Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hershey 2017 Will you be there??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fedcospeed, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Hershey will be here before we know it.Lets hear whos going, buying or selling,how far are you traveling to get there, how many years have you been going , etc etc????

2. Mark T

Mark T

2 hour drive

Going to buy...

mikhett likes this.
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

First one was 1969 haven't missed one yet so this is 48 in a row. Same spots as last year C4J40-41 on the corner of Main Street in the Chocolate field. Brookville is in the next row next to me if you need a land mark. Food vendor and ice cream vendor across the way, think they bring an ATM too. You can leave heavy parts in my spot and pick them up in the evening. Never loose buying time taking parts to your car/truck. Got a nice '39 Ford pickup cab last year, might be looking for a rolling 35-40 chassis for it. Will pay good money for a drivers side door in good shape. Good stuff sells on line, I'll have the usual stuff at Hershey. 3-3 1/2 hour run from Connecticut / New York line. Bob

4. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

We have been going to Spring Carlise since 84, just started going to Fall Hershey since I retired in 2013. I will keep going until I can't stand the walking any more. I have cheated part of the time riding with my buddy on his Palmer cart. Us old wore out guys need a little lift sometimes. We drive 6 hours to get there, hit it hard Wed,Thurs and sometimes part of Friday before leaving for home. We stay near the Glass Lounge at Harrisburg so we always have a great evening meal to fuel us up for the next day!

5. I have never been to the Hershey events I always go to the spring Carslie when is fall Hershey?

6. lukescoupe

lukescoupe
    from oklahoma

I'm going 16 hour drive.

mikhett and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. oldolds

oldolds

October 4-7

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. sawzall

sawzall

OBH 9-10 selling some early chevy parts, and I may have a bare 40 chassis for sale!

9. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i'll be there, walking, talkin, buyin,... I hope.

10. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been there every year since 1965 ,except a couple in the mid 70's when I was in college in Oregon. My Dad and his buddy Marshal were at the first one , took me along from age 7 on.Sold parts up until 1995 but since then I just look up old friends, make a few new ones , and buy a couple goodies if the price is right. Always look forward to it!

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Marking my second trip out from Wisconsin. To buy some stuff I can't live without!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  12. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Second year for us and wish we had made the trip sooner in life.
    I'll be there as long as I can get around from now on.
    I'm taking a trailer cause I'm fishing for a '35-37 ford truck.

13. blackanblue

blackanblue

Love to go but the dif between usd and cad plus the border bs so north of 49 works for me.

14. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

37kid, got you beat by one year. My first was 1968. 49 in a row. As you know know all the activity was centered around the stadium. I really miss the days of sloshing thru the mud and watching the airplanes taking and landing at the airport (now a parking lot). I can't wait.

15. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

If my dad gets a little better I will go as it will be my 24th year in a row.

16. virgin coming from WI. to spots in the red field (dads spots) and Tudor got some in the orange field that we'll be staying at

17. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I am camping on my spots in a tent and having dinners and beers with some buds from Rochester.
    One of the first half dozen or so dates with my wife was going to Hershey,camping in a little two person tent near the landscaping place.Being she was driving a 47 ford at the time and went to Hershey and loved it,well that was all it took for me.
    Takes about 6 hrs now that the new thruway is done but with the truck and trailer loaded,figure at least 7. Staying at the Econo lodge about 3 miles away monday night and getting in line to setup about 6:30 tuesday morning.Its a bitch setting up by myself cause I cant get anyone to go anymore,but my first year selling and setup last year was very good.I am across from the entrance to the old stadium and close to the showers.Breakfast is a short walk ( kind of). As long as I get a big cup of coffee right away iam good to go.
    This is a blast!!! A lot of work but worth it!!! Fedco

18. I haven't missed a year since 1972. Now both of my sons spend the week there with me. We will be buying and selling in the Red field.

19. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Selling in the Red field by the stadium, RSA 28-29. Been going for about 10 years-selling for the last 3 years. 6 hour drive-There are 4 of us travelling together. One may stay with parts while the others go shopping. Feel free to drop any parts to store until the end of the day. alex

20. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Spots are Red Field RCB 47,48. Had to look on my windshield cause the stickers are still there.:D

21. will be there! c4j39-38 camping in our spot .
    buying rusty heavy shit on the far end since 1986.......

The37Kid and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. DSmoke

DSmoke

I will be at both Carlisle and Hershey, live within a few miles of Carlisle now, and within a few miles of Hershey for most of my past. My first Hershey show would have been around 1990 as a kid, glad to finally have a car to shop for. This will be my 2nd year shopping there, damn that's a lot of walking!!!

23. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

28 miles??? Something like that

24. Flop

Flop

Will be selling in the orange field with a truck load of model a parts !

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dino 64 and The37Kid like this.
  25. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Still buying up "stuff" to take. If you have never been to this gig, do it. Its one of the best car events on the east coast and in my opinion the world!! Fedco

26. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

First year about 1980. Every year since, except 1990 when I foolishly agreed to get married that weekend. Still have her, a testimony to our love after she made me miss Hershey.
    We will have a trailer full of 1941-1946 Chevy/GMC parts. Our spaces are GAI 18-19, near the car corral and the Mark Hyman hopelessly overpriced used car emporium. Of course, we will be at Fall Carlisle the week before- but not as vendors. You have to do both, they are the classic collector car events.

27. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Will be there Wednesday and Thursday,Listen for the Cowbell

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just started a new HERSHEY WANT LIST thread, hope it allows people to list what they are looking for and remind others to bring those parts along. Bob

29. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

One of these years I'm going to make a vacation out of it and attend one of these shows. Lots of cool stuff I'd like to check out in that area too.

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just do it! I said the same about Pebble Beach for years, finally got there last year. Lots to see in Pennsylvania, start planning your 2018 trip now.:) Bob

NWRustyJunk and tb33anda3rd like this.