local authorities and they did very little if anything. Might be a rare occurrence? Wish you better luck than I had.

czuch and els like this.
  6. mohead1

mohead1

Someone knows where he is? Hit squad....

m&s rodz, els, v8deuce and 1 other person like this.
  7. I just really don't understand how a person can take someone's money and think it's no big deal if they ship the item in a timely manner. I wonder how they would feel if their build was being delayed because someone didn't care enough to ship their part.

Mick

els, Preikster, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  8. I was conned like that once, and it leaves a mark. I found out, after extensive searching, that the guy was a piece of crap, lived off everyone, and didn't have a nickel to his name, so it wasn't even worth while to sue him in small claims court.
    The worst part, was that it was my wife that he conned, and she thought she was buying some Cameo parts that I was looking for.
    Bob

9. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

wow--thats terrible--surprised someone hasn't paid him a visit!

els and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Wow, is the first thing I thought also. Followed by some expletives.

11. putz

putz
    from wisc.

someone in the area start spreading the word ....karma is a bitch!!!!!!!!

12. The car world is a fairly tight-knit community and since the advent of the internet and the various social media it is even more so. People can only get away with that kind of stuff for so long before their name becomes "mud" in most circles. I'm a firm believer in the fact that you can't go through life treating others poorly without it eventually coming back to haunt you. Hope the situation can be resolved peacefully.

els, mad mikey, chevy57dude and 7 others like this.
  13. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I checked his profile and the last time he was on the HAMB was May 21st.

14. He hasn't been on here since May 22, 2017. Hopefully he is not hospitalized or worse.

els and lothianwilly71 like this.
  15. TVC

TVC

If the parts are important, maybe that same guy could go by the house again, grab your parts and send them along to you COD?

More and more, people simply baffle me, just take my breath away with their stupidity and callousness.

els, Jugornot and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sounds like he departed the HAMB after the incident

17. ..........Apparently you type faster than me.:(

18. 117harv

117harv

HomeMembershalibrandsteve
    [​IMG]
    Last Activity:
    May 21, 2017
    Featured Threads:
    Total Feedback Score:
    100%
    Following2
    1. D-Russ
    2. Avgas
    Followers5
    1. jbob1944
    2. Jerry White
    3. rumblegutz
    4. oldtymehiboy
    Show All
    Occupational Health and Safety Professional
    halibrandsteve is not following you
    halibrandsteve

Member, Male, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

halibrandsteve was last seen:

May 21, 2017

• li" data-history="on" data-open="2" style="margin: -23px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 20px; list-style: none; font-size: 14px; background: rgb(246, 246, 246); border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(200, 200, 200); word-wrap: normal; min-height: 23px; display: table; width: 802px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; position: relative;">
    • Recent Activity
    • Postings
    • Information
    • Featured Threads
    • Trading Stats
    • About
      Occupational Health and Safety Professional
      I'm mostly into '32-'34 Fords but also like '28/'29 Model As, T buckets, '41-'48 Coupes and Sedans (especially '42s) and any woodie ever built. I collect vintage magnesium, aluminum and steel wheels and vintage race tires and am always looking to add to my collection or trade some of my unique or rare pieces.

19. 117harv

117harv

I hope he makes this right...0

level2526, els, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  20. 5window

5window

Airfare from Miami to Edmonton is under $400. Sounds like you need a passport.

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

It really sucks that a "car guy" would unceremoniously rip off a fellow car guy. It's one thing to be hosed by a random internet scammer, but being screwed by a fellow enthusiast is sacrilegious.
    When I read these stories, I wonder if the "sellers" ever worry about the eventuality of ripping off the wrong person? The type of person that would take such offense that they'd posse up, pay a visit and collect their parts and then some, at all costs.

els, Jugornot, lowroller1 and 3 others like this.
  22. 6inarow

6inarow

I think the only logical answer to this is either their life went completely to shit and they cant send parts. Or they are a liar cheat and thief and dont care.

els, mad mikey, brad2v and 2 others like this.
  23. Budget36

Budget36

Betting on the latter....seller in Canada, buyer in Fla, that's no overnite road trip.

I'd probably still take vacation time, regardless of the loss, just for the principle...I figure if a man is going to screw me over, I want to have him look into my eyes when doing it...I'm not saying I'd head his way with guns and knives a blazing, I'm saying look me in the eyes and tell me your story.

Bondo Slinger, els, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  24. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

It's always amazed me when people in these small communities try to rip other people off. Everyone will know what kind of douchebag you are.

els likes this.
  25. southcross2631

southcross2631

I would go to his house with the cops and try and get my parts. If that didn't work I would visit with his boss at work and let him or her know what kind of employee they have working for them.
    Then go to the local newspaper and take out an ad warning people about doing business with him.
    Go to all of the auto parts stores with a flyer and ask if you can post them warning about him . You can make his life miserable in his own home town.
    Or you can just bitch about it on sites like this and take your loss and move on.

els and Jugornot like this.
  26. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

He has been on here for a long time and been a part of many threads. I would tend to believe he has had something really life changing hit him. Usually guys who build relationships for some time don't change suddenly if things have gone on as usual. Just my thoughts. If someone hasn't already, someone needs to check on his well being physically and emotionally before raking him through the coals.

mrossbach, els, chryslerfan55 and 7 others like this.
  27. Go back and read the second post from K13. He knows what he is doing. He obviously doesn't care. If he did he could at least try and explain and not just run and hide under a rock. If he was upfront and at least returned a reply and requested a PM to explain the whole incident may not have got to this extreme.

els likes this.
  28. 6inarow

6inarow

Exactly agree 100 percent. thats why I said what I said. Happened to a good friend of mine on this board. He got raked over the coals and if any of those people who did it knew the guy they wouldnt trade places with him. THAT part of this board sucks. so I agree with you

els and RMR&C like this.
  29. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

You might try sending him a PM; which will create an email that will notify him that he has a message on this forum waiting for him.

els and 6inarow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.